Author Topic: 你们会说普通话吗?(Mandarin Thread? Anyone?)  (Read 20401 times)

videovance

Re: How to learn Chinese Mandarin fast?
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2015, 09:17:23 PM »
Hi rubyliu! I am super useless in this conversation! BUT I found a cool app recently that is pretty useful, called HelloChinese, which makes you pronounce things out loud and corrects you, so that's useful! Unfortunately, I'm not sure it will get you to fluency very quickly;;;
Watching videos does help a lot! I looked on the web just now, and this seems pretty cool? I haven't tried it yet, but maybe it might work for you!

But yeah, having a tutor's gonna be the best thing- I've had a tutor for the past two years, and my Chinese level has basically skyrocketed (it's still pretty bad though (  •́ ω •̀)a but wayyy better than before) so yeah! Ask around at any schools or colleges + language programs, there should be Chinese tutors in your area!

+ like Russet said, languages take time to learn, so there's no need to rush ;w;

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • eaten by the trolls that took over the tropics.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: 你们会说普通话吗?(Mandarin Thread? Anyone?)
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2015, 02:01:57 AM »
videovance, that HelloChinese app sounds so useful and yet I'm so certain that I would get everything wrong. ;u;
Seriously though, it took me a couple of months just to be able to say anything in English with confidence. Is there any reason you want to learn the language quickly? o:
:artd: | :chap0::chap1::chap2::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:
Fluent: :uk: :china: :malaysia:
Learning: :japan: :france:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
Re: How to learn Chinese Mandarin fast?
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2015, 01:15:54 PM »
Watching videos does help a lot! I looked on the web just now, and this seems pretty cool?

I wanna check this out now O__O But.... unfinished homework...
*drags themselves away from the thread painfully*
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

kirvel

« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2015, 07:09:26 AM »
我等会儿会去看看那些网站,看起来蛮有用的。我的母语本来应该是中文-汉语是我第一个学的语言。可惜现在有点忘了怎么说了,因为我在中国上美国学校,一直都是讲英文的。我现在不是每天上中文课 ,所以语言能力变差了。
(I'll check out those links later, they seem useful. Chinese is my first language as in I learned it first. But now that I'm taking Spanish at school, my speaking skills are getting worse.)

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2015, 08:32:37 PM »
:china: 嗨,我终于考完试了!! kirvel, 你的中文看来很厉害啊,应该不必担心吧? 我总觉得自己的中文就有点退步了,哈哈! 对了,想问问你们,明年我可以选择继续读中文或者放下这个科目;我读了 9 年的中文,明年应该继续学吗? 说真的,我在这科目已经面对不少问题了,不知道可以不可以再对付更高水准的考试。

:uk: Hey, my exams are finally over!! (: kirvel, your Chinese seems to be quite spectacular, you probably shouldn't be concerned? (although i am admittedly not the best judge) I feel like my Chinese has definitely deteriorated though, haha. Oh, right, I wanted to consult you guys, next year I can either choose to continue taking Chinese as a subject or drop it; I've been learning Chinese for about 9 years in school now, do you guys think I should continue on until graduation? To be honest, I'm already facing quite a few problems in Chinese, I'm not sure if I'm able to face exams of even higher standards.

loki

• Scout
  • santas goin NUTS
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2015, 05:22:12 PM »
你好,大家!我不知道很多中文,可是我要继续薛中文。  我妈妈是中文/台湾人。  i don't know what else to say...or how to.  ugh. sorry for my incompetence.
(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2015, 07:53:30 PM »
:china:你好 loki! :> 别担心,我的中文也不是很好 XD
Russet, 你担心你的成绩吗?或是喜欢中文课?如果你是喜欢, 我说继续-只要准备好

:usa: Hiya, loki! :> Don't worry, my Chinese is terrible XD
Russet, are you worried about grades? Do you like the class? 'Cause if you like it, I say stick with it--just be prepared to put in more hours. If you think it might be too much, dropping it may be a good idea.
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2015, 04:19:18 AM »
:china: 嗨 ,loki! 欢迎来到! 没关系,这儿大家的中文都不是特别好。misea, 其实成绩并不是问题,我有信心若安排时间去温习,读华文并没有那么多难题了,但我始终不能分辨出自己是否喜欢学华文。 :-\

:uk: Hey, loki! Welcome to the Chinese thread! Don't worry about it, nobody here has especially good command of Mandarin. misea, my results aren't actually the problem, I'm pretty confident that I can ace the exam with not much difficulty, but I still can't tell if I enjoy studying Chinese or not.  :-\

elynshi

« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2015, 06:43:49 AM »
嗨,我终于考完试了!! kirvel, 你的中文看来很厉害啊,应该不必担心吧? 我总觉得自己的中文就有点退步了,哈哈! 对了,想问问你们,明年我可以选择继续读中文或者放下这个科目;我读了 9 年的中文,明年应该继续学吗? 说真的,我在这科目已经面对不少问题了,不知道可以不可以再对付更高水准的考试。

:uk: So sorry about the late reply, since my old account (kirvel) somehow got locked! This here is meh new account.
Well, I have no problems with reading and understanding, since my parents speak very very very fluent Mandarin. But when it comes to speaking/writing, my mind is in the state of a potato.
and nOOO don't give up mandarin, it's such a wonderful language! I mean, you've been learning for such a long time! Don't give up, you can do it! *fistpump* *accidentally punches someone in the face*
:china: 我回答得有点晚,真对不起啊。我以前的账户,kirvel, 被锁住了。我也不知道为什么,所以我在注册了一次。
我的理解能力还可以,因为我的父母都和我讲中文。但是我的写作/说话能力就不行了,我的脑袋一片空白!
继续学中文吧,我觉得是个很有趣的语言,也很有用。你都学了这么久了,不要轻易放弃!

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2015, 07:46:29 PM »
:uk: Thanks for the advice! ;u; And maybe you should tell one of the forum people about your locked account? That certainly doesn't seem like a typical occurrence, and we don't want other people to suddenly have their accounts unaccessible.

:china: 感谢你的劝告!;u; 你应该通知别人关于你的账户吧?如果这是个经常发生的事件就可能是网站的问题。

loki

• Scout
  • santas goin NUTS
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2016, 01:09:07 AM »
(a lil late but here) 祝你们新年快乐!!
(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2016, 01:29:49 AM »
新年快乐! Like a week and a half late lol, I haven't been on the forum for a while :o

Lin

• Super-Newbie
  • fwoosh
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2016, 01:27:53 PM »
大家好!今天才發現有國語論壇,原來這

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2016, 11:59:44 AM »
Sorry for both the thread necromancy and if I'm repeating a previous question, but does anyone know of any good websites for learning Mandarin? (I do not have a smartphone, I can't use apps.) I tried Duolingo, but it's not there and there's no sign that it will be at any point in the near future.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18: