Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141067 times)

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #975 on: April 05, 2016, 04:52:10 PM »
Question for those posting their challenge fics on Ao3: I was thinking about creating a Collection on Ao3 that people can add their 100-prompt fics to. Would this be useful/would people use it?

A few advantages:
-It would keep all of the stories that people to add to it under a particular index, so that people can browse through things written specifically for this challenge, and find them easily
-Authors can add/remove works to the collection at will
-Collections always have a Rules page. The challenge guidelines and prompt table could be posted there for easy reference, and so that readers and writers who don't go on the forum would be able to take a look at it and see how to do the challenge themselves. (I've received a few questions about this. "What is this challenge I've been seeing everywhere...")

Yes, I would certainly post to that.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #976 on: April 05, 2016, 04:58:03 PM »
I've... finished two. But I have stuff for some exchanges that I need to work on, so. I'll take my time with this. ;p

Have you posted them anywhere yet?

Question for those posting their challenge fics on Ao3: I was thinking about creating a Collection on Ao3 that people can add their 100-prompt fics to. Would this be useful/would people use it?

A few advantages:
-It would keep all of the stories that people to add to it under a particular index, so that people can browse through things written specifically for this challenge, and find them easily
-Authors can add/remove works to the collection at will
-Collections always have a Rules page. The challenge guidelines and prompt table could be posted there for easy reference, and so that readers and writers who don't go on the forum would be able to take a look at it and see how to do the challenge themselves. (I've received a few questions about this. "What is this challenge I've been seeing everywhere...")

That is a good plan! =)
[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.
[22:31] <@amity> And the word is, they're all out of bubblegum.

Survived:
:chap5::chap6::chap7: :chap20:
:chap8::chap9::chap10:
:chap11::chap12::chap13:
:chap14::chap15::chap16:
:chap17::chap18::chap19:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #977 on: April 05, 2016, 05:01:16 PM »
Okay, in that case, when I get home from work, I'll look into putting the collection together. /o/

Have you posted them anywhere yet?

Just to my personal archive. I'm going to wait until I have more finished before I do any Ao3 crossposting.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

TicTac

• I am a happy little TicTac
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #978 on: April 05, 2016, 07:32:59 PM »
ELEVEN?!
Blarg, I'm only done with eight! I better step up my game and stop procrastinating!
(Also good work everyone, from what I've seen a lot of you are working hard!)

as for relating to the prompts... hrm... *looks away and whistles innocently*

Don't worry, some of mine only barely relate to the prompt (eg, I just slip the name of the prompt in somewhere. That relates, right? :P)

Mine are also pretty short, some a bit less than 1000 words. But hey, what can you do.
Fluent: :australia:
Know a few phrases: :china:
Know random words: :germany: :spain: (thanks Dora)
Want to learn, eventually: :finland:
Survived :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #979 on: April 05, 2016, 10:21:45 PM »
Okay, here is the collection:
http://archiveofourown.org/collections/ssss_artd_100

I've copied the rules and the prompt table there. That way everyone will have one easy place to find it.

I find that when adding a new work to a collection, the easiest way to do it is to go to the collection page and click "post to collection" (top right hand corner). It will auto-fill the collection field for you.

If you're adding an already-posted work to the collection, here's how to do it:
-Go to the edit page for your fic.
-Scroll down to "post to collections/challenges". It's below the field for the author notes.
-Start typing in ssss_artd_100. It should give an option to select the collection. Select it.
-Scroll to the bottom and save as normal.

This was created as a sub-collection - basically what that means is, if we decide to make other SSSS/aRTD challenges, I will easily be able to create a new collection for those, and they will all be linked through one parent collection.

Please let me know if anything needs to be added or changed.

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #980 on: April 06, 2016, 02:42:02 AM »
Awesome! I've added my fic so it won't be so sad and empty-looking.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #981 on: April 06, 2016, 07:40:20 AM »
Awesome! I've added my fic so it won't be so sad and empty-looking.

Hooray! /o/ Thank you for going first. ;p

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #982 on: April 06, 2016, 07:55:18 AM »
Okay, here is the collection:
http://archiveofourown.org/collections/ssss_artd_100

I've copied the rules and the prompt table there. That way everyone will have one easy place to find it.

I find that when adding a new work to a collection, the easiest way to do it is to go to the collection page and click "post to collection" (top right hand corner). It will auto-fill the collection field for you.

If you're adding an already-posted work to the collection, here's how to do it:
-Go to the edit page for your fic.
-Scroll down to "post to collections/challenges". It's below the field for the author notes.
-Start typing in ssss_artd_100. It should give an option to select the collection. Select it.
-Scroll to the bottom and save as normal.

This was created as a sub-collection - basically what that means is, if we decide to make other SSSS/aRTD challenges, I will easily be able to create a new collection for those, and they will all be linked through one parent collection.

Please let me know if anything needs to be added or changed.

Done!
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #983 on: April 06, 2016, 08:05:16 AM »
Posted mine too. There are now a grand total of three people in there. A little less lonely, and it's really interesting to see how differently other people taking the challenge have interpreted the prompts.
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

TicTac

• I am a happy little TicTac
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #984 on: April 06, 2016, 08:12:11 AM »
I have added mine just now. My username for AO3 is actually completely different to the one I have here. It's AwesomeSauce432 (though they both have a food theme.)

It's so cool reading through what everyone else has done. Different interpretations are so cool to see ^_^
Fluent: :australia:
Know a few phrases: :china:
Know random words: :germany: :spain: (thanks Dora)
Want to learn, eventually: :finland:
Survived :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #985 on: April 26, 2016, 01:31:17 PM »
How is it going for everyone? Still struggling to reach the target? Already reached the goal? Completely given up on the goal? Maybe you're even aiming to double your goal!

I've managed to reach 44k, my goal was 25k, so I'm very satisfied with this camp. And with a few days left to go I miiiiight even be able to reach 50k!
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #986 on: April 26, 2016, 01:39:10 PM »
How is it going for everyone? Still struggling to reach the target? Already reached the goal? Completely given up on the goal? Maybe you're even aiming to double your goal!

I've managed to reach 44k, my goal was 25k, so I'm very satisfied with this camp. And with a few days left to go I miiiiight even be able to reach 50k!

Maaaan Windy, those are some nice stats. o_o Go go go, aim for 50k!

I set my goal at 8K (originally it was like, 4k, but I kept meeting it so I kept raising it until it wasn't allowed any more). Aaand I reached that, so I'm happy. I hardly got anything written last month, so it's kind of a relief that this one was more successful.

And I'm allllmost finished my 10th work for the prompt challenge, which is nice. u3u (Some people here have written SO MANY, wow!)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #987 on: April 26, 2016, 02:30:37 PM »
Congratulations, Windy and Yuu ! :D
*Is already wondering what she will do for the "real" NaNo sometimes*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #988 on: April 26, 2016, 03:30:54 PM »
And I'm allllmost finished my 10th work for the prompt challenge, which is nice. u3u (Some people here have written SO MANY, wow!)

wooo, 10 is good! \o/ I've managed 18! Would have been more, but number 15 decided to become 16k words instead of the planned 1k x.x

Congratulations, Windy and Yuu ! :D
*Is already wondering what she will do for the "real" NaNo sometimes*

I have already decided on my november NaNo-project :D I decided that like... halfway through last november :P
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 03:32:39 PM by Windfighter »
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #989 on: April 26, 2016, 05:12:38 PM »
I have already decided on my november NaNo-project :D I decided that like... halfway through last november :P
Three possibilities, even if one is "re-write this project again". I hadn't made a choice yet. November is still far away...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2: