Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141122 times)

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #1065 on: November 09, 2016, 04:10:01 PM »
I'm doing better than expected word-wise, but I'm getting through the story rather slowly. All the chapters are ending up rather long, so things haven't quite..."exploded" I guess? as far as the conflict goes. I guess I'm trying to  make it so a bunch of little things add up to a sudden big thing. But I want to stay a few days ahead because I've got at least 3 assignments due right at the end of the month, and I'll need some low-wordcount days in reserve.
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1066 on: November 09, 2016, 04:43:47 PM »
Not too bad... I hope so...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #1067 on: November 09, 2016, 07:18:24 PM »
Windy: I hope your wrist heals soon!

As for me, I'm doing well in my word count, I managed to get to 20k words yesterday (still need to write for today), but my story is basically me standing around with my characters and asking them what happens in their story.  It's helpful, sometimes it's funny, but I really wish I could get into writing a whole novel.  I have an idea for one now, but I suspect I like bouncing around ideas behind the scenes too much to stick with it.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1068 on: November 10, 2016, 03:01:30 AM »
thanks for the well-wishes <3

I'm happy to hear you're all moving forward! And yuu, you should totally feel proud! <3

also wow, 20k?! That's so awesome! Personally I'm 5k behind, but I've sworn to catch up! I just need to find a way to focus that works for me this year xD
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #1069 on: November 10, 2016, 03:23:21 AM »
Aiming for a higher goal than 50k has really helped me stay on top of word count.
Also, not caring if it's mostly shameless wordpadding and rambles. xD

However, I started figuring out more backstory stuff, and it gave me a pretty good cry. Spoiler: a heroic king died.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1070 on: November 10, 2016, 03:57:00 AM »
I'm currently working my way through one of the threads in the NaNo-forum, which actually helps a little. Also having Tanked on the TV helps because it's not too distracting, but finding a TV-program with the right balance of interesting and non-distracting is hard xD

wordpadding and rambles are very helpful for adding words and I'm really good at rambling so maybe I should try that some more!

Also oh no, why does the heroic always die? D: But yay for backstory stuff, that is always fun!

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #1071 on: November 10, 2016, 04:11:42 AM »
I have other heroes who live, but this king was centuries in the backstory, the heroine ends up finding his long lost magic sword.

Mélusine

« Reply #1072 on: November 10, 2016, 06:51:29 AM »
Today wasn't a good day to write, but I still have more than one day in advance, so I'm not worried. Writing a quiet NaNo is pleasant :) Completely an other experience, considering my previous ones. I appreciate it.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1073 on: November 10, 2016, 08:02:21 AM »
Today wasn't a good day to write, but I still have more than one day in advance, so I'm not worried. Writing a quiet NaNo is pleasant :) Completely an other experience, considering my previous ones. I appreciate it.

Hooray for being ahead. : D I think I can understand that it might be nice to take your time....
I managed to only do 107 words yesterday, but that's 107 more than 0. ;p
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

« Reply #1074 on: November 10, 2016, 08:37:24 AM »
Apart a friend at 45000 and an other one counting her revision and not writing a new novel, Jethan is the one who has the more words written from my NaNo friend's page ;) Congratulations !

And you're right Yuu, 107 words is always better than nothing. Continue, and good luck !

Mélusine

« Reply #1075 on: November 16, 2016, 10:57:26 AM »
This interesting moment when you're at the middle of the month but still not sure if you're or not at the middle of your novel...

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #1076 on: November 16, 2016, 12:21:34 PM »
This interesting moment when you're at the middle of the month but still not sure if you're or not at the middle of your novel...

Indeed. I'm keeping up with about a chapter a day, but with more than thirty chapters, and almost guaranteed to slow down soon...
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #1077 on: November 18, 2016, 05:10:35 PM »
MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
I am making notes for my dystopian story and it's coming together with a horrible societal system that actually has very sensible reasons behind it!  Feel your DOOM, my characters! *Cackles maniacally*

Also I'm nearly to 33k!  ^-^

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1078 on: November 20, 2016, 02:19:50 PM »
Don't worry Mel, you can continue after NaNo is over!

I've almost caught up now, I actually didn't think I'd be able to! \o/

Mélusine

« Reply #1079 on: November 20, 2016, 06:15:00 PM »
Congratulations Windy !

Oh, I won't complain. I won the NaNo today. I just would like to finish the story this month :) If I can, it's nice, if I can't, well, it will be for December.