Author Topic: 你们会说普通话吗?(Mandarin Thread? Anyone?)  (Read 20540 times)

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
Re: 你们会说普通话吗?(Mandarin Thread? Anyone?)
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2015, 02:44:03 AM »
:china: 我进大学的时候本来想学 computer science, 可是现在我也是在看如果我也想学 linguistics。:) 我不知道如果我是想换专业,弄两个专业,还是别的。是钱的问题;我的大学费是擦不多一半我爸爸一年赚的钱,和我妈妈觉得如果我们的猫好像不生病,就不看兽医 :/ 我们也从来都没带 Tuxi 去看兽医,所以也会很麻烦

:usa: I was accepted as a computer science major, but I'm also looking at linguistics right now :) I'm not sure if I want to change majors, go for a double major, or something else. It's mostly a money problem; my college fees are almost half of what my dad's annual income, but my mom also thinks that if our cat doesn't seem like she's sick that we shouldn't take her to the vet :/ We've never taken Tuxi to the vet before, so it would also be a hassle with paperwork and stuff
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • eaten by the trolls that took over the tropics.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2015, 07:18:04 AM »
:china: 那两个专业都挺有趣喔!我的表姐有个 linguistics 的 major,可是她现在还在读另一个专业(心理学系),如果你读 linguistics 的话好像挺容易找到做翻译者的工作。你以后有兴趣做怎样的工啊?还有,如果你一直喂你的猫吃那特别好吃的食物,会太贵吗?:-\

:uk: Oh, both of those majors sound really interesting! My cousin majored in linguistics, but she's doing a double major (another in psychology). I think if you major in linguistics it's still quite easy to find a job as a translator? What type of career are you interested in after you graduate? (: Oh, and if you continue feeding your cat the deluxe food, is it going to be expensive? :-\
:artd: | :chap0::chap1::chap2::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:
Fluent: :uk: :china: :malaysia:
Learning: :japan: :france:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2015, 11:56:20 PM »
:china: Oooh :O 我不知道我想做什么, 我真天是在想画画 XD 应该不会的

:usa: Oooh :O I don't know what I want to do, all I can think about is art XD It shouldn't be (I hope ._.)

blehhh brain is fried
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

kirvel

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2015, 08:08:02 AM »
你好,我是台湾人,所以我会说中文。(我的英文还是比我的中文好。)很高时认识你 :D

videovance

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2015, 07:58:27 PM »
:china: 欢迎你到这个网站!你应该在这个thread介绍自己,他们很喜欢新的人( • ω • )。
你可以称我慧仁或者videovance,可是我觉得videovance记得更容易,哈哈。(对不起,我的中文非常不好( ̄▽ ̄)")
你为什么不用繁体字吗?我想在台湾,人们学繁体字?
(russet+misea:对不起我常常忘记回复!!囧)

:uk: Welcome to the forums! You should go introduce yourself on this thread- they love new people (and they can help you out with getting around the forums). ( • ω • )
You can call me 慧仁 or videovance, but I think videovance is probably easier to remember, haha. (sorry, my chinese is really bad ( ̄▽ ̄)" )
Sorry if this sounds rude, but just wondering, why don't you use traditional chinese? I thought people learn traditional in Taiwan?
(russet+misea: i'm so sorry I keep forgetting to reply!! 囧)

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2015, 11:50:04 AM »
你好,我是台湾人,所以我会说中文。(我的英文还是比我的中文好。)很高时认识你 :D

:china: 你好!And welcome! 醒了太早(er,太晚 ("7_7) 我应该是在上课) 和我的中文不是很好,所以如果我打错字,你知道为什么 XD
我是叫汤睿婷,或是 misea c:
别单行,video!我们都是很忙,和时间少!

:usa: Hello! And welcome! I woke up too early (er, too late ("7_7) I'm supposed to be in class. Oh, the joys of college) and my Chinese is pretty bad, so if I mistype, you know why XD
I'm 汤睿婷, or misea c:
Don't worry, video! We're all busy, and time is super limited! *pats video*

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2015, 06:42:14 AM »
:china: 欢迎来到这个 forum!我是泽雯,或者 russet, 我是马来西亚人,中文也不太好,哈哈!(虽然我是华人,呵呵。。。)别担忧,videovance,我们真的大家都很忙,我自己也会很少回复,因为考试要到了。

:uk: Welcome to our forum! I'm Russet, I'm Malaysian and my Chinese isn't too spiffy either, haha! (even though I'm chinese, heh). Don't worry, videovance, we're all pretty busy and I reply quite seldomly too, since my exams are coming...

