Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141062 times)

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #825 on: November 05, 2015, 12:21:16 PM »
Sooo, I'm having quite a blankout for the moment. Anyone up for a wordsprint or five in the ssss writers chat? I am awaiting a friend though, but if she comes while we're sprinting she'll just have to wait :P
I've only written 200 out of the 2800 I'm supposed to today, so I really need some type of push xD
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

P__

« Reply #826 on: November 05, 2015, 01:24:27 PM »
I would it I didn't have *that much* homework to do instead (and also if I was an hour earlier, it seems)
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #827 on: November 05, 2015, 01:25:59 PM »
Hmm... I started writing something but now I have no idea where I want to go with this, and I want to start it all over with another story...
Ugghhh, my first NaNoWriMo ever and I'm stuck in the first week! D:
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #828 on: November 05, 2015, 01:33:08 PM »
Hmm... I started writing something but now I have no idea where I want to go with this, and I want to start it all over with another story...

This is the time you've got to push through! Don't worry about not knowing where you're headed, just write. Think of what your characters would do next, let them lead you. I know how you feel: on my first NaNoWriMo I ran out of my meticulously planned plot-line in the first week as well. But my characters pushed me through to another subplot, and I think your characters will do the same for you!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #829 on: November 05, 2015, 01:46:45 PM »

Suddenly the Traveling Shovel of Death shows up and starts hunting for your main character! It can not be killed since it's not alive. How will your MC get rid of it?
Then one of your minor characters fall in love with it! A weird romantic sideplot develops and leaves your character hearbroken when you are no longer in need of TSoD's services!

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #830 on: November 05, 2015, 02:06:32 PM »
So. You can't write when you're babysitting a 5 years old. Only 971 words since this morning, including between midnight and 1AM. I have four hours left and guests are at home...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #831 on: November 05, 2015, 02:09:44 PM »
So. You can't write when you're babysitting a 5 years old. Only 971 words since this morning, including between midnight and 1AM. I have four hours left and guests are at home...

911 words, but I'm trying to remedy that now! Hanging out in this forum doesn't really help though... I'm also not really sure where my characters are going now, they've screwed up the plot a bit too much! I can fix it, I'm just not sure how to get there yet xD

Mélusine

« Reply #832 on: November 05, 2015, 02:12:18 PM »
911 words, but I'm trying to remedy that now! Hanging out in this forum doesn't really help though... I'm also not really sure where my characters are going now, they've screwed up the plot a bit too much! I can fix it, I'm just not sure how to get there yet xD
I'm getting back three of them. And being absolutely not sociable.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

P__

« Reply #833 on: November 05, 2015, 02:59:03 PM »
Only 971 words

Unacceptable!!!
(I'm still at zero for the day, but there's some homework I can put off so I can do *actual work* for a while instead)
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #834 on: November 05, 2015, 03:04:10 PM »
I've managed to reach 1,400 words now! If I could just stop procrastinating so I get done for the day... 1,400 more words to go!

Mélusine

« Reply #835 on: November 05, 2015, 04:41:08 PM »
Unacceptable!!!
I agree. 1690 is better. I'm sure I can write more. If a character from the former generation stop giving me informations I can't use right now.

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #836 on: November 05, 2015, 04:47:16 PM »
I agree. 1690 is better. I'm sure I can write more. If a character from the former generation stop giving me informations I can't use right now.

USE IT ANYWAY! One of my characters had a BIG infodump today! Made me get lots of words, but I'm gonna have to trim it before I publish the story xD
Let your character infodump all over your story, great fun!

Also reached today's goal and I now hold a word count of 16,000!

Mélusine

« Reply #837 on: November 05, 2015, 04:55:50 PM »
USE IT ANYWAY! One of my characters had a BIG infodump today! Made me get lots of words, but I'm gonna have to trim it before I publish the story xD
Let your character infodump all over your story, great fun!

Also reached today's goal and I now hold a word count of 16,000!
I can't, it's something which had happened more than twenty years ago, and none of my characters who are here for the moment can know that. Actually, nearly nobody can know that *Looks at the character who keep showing things* Thank, you're not helping right now, do you know it ?

Nearly 15900 for me. My chapter isn't finished, my evening neither.

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #838 on: November 05, 2015, 05:06:16 PM »
I can't, it's something which had happened more than twenty years ago, and none of my characters who are here for the moment can know that. Actually, nearly nobody can know that *Looks at the character who keep showing things* Thank, you're not helping right now, do you know it ?

Nearly 15900 for me. My chapter isn't finished, my evening neither.

Apparently your character really wants you to know that, so write it anyway. Pull him off the scene and have him tell it to one of the people who works behind the scene, maybe the guy who makes sure the light falls correctly onto your other characters. Or maybe have him talk to/argue with the producer, telling her/him how "you have gotten everything wrong. This is how it happened. And why doesn't anyone know anything about this and that? And this thing is really important so why haven't you shown the audience that yet?"

Put it in brackets or whatever these [] are called so you can easily locate and remove it during december. Just get those words! \o/
Haha, I do these kind of things all the times with my texts, I even have a special Author Character named Sofia Magdalena Linnea Willhelmina who jumps into the stories from time to time to yell at my characters because they're not being where they're supposed to be, they're not reading the manuscript fast enough, they are talking about stuff they have no clue about and sometimes she just likes to make the characters believe they're crazy.
I love her, she's awesome xD

And congratulations on 15900 words! *throws confetti*

Mélusine

« Reply #839 on: November 05, 2015, 05:18:43 PM »
It's a reaction to music. They do that sometimes. Showing me moments. Today, showing me moments on something like 25 years, on two generations, here and there... (I may have some statuts like Laufey on who is alive or not and when and how, because otherwise it would be too simple.) *Sighs* And I'm like "Okay, okay, I promise you that if I finish my NaNo early I'll write the beginning of your story too. Can I work now ?" (To be honest, inside, I'm also ":D".)