Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 393887 times)

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #1275 on: August 10, 2016, 04:15:27 PM »
...and he has to fight alone because Lalli was struck down by kade!Onni.

Yessssss....the depression grows.....muhahahaha
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #1276 on: August 10, 2016, 04:17:45 PM »
But what is a kade?

I think the worst possible outcome is that someone does get infected during this - possibly Tuuri. Get a good stomach sinking moment as someone spots she has some rashes on her neck.

Since at such a conjecture they would find themselves deep within enemy lines with a very hard decision to make.
Of course, this could push forward a plotline where the crew risks all to go to Odense/fortress/military hospital in the hope of finding a cure.

And then, through Reynir's dreamquest to learn about A, we learn that there was never a cure. That ultimately, it might have delayed the symptoms, but it couldn't save anyone. She couldn't save anyone. Hence her current state of forgetfulness.

Though I don't think Onni would be angry at Lalli - he would be much angrier at the people who sent what's left of his family to die for a bit of money. You know. The people with whom he is actually, physically hanging out.

But idk. I hope this story is not going for maximum sadness. We can do that to ourselves, apparently.

Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1277 on: August 10, 2016, 04:19:56 PM »
But what is a kade?

I think the worst possible outcome is that someone does get infected during this - possibly Tuuri. Get a good stomach sinking moment as someone spots she has some rashes on her neck.

Since at such a conjecture they would find themselves deep within enemy lines with a very hard decision to make.
Of course, this could push forward a plotline where the crew risks all to go to Odense/fortress/military hospital in the hope of finding a cure.

And then, through Reynir's dreamquest to learn about A, we learn that there was never a cure. That ultimately, it might have delayed the symptoms, but it couldn't save anyone. She couldn't save anyone. Hence her current state of forgetfulness.

Though I don't think Onni would be angry at Lalli - he would be much angrier at the people who sent what's left of his family to die for a bit of money. You know. The people with whom he is actually, physically hanging out.

But idk. I hope this story is not going for maximum sadness. We can do that to ourselves, apparently.

Well, no. ChurchLady never learned about a cure, which doesn't mean that they never found one.  It's possible that they DID, but all the people who knew about it got killed by the trolls and beasts.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #1278 on: August 10, 2016, 04:24:13 PM »
That's mere speculation on my part - the tiny bit of flashback we saw suggested an hospital of some sort. I am only invoking her because that little side-quest for Reynir could dovetail into more major arc where trying to figure out what happened to Church Lady becomes a race against the clock to save Tuuri/himself.

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1279 on: August 10, 2016, 04:28:35 PM »

Hmm, I'm not sure whether Onni knows their mission is for a bit of money. It wasn't even in the contracts but they only told the crew on expedition, since it's a secret.

Thinking about it, I'm wondering whether Onni will get a part of the loot, now that he's helping from a distance with magic. This might cause some controversy amongst the people who organised the mission: the Swedes will probably never believe in magic and gods so Torbjörn might argue Onni didn't help at all.
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #1280 on: August 10, 2016, 04:29:58 PM »
Onni has no need for material possessions.

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
« Reply #1281 on: August 10, 2016, 04:32:29 PM »
Onni has no need for material possessions.

Okay, you got a point here.
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1282 on: August 10, 2016, 04:36:49 PM »
Onni would be unlikely to become kade though (although it's technically speaking possible since anyone can become one), he's not quite the type. You don't turn kade out of grief and/or anger but out of envying someone or someones so badly that you eventually make yourself believe their happiness is away from you.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #1283 on: August 10, 2016, 04:40:18 PM »
Onni would be unlikely to become kade though (although it's technically speaking possible since anyone can become one), he's not quite the type. You don't turn kade out of grief and/or anger but out of envying someone or someones so badly that you eventually make yourself believe their happiness is away from you.

Hrrm...good point. Unless Minna deliberately points out that the mythology is different in the SSSS-verse, which it could easily be given other aspects, like the dreamworld, that IIRC were not given much discussion beyond 'it exists' in traditional mythos....however I could easily be wrong on that, I know next to nothing about Finnish mythology.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #1284 on: August 10, 2016, 10:49:37 PM »

Envy?

"You!  Torbjörn!  Siv!  YOUR family is alive?  Why is mine dead? Why should you have living relatives?  Why should YOUR family be alive when my sister...MY SISTER...is worse than dead?"

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

Minutia_R

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she or they
« Reply #1285 on: August 11, 2016, 01:03:49 AM »
LALLI MADE IT BACK

I didn't think he was going to die but I was definitely afraid that something would happen to seperate him from the rest of the crew for a while.

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
« Reply #1286 on: August 11, 2016, 05:22:14 AM »
LALLI MADE IT BACK

I didn't think he was going to die but I was definitely afraid that something would happen to seperate him from the rest of the crew for a while.

And Emil is waving at him!
...I think.

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #1287 on: August 11, 2016, 05:39:47 AM »
LALLI MADE IT BACK

He does look a wee bit banged up like he might have had some sort of bad encounter while he was out scouting. He also looks more unhappy than usual like he either knows what's coming, or about a possible encounter he had out scouting, or both ?

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1288 on: August 11, 2016, 08:03:49 AM »
He does look a wee bit banged up like he might have had some sort of bad encounter while he was out scouting. He also looks more unhappy than usual like he either knows what's coming, or about a possible encounter he had out scouting, or both ?

To me, he just looks... super exhausted. (I might not look quiiiite that bad after a long day of work, but I certainly feel it. xD) Kid needs some sleep. Hopefully he'll get it before things hit the fan.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #1289 on: August 11, 2016, 08:15:44 AM »
Lalli looks very tired and a lot older than when we last saw him.