Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 383226 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #2895 on: December 25, 2017, 10:41:52 PM »
Trivia question of the day: what colour are Taru's eyes? 
I've been all through chapters 1-4 and other spots where I can find her, and her character description of course, and they are drawn as black only.  There is only one scene, where she is telling Tuuri that Vellamo will look after them, where they look brown, but it's hard to tell if that's the actual colour from the lighting.

Anybody know?
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #2896 on: December 27, 2017, 11:55:13 AM »
Trivia question of the day: what colour are Taru's eyes? 
I've been all through chapters 1-4 and other spots where I can find her, and her character description of course, and they are drawn as black only.  There is only one scene, where she is telling Tuuri that Vellamo will look after them, where they look brown, but it's hard to tell if that's the actual colour from the lighting.

Anybody know?
I'm thinking brown.  Iirc Tuuri's eye color is blue and while the shading blocks off part of the coloration you can still see they're blue along the bottom edge.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

ZanarNaryon

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #2897 on: January 04, 2018, 02:47:57 AM »
Reynir's reaction to "knowing" he'll never return is honestly quite fascinating. It's an interesting contrast to Sigrun, who comedically overreacted, while Reynir seems to have entered quiet acceptance.
Native: :norway:
Fluent: :england:
Understands: :sweden: :denmark:
Unpracticed: :iceland:
Working on it: :germany:
A few assorted sentences in Quenya
:chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05: :A2chap06: :A2chap07:

yung_chrysanthemum

« Reply #2898 on: January 07, 2018, 04:50:33 PM »
my quick guess is that the ghosts aren't actually interested in reynir, they're interested in lalli and are tied in with whatever supernatural force is hunting the hotakainen mages.

i know there's a page where sleipnope says it will follow somebody forever (i forget who it's addressing), couldn't find that page on a quick trolling through the archive  :-[
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17:

native: :usa:
reasonably good: :japan:

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2899 on: January 07, 2018, 05:14:54 PM »
It was Lalli and Reynir.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Jharad17

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2900 on: January 09, 2018, 12:56:23 AM »
my quick guess is that the ghosts aren't actually interested in reynir, they're interested in lalli and are tied in with whatever supernatural force is hunting the hotakainen mages.

i know there's a page where sleipnope says it will follow somebody forever (i forget who it's addressing), couldn't find that page on a quick trolling through the archive  :-[

Here's the page http://sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=676

The problem with Sleipnope (and the Ghostpack) following just Lalli is that, well, it isn't. It's following Reynir right now. It left Lalli back at the cattank, presumably, and followed the guy from Iceland instead.
Native:  :usa:
Tourist level:  :germany:  and. :france:

Sc0ut

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2901 on: January 09, 2018, 07:17:35 AM »
Here's the page http://sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=676

The problem with Sleipnope (and the Ghostpack) following just Lalli is that, well, it isn't. It's following Reynir right now. It left Lalli back at the cattank, presumably, and followed the guy from Iceland instead.

Huh, this is an interesting point. I hadn't realized they left Lalli (and Emil) completely alone. I guess the ghosts don't split up the gang. Still, it would be interesting to know how they choose which group to follow. Three victims are better than two, or is it that they believe Reynir is stronger or.... his soul is more delicious?? :D Or is it the fact that he was around when the ghosts were initially stirred up, and Lalli was not?

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2902 on: January 09, 2018, 07:54:42 AM »
Maybe they heard the whole conversation about how Lalli and Emil were going to catch up to them?
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #2903 on: January 09, 2018, 07:58:27 PM »
Maybe they heard the whole conversation about how Lalli and Emil were going to catch up to them?

Maybe! Anyway, plotwise it's better that they followed Reynir and Co., otherwise, they would've lost Lalli and Emil in the Monsterhouse incident  :V
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #2904 on: January 10, 2018, 02:35:28 AM »
My take on this is that the ghosts are following both Lalli and Reynir (which is strongly suggested on this page), but the house giant incident happening while it was still technically daytime had the unintended side effect of putting lots of distance between Lalli and the ghosts very fast. For all I know, there could be a group of ghosts looking for them right now, that simply hasn't reached/found them yet.
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2905 on: January 10, 2018, 12:10:15 PM »
My take on this is that the ghosts are following both Lalli and Reynir (which is strongly suggested on this page), but the house giant incident happening while it was still technically daytime had the unintended side effect of putting lots of distance between Lalli and the ghosts very fast. For all I know, there could be a group of ghosts looking for them right now, that simply hasn't reached/found them yet.

This depend of the ghosts ability to detect/triangulate & extrapolite their way. Currently we aren't sure exactly how ghosts are following the team, but distance seems not to be the critical factor. Most of the time when crew have a Catmobile, ghosts were able to track them.

P.S. Hm... actually... maybe it was Catmobile that they tracked? They used radio quite often, and the car have an electric engine... and ghosts were able to affect radio, so they may be able to detect at least direction & triangulate?

JacobThomsen

• Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #2906 on: January 10, 2018, 04:18:39 PM »
Yes that could be an option. Even if the murder ghosts don't have any supernatural tracking powers and would have to rely on looking for tracks they could maybe have followed Emil and Lalli  since the tracks that the giant made when chasing them would be easy to see. So the main ghost-group might have continued following the wheelbarrow while a smaller group would have investigated the tracks of the giant. However following the tracks after they broke apart would be hard, so if there is a group of ghost hunting down Emil and Lalli right now then they're either good at tracking or have some sort of supernatural tracking power.
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2907 on: January 10, 2018, 05:19:06 PM »
Back when the ghosts first followed Mikkel, Tuuri and Reynir, they appeared to be following their tracks in the snow, and indeed Minna remarked on it in her notes to those pages. I expect they may also follow the life-energy of their prey, but we don't know that yet.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #2908 on: January 10, 2018, 05:23:02 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, the sweet spot for Emil getting mage abilities would be ghost vision and/or troll detection, but no actual combat/defense magic. This way he gets a glimpse of what Lalli has to live with, but doesn't end up overpowered (or with something he'll probably not have long enough to make any real use out of it, since I don't picture either outlasting Lalli's stay).

Called it! Yes, I'm still up. I can catch the page if it actually shows up within 15-20 minutes of the French 11 PM.
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2909 on: January 10, 2018, 11:09:20 PM »
So the main ghost-group might have continued following the wheelbarrow while a smaller group would have investigated the tracks of the giant.

This would require another intellectual jump on murderghosts side. And, frankly, if they became intellectual enough to do such maneuver, they would probably knew better than hang on a wall together, turning themselves into easily noticeable object.