Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141068 times)

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #1005 on: June 27, 2016, 03:00:07 PM »
I'm planning on doing Camp NaNo again, although I'm still figuring out my goal. :) Would anyone like to be part of a private cabin? I have one set up, and I can invite up to ten people. Just let me know. <3

You know what...sure, why not? I wasn't really planning to do Camp NaNo, but it might help me actually finish some of the fics I've been starting and not finishing. My username over there is paintedmango (and boy, do I wish it was possible to change usernames without making a whole new account...*sigh*)
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Dverghamrar

• Tumblr
  • Disciple of Katla
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1006 on: June 27, 2016, 03:18:16 PM »
You know what...sure, why not? I wasn't really planning to do Camp NaNo, but it might help me actually finish some of the fics I've been starting and not finishing. My username over there is paintedmango (and boy, do I wish it was possible to change usernames without making a whole new account...*sigh*)
You've been invited! :D

Also, just a heads up because I almost forgot from last time's Camp NaNo: you need to make a new project before you can join a cabin. :)
♫ ♪ Sharing secrets with another world
Rubbing shoulders with some unknown lovers
♪ ♫
:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
AO3 (Mageverse) | Twitter | Tumblr
Fluent: :usa:
Various degrees of fluency: :arableague: :mexico: :japan: :italy:
Now acquiring: :germany:
Wishlist: :iceland::finland:
O

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1007 on: June 27, 2016, 07:46:20 PM »
I'm planning on doing Camp NaNo again, although I'm still figuring out my goal. :) Would anyone like to be part of a private cabin? I have one set up, and I can invite up to ten people. Just let me know. <3
I am LooNEY DAC there, if you'll have me.

Dverghamrar

• Tumblr
  • Disciple of Katla
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1008 on: June 27, 2016, 07:57:58 PM »
I am LooNEY DAC there, if you'll have me.
We'll have you! :D And invite sent!
♫ ♪ Sharing secrets with another world
Rubbing shoulders with some unknown lovers
♪ ♫
:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
AO3 (Mageverse) | Twitter | Tumblr
Fluent: :usa:
Various degrees of fluency: :arableague: :mexico: :japan: :italy:
Now acquiring: :germany:
Wishlist: :iceland::finland:
O

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #1009 on: July 24, 2016, 09:14:31 AM »
Although I'm late, if you still have free places, I'd like to be included in the next round  :)
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1010 on: July 31, 2016, 01:52:31 PM »
So, I made it. How did everyone else do?

Oh, and I'm going to try to keep going on the next story, which I already (=years ago) wrote several chunks of.

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1011 on: July 31, 2016, 05:03:05 PM »
I made it in terms of wordcount, but I haven't really finished any of the things I intended to finish, ahhhhhghhhh.

At least I wasn't completely unproductive? orz
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1012 on: July 31, 2016, 05:04:57 PM »
I made it in terms of wordcount, but I haven't really finished any of the things I intended to finish, ahhhhhghhhh.

At least I wasn't completely unproductive? orz
You cannot finish if you don't write at all. /fortunecookie

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1013 on: October 02, 2016, 05:10:10 PM »
I had completely forgotten that it was possible to announce your novel so early in October O _ o (I'm not reaaaaaaady!)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1014 on: October 04, 2016, 07:22:30 AM »
I had completely forgotten that it was possible to announce your novel so early in October O _ o (I'm not reaaaaaaady!)

o_o That is early. I don't expect many people would be ready for that. xD (Then again... maybe?)
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #1015 on: October 04, 2016, 06:17:01 PM »
I'm considering doing NaNo this year (if college work will leave me enough time), but can someone answer a few newbie questions for me?

-How do the word count goals work? Is there a general goal or can I set one for myself?
-What does it mean to announce your novel?
-Does editing/rewriting what I've previously written count?
-Can I work on multiple stories at once?

And I guess if there's anything else I really need to know to take part. Thanks!  :)
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1016 on: October 04, 2016, 07:38:50 PM »
I'm considering doing NaNo this year (if college work will leave me enough time), but can someone answer a few newbie questions for me?
I'll do my best.
-How do the word count goals work? Is there a general goal or can I set one for myself?
For NaNo proper, your goal must be no less than 50,000 words, but there is no upper limit that I know of.
It means you post your novel's title and a rough synopsis of what it's about.
For NaNo proper, no, though the internet police won't break your door in if you do.
Your "novel" can be a collection of short stories or novellas.
And I guess if there's anything else I really need to know to take part. Thanks!  :)
Just sign up on the NoNo website and you'll find all the answers you need there.

Good writing!

Mélusine

« Reply #1017 on: October 10, 2016, 05:09:50 AM »

If you have more questions Keeper or want to speak about that, don't hesitate :) And if you do it, we can add each other : it's always helping to see that people are writing and making progresses too !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #1018 on: October 10, 2016, 01:28:04 PM »
If you have more questions Keeper or want to speak about that, don't hesitate :) And if you do it, we can add each other : it's always helping to see that people are writing and making progresses too !

Aw, thank you Melu! I just announce my novel and I feel so official. Also a bit nervous because I've never written anything that approached 50,000 words, but I'm gonna try!

Spoiler: show
(If you'd like to add me on the NaNo site I'm MKeeper101 ;))
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Mélusine

« Reply #1019 on: October 10, 2016, 01:59:27 PM »
Aw, thank you Melu! I just announce my novel and I feel so official. Also a bit nervous because I've never written anything that approached 50,000 words, but I'm gonna try!

(If you'd like to add me on the NaNo site I'm MKeeper101 ;))
You'll do your best and it's the most important thing for the NaNo ! :D
For an unknown reason the website don't find you (yet ?) but you can add me if you want, I'm Mélusine Gwenhwyfar :)

Hmmm, I still have to write my synopsis... (Haaaaaaa ! *Not ready*)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 02:12:28 PM by Mélusine »