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2015, 04:26:28 AM »
:china: 哦,忘了说,恭喜你升级了,misea! ;) 最近如何?

:uk: Oh, forgot to mention, congrats on ascending to Scout, misea! ;) How's college and the cat?

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2015, 06:22:55 PM »
:china: 谢谢, Russet!'v' 大学是还好!我是停忙的,可是我喜欢我的课 c: 我的猫应该是还好。。。("7_7) *觉得因为妈妈没说猫有问题,猫应该是还好* 你呢?你也是停好吗?:D

:usa: Thankee, Russet! 'v' College is going well! I'm busy, but I like my classes a lot c: My cat should be fine... ("7_7) *thinks that since mom hasn't said anything about cat having problems means that cat is okay* And you? How are you doing? :D

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2015, 04:40:36 AM »
:china: 哦,好啊!(虽然关于你的猫的信息有点令人担心)我最近也挺好!我十月时有个大考,还有我一直太懒惰读书,但除了那以外我都很好。:D 我长久没见的姑姑这周末会从美国回来探望我们,好兴奋哦!

:uk: Good to hear! (although the cat news is slightly worrying) I'm doing pretty well! I have an exam coming up in October and I'm procrastinating too much, but apart from that everything's perfect. :D My aunt is visiting from the States and I haven't seen her in a decade or so, so that's nice.

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2015, 06:52:25 PM »
:china: 那是好!c: 好好学习哦!D: 希望你们有个好的时间在一起 ^u^

:usa: That's good! c: Study hard! D: Hope you, your family, and aunt have a good time together ^u^

rubyliu

• Super-Newbie
How to learn Chinese Mandarin fast?
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2015, 04:46:43 AM »
I've been trying for a while now to try and learn new languages, not really knowing how. Mandarin wouldn't be the first language I've been trying to learn. I've grown up around American and I'm currently trying to learn Chinese. People have said that the best way to learn a language is by getting a tutor, so if anyone has a good tutor please say so. If anyone knows a better way to learn Mandarin, please feel free to leave any suggestions.

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
Re: How to learn Chinese Mandarin fast?
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2015, 06:58:36 AM »
Hi there! Spoken Mandarin is a pretty easy language to learn since there aren't many weird grammatical structures like in English (for example, in Chinese when you want to say something happened yesterday, you just stick yesterday somewhere into the sentence and it should work fine, whereas in English you have to change all the tenses as well). So you could probably make do with online videos or something?

However, written Mandarin is pretty difficult, since with English even if I made up a word on the spot, say.. "sigulvurner!", you would still have a pretty solid idea of how to pronounce that, whereas with written Mandarin the words give no indication of how they're pronounced, so you need to memorise the pronunciation of every single individual word. If you're trying to learn written Mandarin, maybe getting a tutor would be wise. However, for both spoken and written Mandarin, it might be better to have someone familiar with the language show you the ropes.

Besides, languages take some time to learn, so there's no rush, you should take your time!

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2015, 11:41:25 AM »
I've been trying for a while now to try and learn new languages, not really knowing how. Mandarin wouldn't be the first language I've been trying to learn. I've grown up around American and I'm currently trying to learn Chinese. People have said that the best way to learn a language is by getting a tutor, so if anyone has a good tutor please say so. If anyone knows a better way to learn Mandarin, please feel free to leave any suggestions.

Hi, Ruby.  Welcome to the Forum! 
I apologize for making my first response to you a redirection, but do you mind if I merge this thread in with our existing Mandarin thread? I'm one of the content moderators here, and we try not to have too many overlapping threads.

Meanwhile, can I persuade you to introduce yourself on the Introduction Thread?  We're friendly here, and it's a great way to find other people here who share your interests.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2015, 02:57:40 PM »
Helloooo rubyliu! :D I... I can't really help you (why am I commenting in the first place) but this might be helpful? Maybe?? To be honest I haven't used these links in a year, so I can't verify the accuracy (and even if I did you'd have to take it with a grain of salt as I'm not fluent T_T). I think it was sorta okay?

Chinese Tutor (Flashcards)
Chinese Tutor (Speaking)