Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141103 times)

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #1050 on: November 02, 2016, 10:48:52 AM »
You're only competing against yourself and usually on the second day I have at least like 5000 words so it feels weird :P
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #1051 on: November 02, 2016, 04:29:25 PM »
I managed to get 2260 words done last night, problem is I'm winging my story now and I'm not sure what's next.  Will there even be a plot?!  Good luck, everybody!
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1052 on: November 02, 2016, 04:54:13 PM »
I'm at 250, so at least you're beating me? ; )
You're not the last one among my NaNo friends ;)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1053 on: November 02, 2016, 05:03:22 PM »
I managed to get 2260 words done last night, problem is I'm winging my story now and I'm not sure what's next.  Will there even be a plot?!  Good luck, everybody!

pff, what is this plot you're talking about? I'm always winging my stories and they never get a plot but they're awesome anyway!

I've reached 2000 words for my NaNo and Emil is currently both dead and alive!

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1054 on: November 02, 2016, 05:07:03 PM »
I've reached 2000 words for my NaNo and Emil is currently both dead and alive!

...So, is he undead, or are you working on more than one story? : D
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1055 on: November 02, 2016, 05:08:32 PM »
...So, is he undead, or are you working on more than one story? : D

Neither! He stopped breathing and is currently being kept alive by a couple of weird machines I have no clue what they're actually doing :D

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #1056 on: November 04, 2016, 03:24:30 PM »
Well, now one of my characters wants to start a new adventure.  I'm a little unsure about it, but what else am I going to write about?

Poor Emil.  He always gets picked on doesn't he?
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Mélusine

« Reply #1057 on: November 04, 2016, 06:17:32 PM »
Well, now one of my characters wants to start a new adventure.  I'm a little unsure about it, but what else am I going to write about?
Fb reminded me that two years ago, during my first NaNo, I posted something the day when one of my character had decided, with a very cold tone, to say "End of the class." and it was like being behind her shoulder and trying to catch her attention, thinking "What ? But... ? Hey, what are you doing, it's not even your class !" Ha, characters deciding something unexpected... ::)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1058 on: November 04, 2016, 06:52:42 PM »
Poor Emil.  He always gets picked on doesn't he?

not always, just a lot of the time!

And I'm done with one of the stories! I need some help with the icelandic and danish dialogue-parts but outside of that it's ready to be thrown into the depths of the interwebs! Now I just need to decide what story to work on tomorrow!

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #1059 on: November 05, 2016, 03:36:33 AM »
Fb reminded me that two years ago, during my first NaNo, I posted something the day when one of my character had decided, with a very cold tone, to say "End of the class." and it was like being behind her shoulder and trying to catch her attention, thinking "What ? But... ? Hey, what are you doing, it's not even your class !" Ha, characters deciding something unexpected... ::)

I think the adventure may end up separate from NaNo, but it will also help me figure out the real story I'm working on now.  (Yay! Plot!)  I think I need to give my characters some space to tell me what action they want to take right now, rather than me writing out the details of the world and try to derive a course of action from that.  Nope, the characters will know the real deal!  Just need to quiet down and listen...

Looks like we're all doing pretty well, yay!  ;D

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1060 on: November 05, 2016, 06:48:09 PM »
I managed to put the last touched to two stories today, I say that's a pretty good day! \o/

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #1061 on: November 05, 2016, 07:16:48 PM »
Urghhhh I'm off to such a slow start. Hardly written anything.

I have a bunch of in-progress fragments from earlier months... maybe I should just focus on finishing those? orz

Mélusine

« Reply #1062 on: November 05, 2016, 07:26:58 PM »
Urghhhh I'm off to such a slow start. Hardly written anything.

I have a bunch of in-progress fragments from earlier months... maybe I should just focus on finishing those? orz
*Pats pats Yuuago* All will be fine :) And it's the weekend, maybe you'll be a little more productive ?

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1063 on: November 09, 2016, 02:15:06 PM »
HOW ARE YOU DOING?

I've gotten a few stories done, but overall everything is moving way too slow and I feel utterly uninspired this year for some reason, but I'll be trying to catch up! I assume part of the uninspiredness comes from the slow writing speed which is a result of me currently only being able to use one hand to type.
(Pro tip: Don't break your wrist just as NaNo has started)

I hope you people are doing good, or at least moving forward! <3

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #1064 on: November 09, 2016, 02:16:36 PM »
I'm not doing so great, because I kind of overdid myself in October with the writing. :'D But I worked on something last night that I haven't touched in months, and I've also managed to get some original poetry done, so I'm feeling kind of proud of myself anyway.

Good luck with everything, Windy. Hope your wrist will heal quickly. < 3