Author Topic: 你们会说普通话吗?(Mandarin Thread? Anyone?)  (Read 20408 times)

videovance

Re: 你们会说普通话吗?(Mandarin Thread? Anyone?)
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 06:22:56 AM »
:china: 我的中文老师往往批评我缺少成语的心里词典(可是我其实不知道任何成语)

:uk: My Chinese teacher always criticizes my small chengyu lexicon (but I don't actually know any chengyu) ehehehehe

AHAHAHA oh my god I love the 'hella' examples (got to the verb before I was like "wait a gosh darned second here") (also I am absolutely going to use hellameter as a measurement now)
I can absolutely confirm, 140%, that those Aussie tumblr posts are completely accurate aaahahha (i love the Finding Nemo one too ehehe)

The page was pretty freaky but I feel like I'm becoming more immune to all the beast and troll nightmare fuel (but ceiling-pug still freaks me out ehehehe;;;; )

And wHAT THE HECK, YOU FINISHED IT IN ONLY A FEW DAYS?? goodness gracious that's speedy. That lineart is impeccable and I feel so bad you had to draw those crazy detailed uniforms (how the heck does minna do it every day) but the results for both the coloured and uncoloured ones are spectacular!!
Yeah, finding some solid refs for each character is super difficult. i mean have you seen how reynir's coat changes slightly per page i swear to god

Lars_B

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Resident Domovai
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 10:59:06 AM »
Ohh!  A Thread for Mandarin!

I don't speak any and only survived 5 weeks in China by my skills in interpretive dancing (yes I lost a lot of weight)

Anyways! I'm making a list of Sigruns famous "How hard can it be?" http://sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=191 in different languages and if anybody would like to give the translation in Mandarin it would be awesome (or most best)

Thanks!

/Lars
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Stumbling trough: :sweden:
:chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 06:09:27 PM »
:china: 我是乱学中文。 下时候我的妈妈要我上一个中文学校,可是那个学校很快就没了。

:usa: I just kind of dabble in learning Chinese. When I was a kid my mom had me go to a Chinese school, but it quickly fell apart (it was really small--just me, my sibling, and two sisters, and the sisters moved away so :I).

If you go through the series, the posts about America are absolutely 100% accurate (maybe like 200%). XD

I still can't look at Tooth Scary, that page is a page from nightmares. Whenever I think about that page I just go NOPE and start binging on cheerful webcomics (but NONE OF THEM ARE CHEERFUL I SWEAR EVERYTHING IS GOING DOWN THE DRAIN IN EVERY WEBCOMIC I READ (250+, I kid you not, I've counted) WHY)

I literally just drew when I wasn't eating or sleeping; I have never been so motivated to draw (and finish) something in my life. I don't even remember exactly how long it took me to finish that thing (coloring and linearting); it was probably more like three and a half days. o__0 Hehe, thanks! ;v;

Lalli's mage outfit changed a leeeeeetle too, I noticed it this morning when I was doing some sketches and going through older pages for refs. It's really just the sleeves as far as I can tell.

@Lars Hahaha! I went back for the first time five years ago and in the month I stayed there I lost ten hard-earned pounds *sobs*   As for the translation, it would be "他会有多难呢?" Hope that helps! :)
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Lars_B

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Resident Domovai
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2015, 01:00:36 AM »
Thank you Misea! and yea Minnas monsters are truly terrifying! but just ask yourself! What Would Sigrun Do?
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Stumbling trough: :sweden:
:chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

videovance

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2015, 01:45:49 AM »
:china: 我要学习中文的原为是我父母都讲流利的中文,但是他们没有较我。所以我选择在学校较中文----我也不要学习法文,哈哈哈。 我的妈妈也要我去去中文补习班(很可怕!!!)可是我说服她没注册我。( •̀ ω •́ )y

:uk: I wanted to study Chinese because my parents are both fluent, but they didn't teach it to me (or my siblings, for that matter). Because of that, I decided to choose to learn Chinese for school ---- (mostly because) I didn't want to learn French, ahaha.
My mom also wanted me to go to Chinese Buxiban (so scary!!!) but I convinced her not to sign me up. ( •̀ ω •́ )y

oVER 250+ WHAT (is this some kind of bad-things-are-a'brewing time for webcomics??? (also do you have any recommendations)) and yeah I saw that Lalli's uniform (and kind of all of them?) keep changing bit by bit. [s o b s] they're already so difficult to draw, why thisssss

Lars_B: That sounds super cool, good luck!! And 睿婷, do you think it should be 它 rather than 他?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 01:53:08 AM by videovance »

videovance

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2015, 01:52:31 AM »
哇,我们就在第两个页!! ( • O • )!

