Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 394024 times)

catbirds

Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #4140 on: August 31, 2021, 12:54:52 AM »
Heehee, the Swan's a pretty funny character. And the red sure makes her stand out! Even if she's showing up to do "nothing"

Also, her funny little feet when they're under the water... four toes? Sure! (They look a bit like paws lol)

Regarding the missing apostrophe - that, and Minna hasn't fixed Emil's little overflowing text box a few pages back. Maybe she's in a rush to draw pages or something. She did mention running out of buffer, even though that was before the chapter break.

tehta

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #4141 on: August 31, 2021, 02:35:32 AM »
The impression I am getting from the Swan's words is that there is definitely something our heroes can do, they just have to figure out what. And that the Swan can's say anything, but might be able to hint?

I am very happy that the Swan is not there to solve all their problems. But a bit sad that I no longer need to worry about Lalli, because I enjoy worrying about fictional characters. (Reynir's different religion meant I was never worried for him in the first place.) I can maybe still worry about Onni, at least?
fluent: :pl: :us:, conversational: :fr: :de:, can spy on conversations: :de: (:ch:) :it:, knows curses: so many others

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4142 on: August 31, 2021, 04:14:35 AM »
Rest uneasy, there is still plenty to worry about with Lalli, and Onni.  As Tuuri said, her time in Tuonela was just a long sleep of nothing - that's considered the far preferable outcome.  They can still be incorporated into the kade, or the non-immunes can trollify, or they all get imprisoned, or they vanquish this kade only to go mad and become a new kade, or they somehow find out that the fire that haunts Emil's dreams was actually caused by Mikkel, or...
Feeling worse yet?
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #4143 on: August 31, 2021, 04:29:24 AM »
Reynir's different religion meant I was never worried for him in the first place.
Maybe the swan is a fan of syncretism.

tehta

• Ranger
« Reply #4144 on: August 31, 2021, 05:06:38 AM »
Feeling worse yet?

Only a bit... because I don't think any of that will happen. (Except maybe to Onni, like I said.)

The whole team becoming some sort of kade/giant thing is an interesting thought. That way, they would always be together, to go on new adventures! Even if those adventures are just 'finding some Finns to eat'.
fluent: :pl: :us:, conversational: :fr: :de:, can spy on conversations: :de: (:ch:) :it:, knows curses: so many others

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
« Reply #4145 on: August 31, 2021, 05:15:19 AM »
Sadly I think Emil’s dreamfire will forever be shrouded in mystery, only shown in tantalizing glimpses of fanfiction.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #4146 on: September 01, 2021, 04:40:29 AM »
I'm afraid you're right.
I just recently put a few things together: Sigrun's repeated desire to finish this 'side quest' up and go home; her suggestion in Adventure I that the crew should go say 'hello' to the Chinese survivors who might be found in the Asian mountains (until Mikkel told her the tank would take ten years to get them there); and something Minna said somewhere quite a while ago about having an idea for a long journey for our heroes.
What if this added up to Sigrun never getting home again (losing interest in doing so because she got word her parents were dead?), and all of them taking off in a newly-acquired vehicle on a journey to the East? They might run into Russians, Chechens, Uighurs, [insert other central Asian peoples], eventually actual Chinese...?

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #4147 on: September 01, 2021, 08:28:10 AM »
You're suggesting that as fanfic, right? That would be interesting to read.

Minna was never going to do that story; at least, not after fairly early on, when she had Emil make a racist comment about Chinese and the comments section blew up on her. She said then, basically, that she just wasn't ever going to discuss non-Nordic peoples again, rather than learn how to do so.

(The comment wasn't Emil being deliberately racist; he was just being ignorant. Minna may also have just been being ignorant to start with, but she handled it IMO extremely poorly.)

But, yeah. I expect she was, originally, going to do a story about Emil and the fire. It doesn't make any sense to have had that in there otherwise. She came back first to the assorted hints about something hunting Hotakainens (I think I spelled that wrong) and Grandma's one mistake; and that, unfortunately, is as much of the characters' backstories as we're ever going to get.

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #4148 on: September 02, 2021, 10:25:07 PM »
By the way, today’s page has probably the best ever image of the spirit-animals. The Doggo and the Lynx standing side by side with a confused expression is probably the best thing I’ve seen today! :'D :lalli: :reynir:
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

tehta

• Ranger
« Reply #4149 on: September 03, 2021, 01:37:03 AM »
Lalli's disgust with the thing he's having to climb is pretty fun, too.

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #4150 on: September 19, 2021, 11:01:18 PM »
Is it only me or is there no new page today?…  :torbjorn:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
« Reply #4151 on: September 20, 2021, 01:40:17 AM »
Annuil, no you aren’t :) Minna forgot to upload despite the RSS going out. But now it’s on!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #4152 on: September 20, 2021, 03:18:42 PM »
Yes, thank you, Jitter!

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #4153 on: September 20, 2021, 11:22:06 PM »
So -- are they climbing (now swimming) around inside the kade? (Their and its spirit selves, anyway.)

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #4154 on: September 21, 2021, 02:20:21 AM »
So -- are they climbing (now swimming) around inside the kade? (Their and its spirit selves, anyway.)
Well, however "real" their magescape-side perception is - yes, precisely that.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15