Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141149 times)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #360 on: November 10, 2014, 01:25:20 PM »
400, so two write ins to go. But I could do with a little break :).

Note to myself. Writing seems to be unhealthy on some subjects. Will exermine this further the next days ;).

Yup, I also vote for a short break, even though I almost reached my daily goal. Next one at :00?

And we DO hold the Power of Life and Death!!! We can destroy entire lands, entire worlds, by pressing the backspace key! We can kill all the characters on a whim! We can bring people back from the dead, and make them die again, all with our fingers! Just our fingers!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #361 on: November 10, 2014, 01:29:08 PM »
I caused a volcano eruption last week, wuhahaha! <-- evil laugh
I'd be in at (20):00. Must prepare my dinner before. :)
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #362 on: November 10, 2014, 01:30:45 PM »
Yup, I also vote for a short break, even though I almost reached my daily goal. Next one at :00?

And we DO hold the Power of Life and Death!!! We can destroy entire lands, entire worlds, by pressing the backspace key! We can kill all the characters on a whim! We can bring people back from the dead, and make them die again, all with our fingers! Just our fingers!
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, and sure, that works fine.

I caused the main human population in my story to fall under mind control. (There isn't an appropriate "grinning evilly emoticon here.)

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #363 on: November 10, 2014, 01:31:34 PM »

20:00 then :).

Sooooooo ready?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 01:59:43 PM by kex »
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Fen Shen

• Ranger
« Reply #364 on: November 10, 2014, 02:05:36 PM »
How long do we write? (I already lost my first 5min for a stupid phone call  >:( )
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:

Nimphy

« Reply #365 on: November 10, 2014, 02:16:41 PM »
How long do we write? (I already lost my first 5min for a stupid phone call  >:( )

For 15 mins.

I tried and be slow this time. Even eated while I wrote. 569 words. Ladies, and gentlemen, we now know the truth.

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #366 on: November 10, 2014, 02:17:44 PM »
For 15 mins.

I tried and be slow this time. Even eated while I wrote. 569 words. Ladies, and gentlemen, we now know the truth.

I should try that. Maybe consciously thinking about writing while writing is bad for me.

419 words for me.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #367 on: November 10, 2014, 02:18:37 PM »

Its always fifteen minutes of constant writing.

Okay Nimphy, how are you doing this? Eating and writing at the same time? I managed to do 490 again. I hit the 15.000 :). I will just do about 2 hundred more than I won't have to catch up as much tomorrow.

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Fen Shen

• Ranger
« Reply #368 on: November 10, 2014, 02:19:40 PM »
267 words. Damn you, phone call. But now I'll eat, too, and write some more later. :)

Nimphy

« Reply #369 on: November 10, 2014, 02:22:32 PM »
Its always fifteen minutes of constant writing.

Okay Nimphy, how are you doing this? Eating and writing at the same time? I managed to do 490 again. I hit the 15.000 :). I will just do about 2 hundred more than I won't have to catch up as much tomorrow.

1) Open the pack of M&M's one minute before the race starts.
2) Write. Slowly. Think before you write and enjoy it. And don't you dare stop and go back to correct grammatical and/or spelling mistakes.
3) Every 30 seconds, stop writing, take an M&M and eat it. Munch. Enjoy. Think about your next sentence very carefully.
4) Repeat from step 2.

So... if no one wants another word race, I'll do my best to catch up wih kex by myself. But first, I shall feed.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #370 on: November 10, 2014, 02:26:11 PM »
2) Write. Slowly. Think before you write and enjoy it. And don't you dare stop and go back to correct grammatical and/or spelling mistakes.
3) Every 30 seconds, stop writing, take an M&M and eat it. Munch. Enjoy. Think about your next sentence very carefully.
4) Repeat from step 2.

So... if no one wants another word race, I'll do my best to catch up wih kex by myself. But first, I shall feed.

I had to work hard for the last two years on stopping myself eating sweets during these occassions. My sports activities are suffering enough for doing this writing project at the moment ;). I will not start putting sweets on top. Just a few more words ;). And tomorrow I have to write down another of the sad stories.

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #371 on: November 10, 2014, 02:27:40 PM »
4) Repeat from step 2.

Well, I'm doing my best to catch up with you (only 7000 6000 or so words to go! Which isn't hard at all!), so I'm pretty much up for anything. I need to find some M&Ms though.

Fen Shen

• Ranger
« Reply #372 on: November 10, 2014, 02:35:57 PM »
I guess carrots would work as well.  ;) I've munched some while writing, but now the rest went into the salad.

Clayres

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Been back for a while now, I should change this :P
« Reply #373 on: November 10, 2014, 02:36:51 PM »
*comes out of lurking*

Random question: do you guys use scripts? Searching for tips for my own, non-NaNoWriMo writing. I'm so totally not stuck there, nope... :P
kind of getting along: :germany: :uk:

rusty: :spain:

very rusty: :vaticancity:

still trying (appearantly failing) to learn: :japan:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #374 on: November 10, 2014, 02:39:37 PM »
No more carrots for me today. I eat them a lot in the morning so I wont take in any sweets during school. If I weaken there once there is always one kid wishing to share there treasures with me, saying yes once means to eat unhealthy ten times more ;).

But I should let go on correcting my grammar. Though I really don't like it if the word order is wrong or one word is constantly repeating so I'm searching for equivalents the whole time.

For today I think I might be done. Work will be calling early tomorrow and I don't intend on lacking sleep in the morning. So have fun while catching up :).

Forum Rules
Helpful Information