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2015, 03:13:53 AM »
:china: 我的妈妈是教我很多,可是通常是夏天的时候。我容易头晕,所以夏天的时候我会很不耐烦的。对不起妈妈 >.<
可是法语是好玩的!和很好听 D: :france: POURQUOI? :c 还是法语老师 和/或学生不好?我的高中那些西班牙语的老师是还可以,可是有很多学生很懒和不想学 (哎,在澳洲你们是需要上别的语文课才毕业吗?在美国很多高中学校是这样子的;在我的,我们至少需要上两年,可是他们说最好上三年。 我上了四年的法语课应为我是疯 我很爱法语。)我爸爸想要我学西班牙语;我赢了。XD

:usa: My mom taught me a lot, but it would usually be in the summer. I get dizzy really easily, so I'm very impatient and easily irritated in the summer. Sorry Mom >.<
BUT FRENCH IS SO MUCH FUN! AND PRETTY SOUNDING D: POURQUOI? :c Unless the French teacher(s) and/or students were bad? At my high school the Spanish teachers were okay, but a lot of the students were lazy and didn't want to learn (by the way, is taking a language mandatory in Australia for graduation? It's a thing in a lot of U.S. high schools; at mine, we had to take at least two years, but three was recommended. I took four years of French 'cause I'm crazy l love French a lot). My dad wanted me to learn Spanish; I won. XD

HAHAHA I just love good stories and good art, and the two together is absolutely lethal for me. SO MANY RECOMMENDATIONS YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO SIT DOWN FOR THIS AND JUST ABSORB HOLD ON LET ME DIG THROUGH MY BOOKMARKS AND TAPASTIC FOR MY FAVES AND SORRY IF I PUT SOME HERE THAT YOU ALREADY READ D: (I might have to make multiple posts if there's a character/word limit for posts)
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2015, 03:58:33 AM »
I'm sorry Videovance this is hella long (see what I did there) but THERE'S TOO MANY GOOD COMICS I CAN'T NARROW THIS STUFF DOWN I'm telling you, you've unleashed a monster

Also Tapastic is like a ginormous version of Hiveworks (but not as supportive) in case you didn't know (you might know) and you'll have to make an account to access them but SO MANY TO GO THROUGH I'm following close to 100 comics on there

Webcomic Recommendations:

White Noise: Fantasy, multiverse, updates Sunday

No End: Post-apocalypse, MOGAI/LGBTQIA+, updates w/ multiple pages Sunday

Cucumber Quest: Fantasy, adorable anthropomorphic bunnies, updates 2-3 times a week (usually TuThSat-ish)

Gunnerkrigg Court: Sci-fi/fantasy, updates MWF, WONDERFUL plot, already in like the fifty- or sixtieth-something chapter, art at the beginning might make you cringe a little depending but YOU GOTTA READ THIS

M.F.K.: Fantasy, some PoC cast, uber cool art and story <3, updates M

Fine Sometimes Rain: Slice of life, tackles mental illness (YES REPRESENTATION I NEED MORE), trigger warnings for depression and anxiety and a death not really featured in the comic, manga style, really sweet, updates MW

Harpy Gee (didja see what the author/artist did there): Fantasy, AMAZING STORY AMAZING ART (the author/artist actually worked on Teen Titans for a while), ABSOLUTELY HEARTWARMING 20/10 WOULD RECOMMEND, updates Sunday or Monday

The Black Bull of Norroway (Tapastic): Unique take on an old (German?) fairy tale I love, don't remember when it updates

Blindsprings: Fantasy, PRETTY ART DHSDFF, awesome story, updates TuThSat (Sat updates are new and author/artist is still adjusting)

