Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2382530 times)

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #4170 on: March 30, 2015, 10:49:19 AM »
*corks a coke bottle*

Now for 500 more members!

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #4171 on: March 30, 2015, 02:41:13 PM »
Woot our little corner of the internet is growing!
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #4172 on: March 30, 2015, 03:37:11 PM »
SSSS shall spread like the Rash and transform others, until the net is a giant troll :D

[insert joke about how the net is a giant troll already here]

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4173 on: March 30, 2015, 04:57:46 PM »
aa hooray for Much Talking!!! *confetti*

also hi i survived the flight!!! it was much later in the day than I thought it was gonna be, pluuus we're staying in London for the night instead of going right away to Wales. good job at listening to vacation plans, haiz!

also aaaghhghh we forgot adapters for electicity thingies and the hotel only gave us one and my brother immediately snagged it. my computer is fully charged, but its wifi connection is incredibly wonky unless it's connected *wipes a tear* i just wanna upload aaarrrtttttt

(also on a scala from uncooperative lalli to TROLL OUTSIDE THE WINDOW, how annoying would it be if I spam you with Wales Adventures, possibly pictures, over the week? i mean since you guys live all over the world..........)

edit: I do appreciate having moved to this timezone immediately after daylight saving time day. i can spend another week putting off Adaption
edit2: I snagged the electricity adapter. Now i must find a way to not stay up all night
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 06:01:18 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #4174 on: March 30, 2015, 06:30:35 PM »
edit2: I snagged the electricity adapter. Now i must find a way to not stay up all night

Well, what else would you do at night? I've heard people talking about this thing called sleep, but that's just a myth...

(also on a scala from uncooperative lalli to TROLL OUTSIDE THE WINDOW, how annoying would it be if I spam you with Wales Adventures, possibly pictures, over the week? i mean since you guys live all over the world..........)

Well, I would love to see it, but I'm a lowly scrub, so I can't say with any definitiveness.
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #4175 on: March 30, 2015, 06:36:59 PM »
Well, what else would you do at night? I've heard people talking about this thing called sleep, but that's just a myth...

Well, I would love to see it, but I'm a lowly scrub, so I can't say with any definitiveness.
I'm probably gonna spam Wales Adventures no matter what people say, so that's good to hear!

........ ah, yes, sleep. i have heard whispers of this strange ritual. should do some research on that

edit: i actually went to bed pretty early, but only because I didn't want to experience the shame of sitting in the hotel reception to 2AM
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 03:25:58 AM by Haiz »

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #4176 on: March 30, 2015, 10:40:59 PM »
All those culinary delights dissapeared to the sands of time, ahhh such a waste.
Yum, sweetened wine ... :D

even *weirdly* flavored for our modern palates, e.g. the medieval European habit of putting sugar in all sorts of meat and vegetable dishes
You might want to check how much sugar there is in oh-so-modern stuff like ketchup ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Pessi

• Scout
  • metsäläinen
« Reply #4177 on: March 31, 2015, 01:14:15 AM »

Well, not any worse than the "bright cheerful shade of green" so popular in the Victorian era, used in clothes, wallpapers, toys and other everyday objects ;)
Tiitiäinen metsäläinen
pieni menninkäinen

()
Trying to learn

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4178 on: March 31, 2015, 05:42:58 AM »
Well, not any worse than the "bright cheerful shade of green" so popular in the Victorian era, used in clothes, wallpapers, toys and other everyday objects ;)
The Romans actually combed arsenic into their hair in order to darken it and look younger. Humanity has a long and illustrious career in inappropriate use of arsenic.

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #4179 on: March 31, 2015, 07:25:05 AM »

Then it was lead, now it´s glycol...
Mankind is not so bright sometimes...
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #4180 on: March 31, 2015, 08:21:47 AM »
Getting warmer here, which is nice, but it apparently also means that silverfish are....coming out of hibernation (?) or something. And I can't really handle arthropods bigger than an ant if they are inside on my stuff. Especially if they have lots of legs and move very fast. :-\

I found one on/in my pile of sketchbooks, and now I'm paranoid that they'll turn up in my portfolio.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4181 on: March 31, 2015, 09:50:08 AM »
Getting warmer here, which is nice, but it apparently also means that silverfish are....coming out of hibernation (?) or something. And I can't really handle arthropods bigger than an ant if they are inside on my stuff. Especially if they have lots of legs and move very fast. :-\

I found one on/in my pile of sketchbooks, and now I'm paranoid that they'll turn up in my portfolio.

Never heard of silverfish but apparently we have them here too (under the name "sølvkre". Like, "silver cretin").

Apparently they tend to disappear if you turn up the heat to vaporise the moisture in your room.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 03:09:38 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #4182 on: March 31, 2015, 03:05:33 PM »
I once saw a grown silverfish which was about 5 centimeters long... *shudders* ghastly beasts! I hope you get rid of them soon. You can buy glue traps for them, this can help.
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #4183 on: March 31, 2015, 03:30:56 PM »

Uh-oh, how I understand you :| We don't have silverfish, but some centipedes (don't click this link unless you have nerves of steel) have visited my room couple of times, and gosh, I am so terrified by those "hairy" fast monsters D: Sadly, I know no other ways of getting rid of them but smashing these harmless creatures  :(
May the Force be with you  ;)
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #4184 on: March 31, 2015, 04:48:48 PM »
helloooo it is time for my Wales Adventures Travelogue part 1
(i hope it's okay that I'll do these??? I'll shut up if it's annoying ahahah)

- we were mostly on the road today, but stopped in Cardiff. We're based at a place called *checks smudged writing on hand* Llanelli. yeah. it's somehow even windier than home in norway, which is just outright impressive.

My three first impressions are these:
1) I forgot how british the UK was. it's just. so british. i'm sorry walisians
2) everything is dragons. flag dragon. bus dragon. trashcan dragon. pencil dragon. dragons
3) the language is just keysmash. it's beautiful

I know this is an absolute cliché and it's not even the right place, but you know. for reference

- we visited cardiff castle which was pretty cool? Because I'm a Real Grown Up Adult i of course did the easter egg hunt thing. my prize is a pencil with a dragon on it. We're gonna visit so many castles this week. I love castles

- there is a ~*Doctor Who Experiences*~ center museum thing in cardiff, but I kinda lost interest in doctor who a while ago so........ yeah. please forgive me, past self

- then there was this:

uMMMM I THOUGHT WE WERE IN WALES??
turns out it was a norwegian seafarer's church
and Roald Dahl was its first president?? roald dahl is cool

- i found a skittles milk drink in the store. a skittles drink. i had to have it even if it would probably kill me, but at least I would die with honor.
I just found out I was right, it tastes absolutely horrible. thanks

will anyone be wanting postcards