Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 393871 times)

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #4350 on: December 20, 2021, 06:14:02 PM »
I love the Kitty and gull panel, but the entire return trip has been meh. I mean maybe a couple of the 200 bear pages could have been sacrificed for this?

Still, it’s wayyyy better thy are all safe than have someone die now!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

lwise

• Scout
« Reply #4351 on: December 20, 2021, 06:53:56 PM »
This actually feels like an epilogue, as if the chapter ended with them sitting around the fire with Lalli doing the ceremony with the bears' skulls.  Now we just get the wrap-up: they got back to the Gull Mage; they weren't infected by the Kade; they go back to civilization; all done, yay.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #4352 on: December 25, 2021, 02:14:49 AM »
The Disqus comments are closed now, so I'm afraid that the forum will have to endure my silliness ...

"The aua of a thousand beaks!"
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #4353 on: December 25, 2021, 10:33:41 PM »
I am deriving some amusement from the fact that "aua" in Maori means "herring"...

yung_chrysanthemum

« Reply #4354 on: December 29, 2021, 03:16:04 PM »
It will always be my headcanon that the original intent was to have somebody be possessed by the Kade, but Minna nixed it because it would take too long and she clearly wants to get rolling on the next project. Wasn't there an info page alluding to exorcism as far back as like... Adventure 1?
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17:

native: :usa:
reasonably good: :japan:

JoB

« Reply #4355 on: December 29, 2021, 04:39:02 PM »
Wasn't there an info page alluding to exorcism as far back as like... Adventure 1?
(No, kades and sentinel mages are specific to Finland, if not the particularly silent parts of the Saimaa lake system, and did not get introduced until adventure 2 brought the entire team there.)
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #4356 on: December 29, 2021, 04:54:54 PM »
Ooookay, we're definitely in 'let's get through this as fast as possible' mode, aren't we?

I'm not surprised; but I'm continuing to be disappointed.

At least it's seeming less and less likely that anybody's going to get killed off; thereby leaving more room for fanfic.

ETA: I don't know where Minna originally intended to go with this, back when she was still into it. But I'm about 97% sure there was originally intended to be more of it.

ETA again: have we met the guy in the last panel before? or does he just look like somebody we've met before? or am I just being faceblind, which is perfectly possible? (people who don't look alike to most people often look alike to me--)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 04:59:16 PM by thorny »

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #4357 on: December 29, 2021, 06:29:42 PM »
Isn’t he the skald who was maintaining the graveyard, doing troll watch and generally looking after the Hotakainen’s old village? Mauri or some similar name? The multilingual old guy?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

tehta

• Ranger
« Reply #4358 on: December 29, 2021, 06:30:30 PM »
I agree that he looks familiar! I even went back to see if maybe he was the gardener from Lalli's 'old home place', since that was another surprise Norwegian speaker, but no.

I might reread the start of the adventure tomorrow to see if I can spot his double there.
fluent: :pl: :us:, conversational: :fr: :de:, can spy on conversations: :de: (:ch:) :it:, knows curses: so many others

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
« Reply #4359 on: December 29, 2021, 08:45:29 PM »
He reminds me of the harbour guard who had Lalli running in circles back in Reykjavik, but not because of his looks but the way he sits in a little booth in a harbour with a newspaper.

I guess the seagulls in panel 1 are to explain why everything goes so smoothly (plus if I recall correctly there were no dangers on the water all the way from Saimaa capital to Väinö’s) but still, this is ridiculous. At least here is some of the previously missing travel montage (with some nice scenery and not nice at all ducks) but… no. Not enough. I’m not buying this, it doesn’t have all of the content. Ok,you are right, it’s still good value for its price so I shouldn’t complain BUT
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4360 on: December 29, 2021, 08:50:41 PM »
Nah, he's just some rando, we haven't seen him before.  Plot twist: everybody in Finland outside of Keuruu actually spoke Norwegian all along, including the bears. 

Probably those ducks, too.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

JoB

« Reply #4361 on: December 30, 2021, 03:09:12 AM »
have we met the guy in the last panel before? or does he just look like somebody we've met before?
I flipped through the part of adv2 where the team's in Finland and meets actual people¹, but the best I can say is that he looks like (but cannot be) a younger version of Tapsa the cat-wrangler.

¹ Saimaa canal to Väinö's, so, pages 80-150-ish

tehta

• Ranger
« Reply #4362 on: December 30, 2021, 05:24:34 AM »
If only we could ask Remembering Man...

fluent: :pl: :us:, conversational: :fr: :de:, can spy on conversations: :de: (:ch:) :it:, knows curses: so many others

JoB

« Reply #4363 on: December 30, 2021, 06:06:32 AM »
If only we could ask Remembering Man...
Hmmm, you think? I take the nose and the dome, and buy Finnish origin and reading glasses bending the ears forward, but why would he switch from dock worker at the Bornholm hub to shopkeep in Saimaa, shave off the mustachiolo, and grow out the rest of his beard in the meantime?

tehta

• Ranger
« Reply #4364 on: December 30, 2021, 06:17:22 AM »
I just meant that Remembering Man would remember.