Namesake: Fantasy/slice of life (ish), MUST REAAAAAD, CUTE ART, CUTE CHARACTERS (AND POC CAST), ADORABLE SHIPS, updates TuThSat (Sat updates currently little minicomics b/c artist has some family stuff that came up)

Witchy: CAN I SAY I LOVE THIS ONE A LOT Fantasy, great storyline, SIX PAGES COMING NEXT WEEK I'M SCREAMING (usually updates Tues with one page)

Saint for Rent: Sci-fi (time-travelling, really), slightly baffling but amazing, updates TuF

Alice and the Nightmare: Fantasy (and obviously based off of Alice in Wonderland, but with a huge twist), updates TuF, recently rebooted so you'll probably catch up in like 30 minutes, CUTE CHARACTERS I CAN'T

Monster Pop!: Fantasy/slice of life, currently on hiatus for con season (something like that)

Far to the North: Another adaptation of one of my favorite fairy tales--have you read East of the Sun and West of the Moon? It's based off of that, updates W, launched like two months ago so plot's just starting to roooooll

Suihira: The City of Water: Fantasy, beautiful worldbuilding, updates W (and Sun? not sure)

Fey Winds: Fantasy, GOOD GOD I LOVE THIS COMIC, an epic/spoof, trigger warnings for some blood and gore (not a ton but just in case), updates Thurs

One-Halfed: Slice of life, OH MY GOD THIS COMIC STABS YOU AND RIPS YOUR HEART OUT AND THEN WRENCHES YOUR GUT AND MAKES YOU CRY YOUR WEIGHT IN TEARS BUT IT'S SO GOOD, tackles a lot of difficult issues in the most beautiful and subtle and heart-wringing way (trigger warning for cutting and depression and a little bullying and anxiety fueled by bullying, but I'd also tag parental/guardian neglect (is that a trigger? Idk)), currently on hiatus (I think the author takes a few months to plan a chapter so idk when/if it'll update again)

balderdash! or, a tale of two witches: Fantasy, CUTE ART CUTE STORY FLAILING, updates F

The House on the Cliff: Fantasy/slice of life-ish, PoC cast, MOGAI, updates F, currently on hiatus for chapter planning

Under the Aegis (LINE Webtoons): Fantasy, cute art, updates Sat

Les Amis de L'ABC: Modern-day adaption of Les Mis with some twists, author is a college student from Melbourne (yes I kid you not), updates whenever possible, beautiful art

Above the Clouds: Historical fiction-y, mostly wordless (and that much more powerful), gorgeous style, currently on hiatus for chapter planning but will be starting Chapter 4 soon

Kings Folly: Fantasy, gorgeous art, updates M but some issues with the author/artist's tablet so updates are kinda sporadic

Miss Abbott and the doctor (Tapastic): Romance/historical fiction, adorable, updates kinda whenever

Tigress Queen (Tapastic): Fantasy, HELL YES, written and drawn by the same person who writes and draws Far to the North, updates F

Cénit (Tapastic): Fantasy, pretty art, updates sporadic (I think the author/artist is in the hospital/sick)

Toxic for You (Tapastic): BL/MOGAI/slice of life-ish, slightly NSFW (but there'll be warnings for those episodes), updates Sat but author/artist is having some trouble with her hands, has promised to resume this Sat

Fisheye Placebo (Tapastic): AMAZING ART, futuristic/dystopian/activist (I know that's not a genre but it seems fitting), hasn't updated in a year but the artist is AMAZING and on dA go check her out

Knite (dA): Activist/slice of life-ish, written and drawn by the same person who does Fisheye Placebo, also hasn't updated in a while

No Need for Bushido: Historical fiction with some not-so-historical stuff, almost completely PoC cast (OF ASIANS I'M SCREAMING), updates Tues

Technicolor London: BL, really not NSFW except for a couple of scenes, updates MWF, trigger warnings for some mentions of abuse in the recent pages

Go Get a Roomie: MOGAI as hell sO MUCH MOGAI REPRESENTATION I'M CRYING, updates MWF

