Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141105 times)

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #750 on: November 01, 2015, 11:58:38 AM »
does anyone know a good writing tool that would save my files online (in case I change devices)? I'm using google drive but it's less than perfect u.u
I don't know of any, but if you find one let me know I've had some massive issues with Drive and long stories.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #751 on: November 01, 2015, 12:04:43 PM »
does anyone know a good writing tool that would save my files online (in case I change devices)? I'm using google drive but it's less than perfect u.u

I'd like to know as well. I'm generally a good-old-fashioned flash drive user (isn't it weird that flash drives are already sort of old-fashioned?), but not having to carry something around and worry about losing it would be great.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #752 on: November 01, 2015, 02:25:39 PM »
http://nanowrimo.org/participants/qaharrison

I'll have you all know I have no idea what I'm doing and also that I'm terrified

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #753 on: November 01, 2015, 02:33:14 PM »
Ana I think I'll do that, it's the easier solution. only problem is that I can't hook up both the drive and a keyboard to my tablet if I ever want to use that... but it's not insurmountable.

DancingRanger i'm sorry to hear that. For me it never had trouble handling stuff, but I just find it a bit dumb
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #754 on: November 01, 2015, 03:11:02 PM »

The first time I did NaNo I mostly wrote on this website: https://yarny.me/

It's nice because you can break your writing up into smaller chunks, it saves automatically but has a way you can revert to previous versions if you accidentally mess up and delete everything. A word of warning though - I got an email from them recently that they were going to be shutting the site down. Then I got another email saying the first email triggered an outflow of support and they were going to partner with another organization to keep it going and "move it to a new home". (I don't know what the issue was...possibly a money thing?) In any case, the second email said we could keep using it as usual and that they'd be sending updates over the next several weeks. So it would probably pay to back your novel up elsewhere just in case, but it is pretty convenient for working on multiple devices.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

P__

« Reply #755 on: November 01, 2015, 03:29:13 PM »
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #756 on: November 01, 2015, 03:31:54 PM »
Haha, NaNoWriMo has begun! And I'm on par for word count today!

By the way, I'll be putting my NaNoWriMo writings up on a blog, mostly so that I can get some feedback and suggestions on what to do next. So if you're curious, check it out here! I do not promise stellar writing (it is NaNoWriMo, after all), but I'd like to think I have some interesting ideas floating around in my head ^-^
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #757 on: November 01, 2015, 03:34:35 PM »

I'll have you all know I have no idea what I'm doing and also that I'm terrified
You start out terrified but then you find out that it is awesome and then you get addicted and then you can never leave!

So congratulations on joining the chaos!

also 2400 words done, cheers! Gonna try to get a few more out, but I can't stay up too late either! I finally managed to get a character that was supposed to have been kidnapped like 7 chapters ago kidnapped, so I'm happy with what I've done today ^^
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 03:59:43 PM by Windfighter »
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #758 on: November 01, 2015, 03:57:25 PM »

All will be all right, Kick :)

also 2400 words done, cheers!
Good job ! :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #759 on: November 01, 2015, 04:00:40 PM »
Yayyy NaNo has begun! My fav thing I wrote today was:

"The boom of each wave seemed to echo through the valley and made you think the mountains were mocking the sea's futile attempts: here we are, aren't you annoyed that you can't do anything about it. And the sea replied with a wink of teal in between the waves: there you are and indeed I'm annoyed but I can do something about it, it only takes time."
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 04:31:35 PM by Laufey »
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #760 on: November 01, 2015, 04:24:20 PM »
I have discovered that I am terrible at writing make out-scenes. How does people even make out? I should know, I did have a boyfriend once and we kinda made out but I only learned that it was really disgusting and horrible and now I have to write about it as if it's something good. Why do I do this to myself? xD *glares towards story*
I'm whining here because no one wants to hang out in the chat with me...

Laufey, that was awesome! I didn't write anything particulary awesome today and even if I did I wouldn't show!
Mostly because I write in Swedish and most of you wouldn't understand it...

No, okay, I lied. This was probably my favorite thing I wrote today:
   Mats studerade kartan en stund till, vek ihop den och såg fundersamt upp mot himlen.
   – Vem var det förresten som utnämnde dig till kartläsare?
   – Det gjorde jag själv, därför att...
   Kouichi tog tillbaka kartan från Mats innan han fortsatte förklaringen.
   – ...du kan inte hålla kartan rätt, Zara har inte tillräckligt med tålamod, Yamato-san har inte lärt sig läsa kartor, och Kouji låtsas att han har tålamod men ligger egentligen på samma nivå som Zara.

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #761 on: November 01, 2015, 04:26:45 PM »
only problem is that I can't hook up both the drive and a keyboard to my tablet if I ever want to use that...
FWIW, there are keyboards with a builtin USB hub. (And separate USB hubs, too, of course.)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Mélusine

« Reply #762 on: November 01, 2015, 04:34:34 PM »
I have discovered that I am terrible at writing make out-scenes. How does people even make out? I should know, I did have a boyfriend once and we kinda made out but I only learned that it was really disgusting and horrible and now I have to write about it as if it's something good. Why do I do this to myself? xD *glares towards story*
I'm whining here because no one wants to hang out in the chat with me...
I'm sorry I can't help you.
Oh, well, I assume we can do it here, it's a NaNo thread... ::)

I have a playlist but realized at midnight that nothing was good for my first chapter, so I ended with this all the day in my hearphones : http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/windNoiseGenerator.php
One page more and I'll change both my chapter and music.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #763 on: November 01, 2015, 04:42:28 PM »
I'll solve it somehow. It'll sound awkward and terrible but that's what December is for, right? ;)

I found a playlist on youtube for my writing, but it only works awesomely for me because I'm writing a digimon fanfic. Although, knowing me I could probably take the least digimony song I knew, put it on repeat the whole day and still be able to write my story. It's nice having some music in the background when I write though. Works much better than having the television on at least xD

Mélusine

« Reply #764 on: November 01, 2015, 04:47:13 PM »
I assume two titles could be "enough" for the novel I'm writing, buuuuuuut... I like the others too, and they're for special moments. The main two could... yeah, nearly be all right for all the time. Mmmh. Interesting...