Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141054 times)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #495 on: November 13, 2014, 02:51:16 PM »
Fine with me. (and good night, Kex, also!)

And since for once no one else is around to be bothered by it, I'll be blasting setting music to play in the background. :P

WHY DO I ALWAYS FORGET ABOUT THE STARTING TIMES WHEN I CHOOSE THEM MYSELF?!?!

Oh, well, I'll join the next one...
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #496 on: November 13, 2014, 03:02:16 PM »
WHY DO I ALWAYS FORGET ABOUT THE STARTING TIMES WHEN I CHOOSE THEM MYSELF?!?!

Oh, well, I'll join the next one...

Wait, so you meant to tell me that I was pounding away at my keyboard, all ALONE? Oh well, good for my word count at least.

358 words. :15, next?

Nimphy

« Reply #497 on: November 13, 2014, 03:04:44 PM »
Wait, so you meant to tell me that I was pounding away at my keyboard, all ALONE? Oh well, good for my word count at least.

358 words. :15, next?

:10 please? I want to make as much out of the time I have left as possible... I'm nowhere near my wordcount for the day.

And yup, you were pounding at your keyboard, all alone. And were very productive. Placebo effect, I guess?

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #498 on: November 13, 2014, 03:09:36 PM »
:10 please? I want to make as much out of the time I have left as possible... I'm nowhere near my wordcount for the day.

And yup, you were pounding at your keyboard, all alone. And were very productive. Placebo effect, I guess?

Sure. To both.

Nimphy

« Reply #499 on: November 13, 2014, 03:26:03 PM »
Meh. 418. Good enough, I guess. Wanna do another one?

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #500 on: November 13, 2014, 03:28:52 PM »
378, exactly twenty words more. Uh... :35?

Nimphy

« Reply #501 on: November 13, 2014, 03:30:24 PM »
378, exactly twenty words more. Uh... :35?

Yeah, sounds good. (Oops, I actually did 434 words, which sounds a little better)

Nimphy

« Reply #502 on: November 13, 2014, 03:52:49 PM »
Uh. 403. Even worse. I'm really tired, and have somehow reached my daily goal, so I think I'll retire right now... the two-week-long sleep deprivation is starting to get its revenge.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #503 on: November 13, 2014, 03:55:03 PM »
Uh. 403. Even worse. I'm really tired, and have somehow reached my daily goal, so I think I'll retire right now... the two-week-long sleep deprivation is starting to get its revenge.

329 words. Rest is good :). Hope you get plenty of it.

Nimphy

« Reply #504 on: November 13, 2014, 03:57:30 PM »
329 words. Rest is good :). Hope you get plenty of it.

If by some weird twist of fate I manage not to get distracted by the shiny internet until 0:30 in the night today, and o to sleep in quarter of an hour, I get to sleep a full 8 hours tonight. Which we all know will never happen.

OurAdversarialSystem

« Reply #505 on: November 13, 2014, 04:58:55 PM »

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
« Reply #506 on: November 13, 2014, 05:19:35 PM »
So, I just remembered that I said that I'd tell you all how I liked Scrivener. Heh. Okay, here goes. (Mostly, this is in comparison to Word, sorry people-who-don't-use-Word)

Good:
-I can have all that random, non-story stuff right there at the side of my screen whenever I need it. Cool!
-I can have goals for my word count at the bottom of the screen
-I can move chapters and stuff around, because they don't have to be all in a row, in the same document.
-Dang it, that corkboard thing is just cool looking.
-You can see what the most common words you use are, and a bunch of other weird statistics

Bad:
-No Autocorrect! (At least that I can find. :P) That's probably my biggest complaint...
-I can't see how many words a particular tiny section is just by highlighting it.
-It's harder to format. I haven't figured out how to change the default font, so if I don't manually change it every time I open a new thing, it annoys me.
-The Search function is weird. I can't jump down to the next instance, like in Word.

Overall, I like it.

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89

Nimphy

« Reply #507 on: November 13, 2014, 05:24:12 PM »
So, I just remembered that I said that I'd tell you all how I liked Scrivener. Heh. Okay, here goes. (Mostly, this is in comparison to Word, sorry people-who-don't-use-Word)

Good:
-I can have all that random, non-story stuff right there at the side of my screen whenever I need it. Cool!
-I can have goals for my word count at the bottom of the screen
-I can move chapters and stuff around, because they don't have to be all in a row, in the same document.
-Dang it, that corkboard thing is just cool looking.
-You can see what the most common words you use are, and a bunch of other weird statistics

Bad:
-No Autocorrect! (At least that I can find. :P) That's probably my biggest complaint...
-I can't see how many words a particular tiny section is just by highlighting it.
-It's harder to format. I haven't figured out how to change the default font, so if I don't manually change it every time I open a new thing, it annoys me.
-The Search function is weird. I can't jump down to the next instance, like in Word.

Overall, I like it.

Ah, yes, I also tried out Scrivener. The best thing is that I can write anything without getting lost in time and space!

In other news, today not only did I barely wake up, but I also forgot my dinner. I'm starting to think the NaNo guys were not exaggerating...

Nimphy

« Reply #508 on: November 14, 2014, 03:55:10 PM »
Okay, so for some weird reason I'm leading in the word count. I've either only written rubbish, or am an incredibly fast writer. I'll opt for a mix of the two, but I'll choose to believe it's mostly the second, until NaNoWriMo is over at least. I'm mainly here to gloat, and make y'all understand my pure awesomeness.

I'm also here to ask how are things going.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #509 on: November 14, 2014, 04:23:05 PM »
Okay, so for some weird reason I'm leading in the word count. I've either only written rubbish, or am an incredibly fast writer. I'll opt for a mix of the two, but I'll choose to believe it's mostly the second, until NaNoWriMo is over at least. I'm mainly here to gloat, and make y'all understand my pure awesomeness.

I'm also here to ask how are things going.
Do not remind me how sadly I am lagging behind. :'( *is still at 0 words for today*

Story-wise, I have a conversation to finish and then I need to figure out where to go next...which is proving hard to do. I should probably also sort my scenes into chronological order.

I've actually been waiting for a day when all I would do is write, but for some reason all my Saturdays have suddenly become inordinately busy. OH WELL get to writing, me.

Update: Okay, apparently I can't even finish the conversation, because it involves coming up with a clever plan and I can't come up with one. I guess I'll just jump straight into some action, because people have mostly been standing around snarking, and figure out what they figured out later.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 08:02:21 PM by mithrysc »