Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141077 times)

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #630 on: March 12, 2015, 09:42:38 AM »
I was considering a private cabin, but I'd also love to get to meet other writers, so I think I'll choose the random cabin option. I get to talk to you guys on this thread, anyways, so meeting other writers would be a nice change.

Part of me thinks that would be nice, and the other part of me is completely terrified of virtually rooming with internet strangers and ending up just forever lurking away from the message board. :\

(she says, while posting on a publicly visible fan-forum)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 10:09:32 AM by mithrysc »

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #631 on: March 12, 2015, 09:49:42 AM »
To be honest, I haven't really understood how the cabins work.  :-[
But I'd like to share with people who I know at least a bit... so, mith, do you still have my NaNo name?
I'm aiming for ~500 words on my new writing project and at least half an hour of revision on my NaNo novel each day - we'll see if that's a concept that works for me.
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #632 on: March 12, 2015, 01:11:07 PM »
To be honest, I haven't really understood how the cabins work.  :-[
But I'd like to share with people who I know at least a bit... so, mith, do you still have my NaNo name?
I'm aiming for ~500 words on my new writing project and at least half an hour of revision on my NaNo novel each day - we'll see if that's a concept that works for me.

Yep. Did you log into your account from the Camp NaNo website, though (*has no idea if this will actually help*)? I can't seem to find you.

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #633 on: March 12, 2015, 02:44:34 PM »
Part of me thinks that would be nice, and the other part of me is completely terrified of virtually rooming with internet strangers and ending up just forever lurking away from the message board. :\

(she says, while posting on a publicly visible fan-forum)

In the cabin I was in last year no one really wrote anything, we all just worked on our projects on our own and ignored each other. Was kinda nice in a way :P
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Blackjazz

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • ~Je suis Le Chapeau~
« Reply #634 on: March 12, 2015, 06:04:41 PM »
I don't really get the whole cabin thing either. I never know how to talk to the others or even if I'm supposed to, and then I spend way too much time just thinking about that. *sigh...* I'm not very good around new people.

But anyway, I think I'll aim for 30k, since that's just a little farther than I got in November.
Native: :usa:.
Lots :france:  :mexico:  Little :italy: Learning :southkorea:
On the list: everything
:chap6: :chap7:
Enjoy yourself; it is later than you think.

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #635 on: March 12, 2015, 08:14:55 PM »
I got the 50k in November, but I'm thinking I should aim for 30 or even 25-20k this time because school is way busier this time of year.

Add me to the list of people who don't understand cabins.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #636 on: March 12, 2015, 09:36:20 PM »
I got the 50k in November, but I'm thinking I should aim for 30 or even 25-20k this time because school is way busier this time of year.

Add me to the list of people who don't understand cabins.

I think cabins are basically supposed to be mini-writing groups to provide encouragement/ competition. So what we have here, but on that site. I think.

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #637 on: March 14, 2015, 04:39:50 PM »
I think cabins are basically supposed to be mini-writing groups to provide encouragement/ competition. So what we have here, but on that site. I think.
You're very much correct. My group failed miserable about both things last year, but I pulled through anyway! I can't decide if I want a more active group though, this community will probably be great at making me procrastinate as it is xD
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Fen Shen

• Ranger
« Reply #638 on: March 24, 2015, 04:22:19 AM »
Mith, I think you should be able to find me now (as Nalanna again) - I needed to update my profile first, it seems.
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:

Robert

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #639 on: March 29, 2015, 05:48:12 AM »
I didn't realize they had an April event.  Now that I know I've signed up... we'll see if I can keep focused until the story is finished.  I just went with a random cabin.

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #640 on: April 03, 2015, 03:13:29 PM »
Okaaay, so how is NaNo going for y'all? I know I'm having fun and fangirling about my own characters. Something may be wrong with me, but I don't care as long as it keeps me writing. Plus, I get to make my characters do the things that I fangirl about. Write what you'd like to read, right?

Also, having too much time and wanting to ignore my 800 words that I ought to write (bah, being on the line is booooring), I went on and made up a game where a person gives one line, which has to be the first line of the next paragraph for whoever else plays. Yeah, if anyone wants to try, the line is "I can fix it", feel free to also suggest new ones. *Disappears in a puff of letters*
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Fen Shen

• Ranger
« Reply #641 on: April 03, 2015, 04:00:44 PM »
For me, the first day was good - my daily goal is 667 words, and I wrote 665. Yesterday I didn't find time at all (thanks to stupid bureaucracy and nice friends) and today I'm zero motivated. Not a good start, especially since the next days will be crammed with family meetings and the like.  :-\

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #642 on: April 03, 2015, 04:10:04 PM »
For me, the first day was good - my daily goal is 667 words, and I wrote 665. Yesterday I didn't find time at all (thanks to stupid bureaucracy and nice friends) and today I'm zero motivated. Not a good start, especially since the next days will be crammed with family meetings and the like.  :-\

I'm aiming at 50k again. So the goal for me is still 1667. And I will make it.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #643 on: April 09, 2015, 12:16:41 PM »
I have made the NaNo for he first time in november and will do it again this year :)
*Wasn't ready for april*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #644 on: April 24, 2015, 04:13:35 PM »
Just wondering, for you who are doing the CampNaNo in april : is everything all right for you and your stories ? :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2: