Worlds and Stories > A Redtail's Dream

aRTD General Discussion Thread

(1/4) > >>

Athena:
A place to talk about anything relating to aRTD. Fic ideas, Cosplay photos, storyline analysis, etc are all welcome.

I figured this would be a good idea, because given how little traffic this board gets, a general thread is a better way to keep it tidy than making a bunch of little threads that would each get little use.

Enjoy! :)

Daiseerose:
at church  I saw this dude that looked a lot like Joona it was scary! he had longer hair then joona did but still looked a lot alike

wavewright62:
Does the Finnish belief system about the tripartite soul extend to animals?  Would Ville have a tripartite soul once he became human?  Would his luonto automatically be some form of canid?

JoB:

--- Quote from: wavewright62 on October 22, 2017, 02:02:33 AM ---Does the Finnish belief system about the tripartite soul extend to animals?  Would Ville have a tripartite soul once he became human?  Would his luonto automatically be some form of canid?

--- End quote ---
Considering that even the Finnish beliefs about humans vary considerably (with exact region, time, and apparently also how much the believers trusted the person recording it for posterity), I doubt that there'll be a definitive answer for you. Throwing in the specifically Minna-esque tone, I'ld guess that Kokko "turning Ville into a human" implies the full deal and if only there are SSSS-style animal-shaped luontos in the aRTD-verse, Ville's should most definitely be a Finnish Spitz, possibly even more of a "Ville himself" than Vóvoff is a mere extension of Reynir.

(I don't remember aRTD showing luontos outright, as opposed to nondescript "spirits animals", "human souls", and some soul-ish presences of normal animals (vipers, Murunen). Also, luontos having an animal shape seems to be sort of a minority belief within Finnish mythology.)

Athena:
I have a new desktop picture for winter.... :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version