Grey is...: Manga, slice of life, I'VE CRIED BUCKETS READING THIS BUT IT TAKES THE FREAKING PRIZE OF THEM ALL I CAN'T EVEN EXPLAIN HOW MASTERFULLY THE AUTHOR/ARTIST SHAPES THE STORY WITH HER ART AND WRITING, tackles a LOT of tough stuff (like amnesia, and trigger warnings for blood, anxiety, suicidal tendencies, maybe epilepsy (not sure but the transition between some panels might trigger it), abusive relationships, emotional manipulation), updates Sat I WANNA SCREAM ABOUT THIS COMIC FROM THE ROOFTOPS SDHFSDHFDSHFSDHFAKJFLDSJLfj

Also I recounted and I have bookmarked exactly 240 comics, but I'd deleted a lot in March, when I had 280+ (it was terrible) and out of the 240 comics I think about 130-200 of them are active or on-a-hiatus-and-definitely-will-return
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 02:07:42 PM by misea »

videovance

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2015, 09:26:24 AM »
:china: 哇,我惋惜你的妈妈!jkjkjk
:france: Desoleé, je ne comprend pas Français!
:china: 我同意你说话,法文听到漂亮了,可是我不要学习法文!法文困难太高!!你需要学性别名词、动词时态、共轭话等等。较法文?没门儿!我的语言基本功很少,法文太难得 ( ̄◇ ̄;) 我也很倔强了,只要学中文。
我学校的法文老师都很好(我希望了!)。在我的学校,第一喜欢学习的外语是法文,第二是西班牙语,第三是汉语,最后是日语。在澳洲学校从幼教到十年级,我们需要上别的语文课,在十一年纪到十二年级,我们不需要任何语文。可是,学生大部分要至少一个外语课学习,因为这边课被我们最终结果提高。

:uk: Wow, I feel sorry for your mum! Jkjkjk you seem like a lovely person
I agree, French is really pretty-sounding, but I still don't want to learn it! French is a super difficult language!! You have to learn gendered nouns, verb tenses, conjugate words, et cetera. There's no way I could learn French! My ability to learn languages is really low, and French is toooooo haaaarrrddddd ( ̄◇ ̄;) I'm also pretty stubborn- I only want to learn Chinese. (I'm crazy stubborn about this)
My school has pretty good French teachers (I hope)! At my school, French is the most popular learnt language, then Spanish, then Chinese, and lastly Japanese. From pre-school to year 10 in Australia, we need to be doing at least one language. From Year 11 to 12, though, we don't have to anymore. However, the majority of students will still take a language, because our final scores are increased by taking a language.

Ohhhhhh lordy, that's a long list of webcomics. I've read a few of those already, like CucuQuest and Gunnerkrigg and Namesake (bc my sister is utterly obsessed with Namesake- I swear, she's probably their literal #1 fan). Yuumei's comics are really pretty too 0u0
Have you ever read Paranatural? It's hilarious and I seriously recommend it. You should add it to the other 240 webcomics pile ahahahaha //sobs
I'm gONNA TRY LOOKING AT ALL OF THESE EVEN IF IT MEANS I DON'T SLEEP EVER AGAIN [gives up almost immediately]

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2015, 03:43:49 PM »
:china: 对不起, 我忘记那个远影 :/

:usa: Sorry, I forgot about that reason :/

YES I read Paranatural! I cry laughing like every page, the expressions are the best. XD Do you read Agents of the Realm? It's super cute! AND PLUME. I FORGOT ABOUT PLUME. SHAME ON ME.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 05:18:57 AM by misea »

videovance

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2015, 06:11:33 AM »
:china: 没有关系,回头看我的答案,我发现我讲的说不太明白。我学习中文是很固执的,因为大部分鬼佬的同学们学习法文、中文课大多被中国人注册、所以人们常常问,我为什么不学法文或者西班牙语?你看上去好像一个白人,所以你当然不能学中文,对不对?我同意他们的看法,我不看上去混血儿,因此人们都认为我也是一个鬼佬。我生气不得了,就决定了,“我必须变得流利!”。但是,因为我不要学另外的语言,我的语言基本功很少,而且学法文很难的。成为中文流利的以后,我可能会学法文! ;w;

:uk: (sorry for the long rant, I didn't mean to be so rude and dismissive about French earlier ;A; so like. here is the real reason why I don't learn it? it took me like an entire day to consider if i should actually post this ahahaha //sobs)

