Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141097 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #885 on: November 15, 2015, 05:36:57 PM »
Whooo, I have crossed the 25 000 words mark! Halfway into the book, so I'll do a thorough rundown on all the characters statuses:

Spoiler: show
Alive

Timo, Elena: currently moving around the house together.
Gita: is living her dream come true.
Hugrún, Guðrún: have managed to find a safe place for the night, Hugrún's in bad shape.
Leah: walking alone in the maze somewhere.
Chris, Harry: still locked in the panic room.

Dead

Jonathan: well, that's how he started the game.
Anne: murdered.
Agata: has been dead for centuries.
Pyry: very dead, the creepiest death scene I've written so far.

Not defined: Inge.

I... I just caught myself thinking "I gotta hurry up so I get them all killed in two weeks' time"... also my current search history makes me look bad. Anyway, tomorrow's writing will include an explanation to why these people are locked in and what's after them, and it's a part I've really been looking forward to writing so exciting times ahead!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #886 on: November 15, 2015, 05:42:18 PM »
Excuse me, but I have to scream it somewhere : I HAVE 50017 WORDS RIGHT NOW ! :D
*Goes back to her plan, afraid of not being in the middle yet*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #887 on: November 15, 2015, 05:53:13 PM »
Whooo, I have crossed the 25 000 words mark! Halfway into the book, so I'll do a thorough rundown on all the characters statuses

/chinhands
8 ) This still sounds fascinating. Also, I'm curious about your searches. Am I correct in that they make you seem like some kind of murderer?

Excuse me, but I have to scream it somewhere : I HAVE 50017 WORDS RIGHT NOW ! :D

MÉLU, THAT'S WONDERFUL. Congratulations!

As for me, I finished another draft today. Still needs work, but that's okay. : D This one is closer to original fiction than most of the other stuff I've been writing (but since it's for an exchange, I can't give any details).
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #888 on: November 15, 2015, 05:55:45 PM »
Woo, go Laufey! And Mélusine!

Aaaand now I've missed four days of writing. Hm. Maybe I'll have more free time over Thanksgiving.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #889 on: November 15, 2015, 06:00:46 PM »
Also, I'm curious about your searches. Am I correct in that they make you seem like some kind of murderer?

Hopefully not you know, but there's all kinds of "how long will a person survive if X" and some quite disturbing image googlings...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

« Reply #890 on: November 15, 2015, 06:50:53 PM »
Thank Yuu and mithrysc :)

Laufey, you're doing a great job ! (Not for the health of your characters, but that's an other story...)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #891 on: November 15, 2015, 09:34:38 PM »
Laufeyyyyyyyyyyyy I was avoiding posting in this thread because I'm not doing NaNo but YOU HAVE TO SHARE THIS BOOK WITH ME WHEN YOU'RE DONE :'3c It sounds so cool and literally.... right up my alley........... please you have to I'm dying here
YEET

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #892 on: November 16, 2015, 12:05:48 AM »
Whooo, I have crossed the 25 000 words mark! Halfway into the book, so I'll do a thorough rundown on all the characters statuses:

Alive

Timo, Elena: currently moving around the house together.
Gita: is living her dream come true.
Hugrún, Guðrún: have managed to find a safe place for the night, Hugrún's in bad shape.
Leah: walking alone in the maze somewhere.
Chris, Harry: still locked in the panic room.

Dead

Jonathan: well, that's how he started the game.
Anne: murdered.
Agata: has been dead for centuries.
Pyry: very dead, the creepiest death scene I've written so far.

Not defined: Inge.

I... I just caught myself thinking "I gotta hurry up so I get them all killed in two weeks' time"... also my current search history makes me look bad. Anyway, tomorrow's writing will include an explanation to why these people are locked in and what's after them, and it's a part I've really been looking forward to writing so exciting times ahead!

Ooh, halfway there! And yeah, I have a lot of writer friends who are concerned about what someone might intuit from their search histories. Since mine is full of questions like "what colors do sheep come in?" and "list of [birds/fish/trees] native to [areas with climates similar to my novel]" I'm not too concerned...I don't think any government agencies are going to come after me and make me take care of sheep.

Oooooh, congratulations! That's really exciting.

I'm not quite to the 25k mark yet (I have around 500 words to go) but I might be done (or just about done) with the first draft of my novel! (I've been working on an ongoing project, so the 25k isn't the total word count, just this month's.) It feels like I should actually write a little more falling action/wrap-up stuff, but this interaction between my male MC and his father feels like it would make a nice end note:
They sat and watched the seabirds squabble over what was left on the deck of a nearby fishing boat for a while, then the captain stood. “Right then. If we’re going to have this old lass back on her sea legs, we’d better get started. Go down to the cabin and get me the log—I need to see what kind of shape we’re in.”
Gair pushed to his feet. “Aye, I’m on it, Da.”
His father’s eyes twinkled. “That’s ‘captain’ when we’re on board, lad.”

(It might not make much sense out of context, but basically Gair and his father had a huge fight earlier in the story and the captain kicked him out of the crew...so the last line acknowledges that he's allowed back.)
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #893 on: November 16, 2015, 02:49:52 AM »

Congratulations! Let me scream along!
I've reached 50030 words! \o/ 100k total for this story, and I still haven't reached what was supposed to be the halfway point. Haha, but so much have changed compared to my planing so I no longer know where the halfway point will be xD
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Mélusine

« Reply #894 on: November 16, 2015, 05:37:19 AM »
You're doing a good job with your (I assume you have them now) 25000 words, Kiraly :)
And thank and congratulations to you too, Windfighter ! :D

P__

« Reply #895 on: November 16, 2015, 01:58:27 PM »
congrats Mélusine and Windy on finishing NaNo in half the time :o (well technically Windy you're a few hours after half-time but...)
and congrats everyone who broke the 25k too!
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #896 on: November 16, 2015, 07:00:55 PM »
I also crossed the 25k line right in time (a minute or two before midnight)!  Because yesterday my internet was out all day.  So what did I do?  I wrote 8,000 words!  I got past today's necessary wordcount  as well, but now I'm feeling like a break from the story.  The plot is headed towards foggy territory now.

I am so curious about how the magic works in your story, Laufey.

Congratulations to Mélusine and Windfighter for winning, and hurrah for those keeping pace still!

And if you're behind, I guess just go somewhere stormy and get your internet killed for a day?  Keep enjoying your stories, anyway!
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Mélusine

« Reply #897 on: November 16, 2015, 07:07:42 PM »
Because yesterday my internet was out all day.  So what did I do?  I wrote 8,000 words!
In only one day ? O_o Wow, that's... wow. Congratulations !

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #898 on: November 17, 2015, 01:59:22 AM »
In only one day ? O_o Wow, that's... wow. Congratulations !

I'm pretty surprised that I managed to make it, I guess it was just a day meant for writing!  ^-^
Haven't written as much today, but I'm keeping pace.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Mélusine

« Reply #899 on: November 19, 2015, 05:30:13 AM »
I'm late in what I expected to do. My characters can't follow some things I had on my plan because they have changed at a moment and it doesn't fit them anymore but I don't have time to fix all. My chapters are too longs. My story is too long.
Where are the chocolate bar and my blanket ?