Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141105 times)

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #990 on: April 26, 2016, 05:48:19 PM »
How is it going for everyone? Still struggling to reach the target? Already reached the goal? Completely given up on the goal? Maybe you're even aiming to double your goal!

I've managed to reach 44k, my goal was 25k, so I'm very satisfied with this camp. And with a few days left to go I miiiiight even be able to reach 50k!

Well, I didn't have a wordcount goal, but I have stuck to the goal that I did set, which was one prompt a day, for the whole list. Also hit the 25% mark last night, woot!
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #991 on: April 27, 2016, 06:31:34 AM »
Well, I didn't have a wordcount goal, but I have stuck to the goal that I did set, which was one prompt a day, for the whole list. Also hit the 25% mark last night, woot!

I don't have a word-count, mainly because I think they're kind of constricting? I'm just eager to see how much I can get done. I'd like to be turning out about one or two prompts a day

Lazy I've noticed you and I are often posting the same number of prompts, or just one below or above the other. Uncanny, isn't it? As of writing this we're both at 25
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #992 on: April 27, 2016, 08:19:01 AM »
I don't have a word-count, mainly because I think they're kind of constricting? I'm just eager to see how much I can get done. I'd like to be turning out about one or two prompts a day

Lazy I've noticed you and I are often posting the same number of prompts, or just one below or above the other. Uncanny, isn't it? As of writing this we're both at 25

Well, I've committed myself to a certain pace. So guess that depends on whether you've set a similar goal.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

OwlsG0

« Reply #993 on: April 27, 2016, 04:22:42 PM »
Well, I've committed myself to a certain pace. So guess that depends on whether you've set a similar goal.

I guess so? I think we also started around the same time.
I saw the future.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #994 on: April 28, 2016, 06:20:59 PM »
I'm supposed to beta/proof-read a friend. Instead of that, I'm writing all that I know about characters for a possible-project-for-the-next-NaNo. I'm weak é_è And why do I always have someone who can treat in a way or an other in my stories ? O_o (Okay, I don't have a lot of stories, but that's something coming back.) Do you have a kind of recurrent characters too ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

OwlsG0

« Reply #995 on: April 28, 2016, 10:17:30 PM »
I'm supposed to beta/proof-read a friend. Instead of that, I'm writing all that I know about characters for a possible-project-for-the-next-NaNo. I'm weak é_è And why do I always have someone who can treat in a way or an other in my stories ? O_o (Okay, I don't have a lot of stories, but that's something coming back.) Do you have a kind of recurrent characters too ?

Sure do! In fact, when I want to write a new story usually I don't invent characters for it. I have this big main piece I'm working on, so I just take some supporting characters from that story and plop them in whatever has struck my fancy. It's a good way to get to know your supporting cast.
I saw the future.

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #996 on: May 02, 2016, 05:18:17 PM »

I don't think it would have been possible for me to do one prompt a day, especially not since one of the prompts ended up at 16k words for me! That would have been too much for one day xD

But yay on keeping to your goals!
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #997 on: June 27, 2016, 11:57:28 AM »
So, Camp NaNo is closing in already, and caught me by surprise when I remembered it a couple days ago. Anyone else going to participate? Since I didn't finish the challenge with last camp my plan is to continue this month, but I decided to only have 10k words as goal so there is time over for me to discover Skåne :P

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #998 on: June 27, 2016, 12:04:19 PM »
So, Camp NaNo is closing in already, and caught me by surprise when I remembered it a couple days ago. Anyone else going to participate? Since I didn't finish the challenge with last camp my plan is to continue this month, but I decided to only have 10k words as goal so there is time over for me to discover Skåne :P

I definitely plan to do it as well, because like you, I didn't finish the challenge last time. (And I have a lot of fic due dates coming up).
Hmmm, I don't know what my goal will be. Maybe I'll just start low and see how that goes for a while.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #999 on: June 27, 2016, 12:06:05 PM »
Hmmm. I'm not ready.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Dverghamrar

• Tumblr
  • Disciple of Katla
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1000 on: June 27, 2016, 12:34:31 PM »
I'm planning on doing Camp NaNo again, although I'm still figuring out my goal. :) Would anyone like to be part of a private cabin? I have one set up, and I can invite up to ten people. Just let me know. <3
♫ ♪ Sharing secrets with another world
Rubbing shoulders with some unknown lovers
♪ ♫
:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
AO3 (Mageverse) | Twitter | Tumblr
Fluent: :usa:
Various degrees of fluency: :arableague: :mexico: :japan: :italy:
Now acquiring: :germany:
Wishlist: :iceland::finland:
O

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1001 on: June 27, 2016, 12:35:26 PM »
I'm planning on doing Camp NaNo again, although I'm still figuring out my goal. :) Would anyone like to be part of a private cabin? I have one set up, and I can invite up to ten people. Just let me know. <3

/chinhands
You know I would be totally up for that again, of course. < 3
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Dverghamrar

• Tumblr
  • Disciple of Katla
« Reply #1002 on: June 27, 2016, 12:39:00 PM »
/chinhands
You know I would be totally up for that again, of course. < 3
Hee! :D You are invited!

And anyone who is interested you can reply with your NaNo username either here or PM me. :)
♪ ♫
O

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1003 on: June 27, 2016, 12:44:53 PM »
Yesss, I want to join the private cabin! My username is (weirdly enough) "Windfighter"!
(Haha, I'm very easy to locate on most places, I'm almost always Windfighter unless that username is already taken and then I'm like "sure, I'll just add 88 to that since that was my birthyear" xD)

Dverghamrar

• Tumblr
  • Disciple of Katla
« Reply #1004 on: June 27, 2016, 12:51:09 PM »
Yesss, I want to join the private cabin! My username is (weirdly enough) "Windfighter"!
(Haha, I'm very easy to locate on most places, I'm almost always Windfighter unless that username is already taken and then I'm like "sure, I'll just add 88 to that since that was my birthyear" xD)
Hee hee! I have added you! Be on the lookout for the email! :)

I'm the opposite. I've fallen into a strange habit where none of my online handles ever are the same. I don't know why I did that. XD
♪ ♫
O