Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 393845 times)

Sc0ut

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #2475 on: June 30, 2017, 05:56:13 PM »
I was thinking we'll see her in additional flashbacks. Maybe, like if we finally find out what happened to send the Hotakainens to Keuruu, or what Ensi's one mistake was.

Even better/additionally, we might see the afterlife for Finnish souls :D That's gotta be interesting.

midwestmutt

• Scout
« Reply #2476 on: June 30, 2017, 06:01:28 PM »
Even better/additionally, we might see the afterlife for Finnish souls :D That's gotta be interesting.
From what we saw in A Red Tails dream it looks kinda grim, which probably suits the Finns.
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :chap17: :chap18:

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2477 on: June 30, 2017, 06:05:36 PM »
It's a bunch of people sleeping beneath the surface of a giant lake covered with ice, so not really exciting.

ZanarNaryon

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #2478 on: June 30, 2017, 08:09:25 PM »
Yes, at the first instance I thought so too, that Minna was just referring to City of Hunger.

However, we haven't seen Tuuri so far in that game. Maybe she's just doomed...

I imagine her death might happen in the beginning of the game, maybe a driving element to the story, possibly something throwing Lalli into the plot, or even gives him his typical stoic personality. Though this is really something more to discuss in the City of Hunger speculation thread
Native: :norway:
Fluent: :england:
Understands: :sweden: :denmark:
Unpracticed: :iceland:
Working on it: :germany:
A few assorted sentences in Quenya
:chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05: :A2chap06: :A2chap07:

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #2479 on: June 30, 2017, 09:59:44 PM »
Is it inappropriate to post this?

Well, it's probably more appropriate than the Pixies..

/>
Although if we didn't know about Tuuri being guided to Tuonella by the Swan, imagining her kissing mermaids and riding the El Nino could be a nice alternative.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 10:02:24 PM by Purple Wyrm »
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #2480 on: July 01, 2017, 12:05:05 PM »
I had a little trouble figuring out the right trope for the fact Lalli felt Tuuri die, and something interesting came out of it. At some point, I was self-debating on changing "Psychic Link" to "Synchronization" which is basically the subtype where body sensations are shared. During that, I thought of the moment Tuuri got bitten. Let's be honest, that must have hurt, and I've just looked back at what is now the second saddest set of pages to see any signs of Lalli feeling it. And the only potential one I could see was the mere fact he suddenly realizes he should check inside the tank while his attention is on something else. It's giving me a not-very-happy second reading on the end of Chapter 13.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 04:58:31 PM by Grade E cat »
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #2481 on: July 01, 2017, 03:28:38 PM »
I had a little trouble figuring out the right trope for the fact Lalli felt Tuuri die, and something interesting came out of it. At some point, I was self-debating on chaging "Psychic Link" to "Synchronization" which is basically the subtype where body sensations are shared. During that, I thought of the moment Tuuri got bitten. Let's be honest, that must have hurt, and I've just looked back at what is now the second saddest set of pages to see any signs of Lalli feeling it. And the only potential one I could see was the mere fact he suddenly realizes he should check inside the tank while his attention is on something else. It's giving me a not-very-happy second reading on the end of Chapter 13.

Maybe... is synchonization limited to body sensations or includes emotions?
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Grade E cat

• Ranger
« Reply #2482 on: July 01, 2017, 05:04:53 PM »
I think it covers emotions to an extent as well. I only mention the part where Lalli's chest hurt while Tuuri is drowning in the context description, and this comes across as synchronization. It's just that since this happened quite visibly when Tuuri drowning, I'm wondering if a more discrete equivalent to this happened when she got bitten.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 05:08:27 PM by Grade E cat »

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2483 on: July 01, 2017, 06:47:35 PM »
Well, something obviously did happen to catch his attention when she got bitten, because he left the fight, opened the tank, which would be an extremely counter-intuitive thing to do in the middle of a battle, and dashed in with rifle ready. That sort of subliminal awareness that something is happening to those close to you turns up in the lore of cultures all over the world, and quite often in real life.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

ZanarNaryon

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #2484 on: July 01, 2017, 08:25:43 PM »
Well, something obviously did happen to catch his attention when she got bitten, because he left the fight, opened the tank, which would be an extremely counter-intuitive thing to do in the middle of a battle, and dashed in with rifle ready. That sort of subliminal awareness that something is happening to those close to you turns up in the lore of cultures all over the world, and quite often in real life.

A troll does make a fair amount of noise, and so does two non-immune people trapped with a troll. He might just have heard them
Native: :norway:
Fluent: :england:
Understands: :sweden: :denmark:
Unpracticed: :iceland:
Working on it: :germany:
A few assorted sentences in Quenya
:chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05: :A2chap06: :A2chap07:

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2485 on: July 01, 2017, 08:27:10 PM »
A troll does make a fair amount of noise, and so does two non-immune people trapped with a troll. He might just have heard them

In the  middle of a battle? Not likely.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #2486 on: July 01, 2017, 08:46:32 PM »
From what can be hinted on page 654. with the sudden glowing eyes, Lalli is sensing it with his magic.
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #2487 on: July 01, 2017, 09:08:10 PM »
That seems likely. He was able to tell the giant was going to come through the train's ceiling, and there's that moment of awareness at the air duct in Spot 24 as well, so it might be he's able to sense it when a troll is nearby, whether that's through hearing their voices or some other preternatural awareness.
Á tarë quildë, á harë tínë.

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

:germany: (native) :uk: (fluent) :vaticancity: (had to) :spain: (okay) :denmark: (learning) :france: (learning)

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #2488 on: July 02, 2017, 11:51:38 AM »
I think I suggested at the time that Reynir might have used his magic to yell to Lalli for help; but we haven't seen any confirmation of that or any reference to it, so that might be wrong.

If he was just sensing that the troll was there, however, why didn't he sense it before it broke through the floor*? It was just as close to him.

*that is, a narrative reason is pretty clear: that whole chunk of plot disappears if Lalli shoots the troll before it breaks the tank and bites Tuuri. But an in-world reason would have to be different. Confusion of the battle keeping his mind on something else? He wasn't actually that close before, but had just moved into that position?

Grade E cat

• Ranger
« Reply #2489 on: July 02, 2017, 12:04:33 PM »
And the extra layer to this I hadn't noticed before is that the moment that made Lalli notice the non-immunes were in danger and the moment Tuuri got bitten were probably one and the same. It seems like Lalli basically has a warning system that sometimes doesn't activate before it's already too late.