Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141104 times)

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2014, 07:57:11 PM »
*Waves hand in a jedi-like fashion* You're iiiiiiinn!!

No seriously, though. You could try, not like you lose anything!

On other news, I've unfortunately started my first NaNo at 00:01, grrr. Well, doesn't matter. Apparently I can produce more or less 14 words in a minute - that means I could just write two hours every day and win NaNo in a month. I'm feeling really positive right now  ;D

Yes! Iiiiiinnnn! I have so much homework but I'm going for it!

I'm not going to stay up till midnight... I need to catch up on my sleep, so I'm - hopefully unless homework conspires against me - going to bed early. I'm a morning person anyway, so I'll probably set my alarm for four.

Seven hours!

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2014, 08:38:43 PM »

just five hours left for me and i still can't decide whether i'm in or out!
Join!

You write faster than me apparently. By just a little.

AAH you guys have word counts now

I'm being way too excited over all of this.

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2014, 09:41:30 PM »
If you could give us feedback on how you like Scrivener, that would be nice - I haven't yet got the advantages of it.

Okay, I'll be sure to, maybe in a few days once I've been using it for a while. :)

I'm being way too excited over all of this.
No, you are not too excited. I figure that's not possible. XD

2 hours, 19 minutes left!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 09:44:22 PM by Sparky Dragon »

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2014, 09:44:14 PM »
Does anyone have any idea why my excerpt is currently an insane amount of gibberish?
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2014, 10:31:27 PM »
Does anyone have any idea why my excerpt is currently an insane amount of gibberish?

I have no clue, but that is truly impressive gibberish.

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2014, 10:36:08 PM »
It really is. I wonder how many words that is...
 Mostly quiet.

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2014, 10:46:32 PM »

Well, I had a peek, and I noticed that one thing repeated a bunch was "LSD Exception"...Was the website high or something?

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2014, 10:47:24 PM »

Uh...it looks like a style sheet of some sort, plus some random elements? From Word? I have no idea.

2 hours, 19 minutes left!

(assuming you go by Forum Time)

1 hour, 13 minutes to go!

One on hand, it's only one hour. One the other hand, I'm really really tired.  :'( I guess I'll start bright and early tomorrow.

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2014, 10:49:46 PM »
Uh...it looks like a style sheet of some sort, plus some random elements? From Word? I have no idea.

I... tried copy pasting in a paragraph from word. I guess that's where it comes from? I didn't know this would happen I swear!
 Mostly quiet.

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2014, 10:50:06 PM »
It really is. I wonder how many words that is...

2,763 according to word... That's nearly twice as many words as you actually wrote!

Four hours, ten minutes till midnight! (I'm not going to stay up that long, it's just fun to do a count-down.)

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2014, 11:05:54 PM »
I am going to stay up...I am going to stay up...Thank goodness it's only 56 minutes 'til midnight. :P I swear, it's like my story has been bouncing around my head for the last week. It's starting to get annoying, so I must let it out as soon as possible. Ooh, only 55 minutes now.

UPDATE: Twoooo minuteeessss!!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 11:59:01 PM by Sparky Dragon »

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2014, 12:07:26 PM »
How's everyone's NaNo going? Me, I've already got sort of a plot. Yahoo, yay me! That said, I still have about 1000 words to write if I want to reach the daily goal...
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2014, 12:20:42 PM »
How's everyone's NaNo going? Me, I've already got sort of a plot. Yahoo, yay me! That said, I still have about 1000 words to write if I want to reach the daily goal...

I also have a sorta-plot. I have reached my goal for today (though I have no intention of stopping now) and have kinda introduced both my main characters. One of them has no name and is in jail, but they're both there. I'm also trying to piece together a more proper plot, but I think I'll end up just winging it.
 Mostly quiet.

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2014, 12:47:03 PM »
I also have a sorta-plot. I have reached my goal for today (though I have no intention of stopping now) and have kinda introduced both my main characters. One of them has no name and is in jail, but they're both there. I'm also trying to piece together a more proper plot, but I think I'll end up just winging it.

"No name and is in jail" Reminds me of Elder Scrolls! At least Oblivion and Skyrim, since they'r the only ones I've played, but I'm getting interested ;) (Psst, your novel excerpt is a big chunk of code, fyi, or at least that's what I see)
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2014, 12:51:59 PM »
"No name and is in jail" Reminds me of Elder Scrolls! At least Oblivion and Skyrim, since they'r the only ones I've played, but I'm getting interested ;) (Psst, your novel excerpt is a big chunk of code, fyi, or at least that's what I see)

Yep, don't know how it got there or how to remove it. I think copy pasting from word is a bad idea, just so you know.
 Mostly quiet.