Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141106 times)

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #690 on: September 27, 2015, 05:27:50 AM »
Quote from: Vafhudr
Is she the one who wrote those Inkheart books?
Yes, that's her. :)
Jethan, your blog sounds interesting! *starts reading it*
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #691 on: September 27, 2015, 04:23:45 PM »
... *Goes back to curl herself up in a ball in the shadows*

I know, I have too many stories and my imagination is uncontrollable.  *Hands Mélusine a tray of tea and cookies with an ornate lantern to light up the corner in a highly atmospheric way*

Jethan, your blog sounds interesting! *starts reading it*

Thanks, I hope you find it fun!
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #692 on: October 05, 2015, 06:07:11 PM »
Ha ! :D The NaNo website is back again, we can create our novel !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #693 on: October 05, 2015, 06:29:49 PM »
Ha ! :D The NaNo website is back again, we can create our novel !

And best of all... procrastinate on the Reference Desk!

(Small confession: the place has taught me how to amputate a finger, survive if you're lost in a cave, what traveling the Silk Road on foot is like and how to start the end of the world from Norway.)
(Disclaimer: I have nothing against Norway.)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

« Reply #694 on: October 05, 2015, 07:12:26 PM »
(Small confession: the place has taught me how to amputate a finger, survive if you're lost in a cave, what traveling the Silk Road on foot is like and how to start the end of the world from Norway.)
N... no. I won't do that. (Last year I was doing my first NaNo but also working in not very good conditions, stressing for having to move, and had not enough confidence in my english. This year I have a few lines in english too to introduce my novel ::) I hadn't time to procrastinate anything else than packing and having a social life.)
But I'll see a lot of strange facebook status by some friends doing the NaNo and having improbable questions :D
Errr... Reassure me, you don't plan to amputate any finger, isn't it ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #695 on: October 05, 2015, 07:19:03 PM »
Errr... Reassure me, you don't plan to amputate any finger, isn't it ?

Oh... it had to be done, that character would not have survived if I hadn't done that. Sure, I could have not put them in the horrible situation to begin with, but she's one of my favourite characters ever so obviously I was going to put her through really awful things. As authors do.

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #696 on: October 05, 2015, 07:25:12 PM »

Hmmm....maybe I should actually go and peruse the forums...

Mélusine

« Reply #697 on: October 05, 2015, 07:25:40 PM »
Oh... it had to be done, that character would not have survived if I hadn't done that. Sure, I could have not put them in the horrible situation to begin with, but she's one of my favourite characters ever so obviously I was going to put her through really awful things. As authors do.
I'm sure your character loves you too. (You should meet one of my friends. She had done worst than that and would say the same, she "had to do it".)
More important question : will you play with us during this NaNo, Laufey ? :)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #698 on: October 06, 2015, 02:43:43 AM »
I'm sure your character loves you too. (You should meet one of my friends. She had done worst than that and would say the same, she "had to do it".)
More important question : will you play with us during this NaNo, Laufey ? :)

Ooooh I might, I might, sounds fun! I'll go check the site, let's see how many forumites I can find! :D

Mélusine

« Reply #699 on: October 06, 2015, 05:10:27 AM »
Ooooh I might, I might, sounds fun! I'll go check the site, let's see how many forumites I can find! :D
I'm asking because I might think to send a special postcard for the NaNo and might be wondering how many I would need :)
Will you find us ? In a way it's easy.

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #700 on: October 07, 2015, 12:44:58 AM »

Yes!  Join us Laufey!  My username is the same there as here.

I'm excited because I finally have a novel idea, so I'm going to work on that.  I might post the heroine in the OC Showcase soon, too.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

kirvel

« Reply #701 on: October 10, 2015, 07:50:25 AM »
Do it! You'll love it. I did it back in 2010, when I was still underage, and I really liked it (even though my novel sucked.)
I have ZERO writing buddies on the website xD so add me if you'd like! I'm Caireberg on the site.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 07:51:57 AM by kirvel »

A. P. Barratt

• Super-Newbie
  • SSSS reader since I think about 2014.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/they/them
« Reply #702 on: October 13, 2015, 06:06:53 AM »
My first novel, Hudud and Escape, was written during NaNoWriMo.  My Second, Jihad and Unheard, was started during one NaNoWriMo, supplemented throughout the following year and completed in the following NaNoWriMo.  I have the write the concluding part of the trilogy now and plan to make a proper start on it this November.  If I don't, I'll never hear the end of it from my readers, kind of left it on a cliffhanger.   Whoops.
I've been reading SSSS since I think about 2014, it actually inspired me to get into creating comics myself but I've only just started publishing one of my own properly online at https://ragtime.scot

A. P. Barratt

• Super-Newbie
  • SSSS reader since I think about 2014.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/they/them
« Reply #703 on: October 13, 2015, 06:09:13 AM »
My NaNoWriMo page if people want to add me as a "writing buddy".  Will add back, seeing other writers suffering along side me works as motivation :) http://nanowrimo.org/participants/apbarratt/
I've been reading SSSS since I think about 2014, it actually inspired me to get into creating comics myself but I've only just started publishing one of my own properly online at https://ragtime.scot

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #704 on: October 13, 2015, 08:52:15 PM »
So whose ready for the writing frenzy? I know I'm kinda ready.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: