Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141080 times)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #300 on: November 09, 2014, 11:10:38 AM »
I'm quite sure none of us is ugly. But sometimes that is pretty much how I see our species. Though my hearing is pretty good and my lips are of a really nice colour far away from pink ;). But if I was an alien I would be impressed as well as terrified by our culture. Do you read "The End" webcomic? There aliens collected information on human beings which lead to a primer including the information, that humans were capable of only speaking about two to three different languages :D.

Never read it, but it's interesting. Just look at all of our signatures, the alien is right. For now.

And I'm really glad you thought I wasn't describing normal humans. Means I did it the right way :D

Anyone in the mood for a third race or shall we leave it at that?
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #301 on: November 09, 2014, 11:14:19 AM »
Never read it, but it's interesting. Just look at all of our signatures, the alien is right. For now.

And I'm really glad you thought I wasn't describing normal humans. Means I did it the right way :D

Anyone in the mood for a third race or shall we leave it at that?

Another 15 Minutes would be fine. Afterwards I should go on with my knitting. The first try needed some improvement but now the pattern is nearly as I thought it might be.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Nimphy

« Reply #302 on: November 09, 2014, 11:15:55 AM »
Another 15 Minutes would be fine. Afterwards I should go on with my knitting. The first try needed some improvement but now the pattern is nearly as I thought it might be.

:20 then?

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #303 on: November 09, 2014, 11:20:29 AM »

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Nimphy

« Reply #304 on: November 09, 2014, 11:20:56 AM »

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #305 on: November 09, 2014, 11:22:26 AM »
:30 it is!

Horay, maybe I will catch up on This Cat's word count, too. Though I start to tyre of a bit.

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Nimphy

« Reply #306 on: November 09, 2014, 11:24:04 AM »
Horay, maybe I will catch up on This Cat's word count, too. Though I start to tyre of a bit.

Aye, this is the point where our motivation begins to waver. But behold, we shall complete our task and bestow upon the world the gift of our novels!

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #307 on: November 09, 2014, 11:47:23 AM »
487. Okay, I think I will finish the 13000 now and then put an end to todays writing.

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Nimphy

« Reply #308 on: November 09, 2014, 11:49:03 AM »
395. The word count is falling down, falling down, falling down... but doesn't matter. I did write slowly. I will probably write for another while, then take a break. Not like I have anything better to do, anyways. Except maybe for singing. Singing may come later.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #309 on: November 09, 2014, 12:03:35 PM »
So here is part of today's achievment. It was not easy to choose an appropriate break because, yeah well, some of the events covered in that particular file are even sad if you stick to scratching the surface:

"Farrell’s story might be one of the saddest. He started showing signs of problematic behaviour considering social interaction early in kindergarten. There he first attracted attention by bossing other kids around or getting pretty angry if he just thought someone called him names. Also he started shouting back at the educators if they reminded him about the rules. On seldom occassions he turned violent against others but a level you would consider on the edge of normality for a child his age. They made a notice for the primary school taking him over but left it at that. While he went at another school his younger brother stayed at the kindergarten. As he fared far better than his older brother authorities did not take any notice of the family. Farrell managed to do well at school at the first time. He was eager in learning to read and write and participated in lessons. He also managed keeping the rules of some sorts but at first grade the setting is more open for kids.
After some time his teachers faced some severe problems with him. It was plain that Farrell had to encounter unpleasant circumstances at home. On some weeks he never changed his cloth and didn’t even bring changings for sports lessons with him. Also his hair would get really filthy and his homework was not done properly, if it was done at all."

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Fenris

« Reply #310 on: November 09, 2014, 12:21:57 PM »
Its starting to seem like 50,000 words isn't enough. Six thousand words in, and plot hasn't really gotten off the ground yet.

Nimphy

« Reply #311 on: November 09, 2014, 12:37:06 PM »
Its starting to seem like 50,000 words isn't enough. Six thousand words in, and plot hasn't really gotten off the ground yet.

Average novels total 75.000-90.000 more or less, as far as I know. But 50.000 is a good starting point, and for some stories (for example the other option I could work on) it would have been perfect.

So here is part of today's achievment. It was not easy to choose an appropriate break because, yeah well, some of the events covered in that particular file are even sad if you stick to scratching the surface:

"Farrell’s story might be one of the saddest. He started showing signs of problematic behaviour considering social interaction early in kindergarten. There he first attracted attention by bossing other kids around or getting pretty angry if he just thought someone called him names. Also he started shouting back at the educators if they reminded him about the rules. On seldom occassions he turned violent against others but a level you would consider on the edge of normality for a child his age. They made a notice for the primary school taking him over but left it at that. While he went at another school his younger brother stayed at the kindergarten. As he fared far better than his older brother authorities did not take any notice of the family. Farrell managed to do well at school at the first time. He was eager in learning to read and write and participated in lessons. He also managed keeping the rules of some sorts but at first grade the setting is more open for kids.
After some time his teachers faced some severe problems with him. It was plain that Farrell had to encounter unpleasant circumstances at home. On some weeks he never changed his cloth and didn’t even bring changings for sports lessons with him. Also his hair would get really filthy and his homework was not done properly, if it was done at all."

Kex, that sounds terrible. I mean it. I could never write something like this and maintain a straight face. But I love it that you're writing about your children. You're doing a very good job.

Fenris

« Reply #312 on: November 09, 2014, 12:53:48 PM »
And now I think I should call it quits for today. Got 4,766 words done today (and 1,676 yesterday), so I am starting to catch up from not being able to write in the first week.

Nimphy

« Reply #313 on: November 09, 2014, 12:54:36 PM »
And now I think I should call it quits for today. Got 4,766 words done today (and 1,676 yesterday), so I am starting to catch up from not being able to write in the first week.

Nooooo, you should get to 5.000 words! Everyone knows rounded numbers are great!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 12:59:46 PM by Nimphy »

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #314 on: November 09, 2014, 01:07:25 PM »
Nooooo, you should get to 5.000 words! Everyone knows rounded numbers are great!

I agree. It's less then 300 words before earning the next badge. Fenris, you can do this!

Forum Rules
Helpful Information