Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141120 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #840 on: November 05, 2015, 05:43:15 PM »
I'm nowhere near as hardworking as some in this thread are, but today I managed to gather everyone in one room, feed them and make everyone feel a little bit uneasy in process.

"Minutes turned into hours without anyone noticing, or if someone did they said nothing about it. The clocks on the walls, tables and shelves filled the background with their calming, erratic sea-sound, ticking the day away one second at a time. Outside the storm seemed to only grow and occasionally the lights in the room flickered, causing momentary pauses in the discussion as the whole group glanced up in unison and then picked up quickly where they had left off, hoping no one else would mention it."
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #841 on: November 05, 2015, 06:13:48 PM »
oooh, that sounds AWESOME, Laufey!

I managed to get three people home from the strange digital world, give them a technical infodump about computers, making one character slowly start turning on his friends, and we finally get to see a little from the... uh... villains' perspectives! Oh, I also managed to get a character who didn't like the MCs to join their quest. It was an interesting day today *nods*

Also reached 17k words! I'm starting to believe I'll finish NaNo this year as well \o/ Here's to all of us for being awesome! *raises glass with chocolate milk*

*falls for the temptation and also shows of a snippet* Have fun trying to dechiffer it!
   De hade lämnat honom igen. De hade glömt bort honom. Han var faktiskt ingenting värd för dem.
   Yamato försökte slå tankarna ur hjärnan, han ville hålla fast vid att de hade en plan, att de skulle komma efter honom när som helst. Men de hade åkt tillbaka till den vanliga världen en andra gång. Varför? Det var mycket svårare för honom att motivera det den här gången. Tankarna om att de hade en plan kändes ihåliga och upprepade, som ett mantra som hade förlorat sin kraft.
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #842 on: November 05, 2015, 09:56:32 PM »
Ahh, you all write so much!!

I finally had an idea for my story, and I hope things work from now on...
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #843 on: November 05, 2015, 11:04:23 PM »
Today's been an ugh day. I wrote 14 words a minute ago, but I haven't had the motivation today. Nor did I feel good either. . .
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #844 on: November 05, 2015, 11:35:18 PM »
Today's been an ugh day. I wrote 14 words a minute ago, but I haven't had the motivation today. Nor did I feel good either. . .
Aww, it can be really hard to write when you don't feel good! Take care of yourself, and you can always write more words tomorrow.

Ahh, you all write so much!!

I finally had an idea for my story, and I hope things work from now on...
Hooray for story ideas! And don't let anyone else's word count worry you...any words you write will be words you hadn't written before, and that's what matters.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #845 on: November 05, 2015, 11:51:11 PM »
I started out writing as planned, but now apparently I've gotten sidetracked into writing some fanfiction? Horrible self-insert fanfiction, but I digress. Eh, writing is writing, time to add it to the word count! I'm already a rebel as it is :P
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #846 on: November 06, 2015, 03:40:17 PM »
Today is moving SO SLOW, let me procrastinate here in the forum!
I've only written 1,000 words so far, a bit from today's goal of 2,700 words! Still 2½ hour left of today so I might make it, I just feel awfully uninspired.

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #847 on: November 06, 2015, 06:35:48 PM »
Today is moving SO SLOW, let me procrastinate here in the forum!
I've only written 1,000 words so far, a bit from today's goal of 2,700 words! Still 2½ hour left of today so I might make it, I just feel awfully uninspired.
Second complicated-busy day. I may have ran here and there during all the day and written 300 words before I had to left this morning :( *Feels... not productive. Slow. Argh*)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #848 on: November 06, 2015, 06:55:34 PM »
I managed to get myself back up the last hour of the day and ended with a wordcount of 2637 words yesterday! I am so close to 20k now <3

I wrote a bit from the villains' point of view yesterday, which was kind of boring so I might just throw that whole chapter out later. Then I managed to get my character back into the plot so currently we have one character who is out cold because of... the cold... haha, I'm sorry xD
The Main Characters are also currently being stalked by one of the bad characters but what's this? They used to be friends with him? Who is this? Why has he joined the evil side?!

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #849 on: November 06, 2015, 11:49:22 PM »
500 words today. Hooray! My exchange fic is halfway to the 1k-minimum. I'm really happy about this.

I had a lot of trouble with this - some of the stuff I wrote earlier for mini-wrimo was for this fic, but I HATED IT, so I decided to restart with a completely different story. Now, it'll go a lot easier. : D My assigned recipient didn't give me much of a prompt to work from, so I'm just going to do whatever I think is good.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

« Reply #850 on: November 07, 2015, 10:01:03 AM »
500 words today. Hooray! My exchange fic is halfway to the 1k-minimum. I'm really happy about this.
I'm happy to see you're enjoying your NaNo :)

NaNo's personal aim for yesterday : done. (Mmmh, it's not the good word, but let's pretend it could be because I can't find it.)
NaNo's personal aim for today : huuuuuuu, let me have tea before all and I'll go back writing soon.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 10:04:15 AM by Mélusine »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #851 on: November 07, 2015, 11:08:20 AM »
I'm happy to see you're enjoying your NaNo :)

NaNo's personal aim for yesterday : done. (Mmmh, it's not the good word, but let's pretend it could be because I can't find it.)
NaNo's personal aim for today : huuuuuuu, let me have tea before all and I'll go back writing soon.

I definitely am! : D
The "let's pretend it could be good words" is something I sympathize with... I hope you'll do well with writing today!

Iiii... discovered that there is a write-in in my town. And I'm going tomorrow. I'm so nervous!
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #852 on: November 07, 2015, 11:12:57 AM »
I definitely am! : D
The "let's pretend it could be good words" is something I sympathize with... I hope you'll do well with writing today!

Iiii... discovered that there is a write-in in my town. And I'm going tomorrow. I'm so nervous!

Ooooh, that's awesome! I'm suspecting that I'm the only NaNoer living in my town, so I have to have write-ins with myself. I hope you'll be having fun! You'll be able to procrastinate writing together with others!
Tell us all about it afterwards! <3

Mélusine

« Reply #853 on: November 07, 2015, 11:33:53 AM »
That's wonderful, Yuu :)
And for being nervous, remember the other persons may be faking to be quiet ;) I'm sure all will be all right.

I would like to write 3000 others words. I won't be able to write tomorrow (departure 5.30 AM, come back for 10.30 PM, huuuuuuu...) and would like to conserve the rhythm I had at the beginning because my novel may be, like last year, around 80000 words. So, yes, tea and going back to my forest write :)

Mélusine

« Reply #854 on: November 07, 2015, 05:23:15 PM »
6374 words today is too much, I'M TIRED ! (But happy.)