Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141103 times)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #195 on: November 05, 2014, 02:36:05 PM »
Nuuuu, the NaNo write-in went down! Pity, the prompts were fun - I wrote more today than I have ever written these days, yay me!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #196 on: November 05, 2014, 03:01:13 PM »
Nuuuu, the NaNo write-in went down! Pity, the prompts were fun - I wrote more today than I have ever written these days, yay me!

Yay you! I am halfway through my third chapter. I am seriously amazed I managed to write a multiple chapter story, even though it's not done yet and my chapters are really short.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Nimphy

« Reply #197 on: November 05, 2014, 03:04:35 PM »
Yay you! I am halfway through my third chapter. I am seriously amazed I managed to write a multiple chapter story, even though it's not done yet and my chapters are really short.

I know it's kind of pathetic to be excited for 1300 words, but I'm a slow writer, and I still have an entire hour to do stuff! Go NaNo! I'm kind of high on excitement right now...

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #198 on: November 05, 2014, 03:16:09 PM »
I know it's kind of pathetic to be excited for 1300 words, but I'm a slow writer, and I still have an entire hour to do stuff! Go NaNo! I'm kind of high on excitement right now...

As I'm doubling your age soon, I'm impressed on writers being much younger than me and writing more. So 1300 IS great. If it wasn't for work it would be easier. But I like writing. It really puts my thoughts into the right order.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #199 on: November 05, 2014, 03:27:08 PM »

Hey, it's never pathetic to get exited over improvement. Even if you improve your skills on a level far below what "they" say is the normal level (not that it is, 1300 words in a day is seriously good) the most important thing is getting better. Everyone who's really good now has been on a lower level, and they got where they are through nothing but practice. Write and be proud! Maybe you won't win this year, but what you learn now can let you win next year.
 Mostly quiet.

Nimphy

« Reply #200 on: November 05, 2014, 03:42:19 PM »
As I'm doubling your age soon, I'm impressed on writers being much younger than me and writing more. So 1300 IS great. If it wasn't for work it would be easier. But I like writing. It really puts my thoughts into the right order.

My best writing day ever was one where I totalled 3000 words. Why can't I do that again!
Hehe, I've kinda started writing when I was... 8. Or 9. (Not to say my stories were anything near readable, but I'm so proud of them!) So I tend to forget that I'm still younger than most writers out there and have time to get better at doing this.

Hey, it's never pathetic to get exited over improvement. Even if you improve your skills on a level far below what "they" say is the normal level (not that it is, 1300 words in a day is seriously good) the most important thing is getting better. Everyone who's really good now has been on a lower level, and they got where they are through nothing but practice. Write and be proud! Maybe you won't win this year, but what you learn now can let you win next year.

It's not pathetic to get excited over improvement! Improvement is the only thing about the situation that's not pathetic (it was my word count 'til now - I'm at about half what I should be. I don't really care if I win or not, though)

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #201 on: November 05, 2014, 04:03:50 PM »
My best writing day ever was one where I totalled 3000 words. Why can't I do that again!
Hehe, I've kinda started writing when I was... 8. Or 9. (Not to say my stories were anything near readable, but I'm so proud of them!) So I tend to forget that I'm still younger than most writers out there and have time to get better at doing this.

Hey, I was writing before I could write. Seriously, I have an adorable little notebook somewhere with a bunch of drawings from a 2-3 year old and a nonsensical story my grandpa wrote down for me. It's ridiculous. Once, when I was fourteen or something, I wrote a story in my head while I was outside, and then I went in and wrote a thousand words in a quarter or something. I already had all the words, just needed to write it down. It's just the beginning of a story that will never get finished, but to this day it's still the best quality writing I have ever done.
 Mostly quiet.

Nimphy

« Reply #202 on: November 05, 2014, 04:06:43 PM »
Hey, I was writing before I could write. Seriously, I have an adorable little notebook somewhere with a bunch of drawings from a 2-3 year old and a nonsensical story my grandpa wrote down for me. It's ridiculous. Once, when I was fourteen or something, I wrote a story in my head while I was outside, and then I went in and wrote a thousand words in a quarter or something. I already had all the words, just needed to write it down. It's just the beginning of a story that will never get finished, but to this day it's still the best quality writing I have ever done.

Writing stories in your mind is the most bestest way to do stuff! Bound by no keyboard and speed limitations.

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #203 on: November 05, 2014, 04:09:21 PM »
Writing stories in your mind is the most bestest way to do stuff! Bound by no keyboard and speed limitations.

Yes. All my best scenes are at least halfway written in my mind before I write it down.
 Mostly quiet.

Nimphy

« Reply #204 on: November 05, 2014, 04:29:55 PM »
I can't believe it, I reached today's goal! And who cares about sleep? Sleep is secondary, I can write more! (Yup, I'm definitely high on excitement and milk with honey)

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #205 on: November 05, 2014, 04:51:52 PM »
Your euphoria is kind of infectious. I wanted to shut down my laptop but, well, maybe I'll still write some hundred words, just another scence...  :)
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Nimphy

« Reply #206 on: November 05, 2014, 04:57:17 PM »
Your euphoria is kind of infectious. I wanted to shut down my laptop but, well, maybe I'll still write some hundred words, just another scence...  :)

Hehe, look at me:

This morning - "Come on, already 300 words! Maybe today I can do it, write more!"
This afternoon - "Another 300 words! Just three more of these and I'll be fine for the day."
At 900-something: "Almost 1000"
Every single sentence later: "Another 100!"
After reaching the goal: "I can do better, make that 1700 today!"
Now: "1943? I can reach 2000!"

And my body insists I should sleep, but my body can wait. I think I've found and kidnapped ThisCat's muse.

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #207 on: November 05, 2014, 05:22:35 PM »
Hehe, look at me:

This morning - "Come on, already 300 words! Maybe today I can do it, write more!"
This afternoon - "Another 300 words! Just three more of these and I'll be fine for the day."
At 900-something: "Almost 1000"
Every single sentence later: "Another 100!"
After reaching the goal: "I can do better, make that 1700 today!"
Now: "1943? I can reach 2000!"

And my body insists I should sleep, but my body can wait. I think I've found and kidnapped ThisCat's muse.

Wait... if you have my muse... what is posessing me to sit down and write out all the most bloody, horribly violent scenes of my novel today? Because it's a pretty good muse.
 Mostly quiet.

Nimphy

« Reply #208 on: November 05, 2014, 05:46:01 PM »
Wait... if you have my muse... what is posessing me to sit down and write out all the most bloody, horribly violent scenes of my novel today? Because it's a pretty good muse.

Bloody, horribly violent scenes? That may or may not be my muse. Anyways, I'm giving yours back - I've reacher 5100 total words and 2000 and ALMOST 300 for the day but my body is kinda winning over with its weird sleep thing. Why does it like so much being comatose for eight hours a day?!

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #209 on: November 05, 2014, 05:48:13 PM »
Bloody, horribly violent scenes? That may or may not be my muse. Anyways, I'm giving yours back - I've reacher 5100 total words and 2000 and ALMOST 300 for the day but my body is kinda winning over with its weird sleep thing. Why does it like so much being comatose for eight hours a day?!

We don't know Nimphy, we just don't know.

Also, I'm in trouble. I'm in the perfect place for a scene break, but the scene isn't over yet! I can't have the line "that's when the screaming began" in the middle of a scene!

Edit: oh, wait. Chapter break! :)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 05:57:59 PM by ThisCat »
 Mostly quiet.