Spoiler: show
It's okay, looking back at my answer, I realised I didn't explain myself clearly. The reason why I'm really stubborn about learning Chinese is because, well, all of the gweilos learnt French (or Spanish!) and in Chinese class, it was mostly just Chinese kids learning it, so people always asked me "Hey, why don't you learn French or Spanish instead? You look like a white person, so you obviously can't learn Chinese, right?" (in a kind of round-about way! Though, one girl actually just said to my face "You really should have learnt Spanish instead of Chinese- it's really weird that you're in our class, you know?") I guess I agree with them- I don't look like a halfie, so people thought I was just a gweilo. I got really really angry about it, so I decided, "I must become fluent in Chinese!". But because of the fact that I've never learnt another language from Chinese, my language abilities are pretty shocking, so French is really difficult to me. But who knows, maybe after I become fluent at Chinese, I'll learn French! ;w;

So yeah, a lot of why I learn Chinese is to prove myself? I dunno, it's just really weird to have people assume that I can't know Chinese because I'm a white-lookin' kid, and that people don't believe my mum is my mum (because, you guessed it, she's Chinese! Dang! No way she could be my mum, right?? e u g h) and that I'm generally "not Chinese enough", y'know? pretty nasty stuff. But I really do think French is a beautiful language, and I might learn it when I'm older. ;w;

It's really cool you love learning French though!! And yeah patterns and puzzles are the best, I haven't gotten the hang of the patterns in languages yet ehehehe. Did you do French immersion??? :O dANG THAT'S IMPRESSIVE BRO (even if you don't think it was really good)

Paranatural is great and basically my life goal is to make as many people read it as possible ehEHEHEHE
Oh no I haven't read either of those! I'll add it to the list you have. Oh my god i'm never getting though these (rest in pieces @me)

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2015, 12:58:20 AM »
:china: 没关系的!c: 我是觉得你是有一个好的理由不学习法语。AKFHJDSHFSDF MY CHINESE IS SO LIMITED

:usa: It's nothing! c: I figured you had a good reason for not learning French, and I meant it as a joking kind of thing (sorry, my sense of humor tends more towards the sarcastic and deadpan side so it probably didn't really come out well ("7_7) )

EY, DON'T BE SORRY. :) YOU SHOW THEM WHAT YOU'RE MADE OF >:D As tumblr poet inkskinned said, "[You were] born dragon."DESTROY THOSE STEREOTYPES. OR, LIKE SIGRUN SAID, "KILL THEM DEAD." ("Them" being stereotypes.) I think it's ridiculous that people base learning on appearance. Like, skee-use you to those people. There are plenty of white and white-passing people who speak, read, AND write Chinese better than I (who looks Asian) can (WAY BETTER than I can, it's kinda scary but also really cool). And anyone who tells you you're "not Chinese enough" obviously has not met enough full- and part-Chinese kids in non-Chinese countries; we're on a spectrum of appearances and cultural identity and not their ridiculously tiny idea of what being Chinese is and who can identify as Chinese or white or whatever culturally and racially. (insert one of my wat-r-u-doing faces here @ those people) I look Vietnamese even though my parents are from China (I'm pretty sure it's just 'cause of the climate in southern China, but who knows). One of my Chinese friends (who "looks Chinese") acts more American than Chinese. Honestly, I don't feel Chinese or American, because I'm Chinese American (doesn't matter that I have fully Chinese parents). White people assume I'm super Chinese and Chinese people look at me and think I'm super American. Identity is a result of cultural and social exposure as well as ethnicity and idk why people can't get these ideas through their heads -__- Ahahaha that kinda turned into a rant whoops

Haha, thanks! :) I thank my high school French teacher for that. And for having textbooks the first three years, that sped up my learning a lot. XD (I did the whole I'm-bored-let's-look-ahead-in-the-book routine)

Hahaha, I have a bad habit of suddenly wanting to read more webcomics and spending a day just searching for new ones. But I built my pile up slowly, like over three years or so. If you still want to tackle that ginormous list, I would suggest the Tigress Queen and/or Far to the North, Witchy, and Alice and the Nightmare, they're some of the shortest on that list (Tigress Queen has ~50 pages, FttN ~20-30, Witchy ~100, AatN ~37 because reboot). Oh hey, that's a good way to narrow down webcomics. I should've done that when I made that list XD

Shihchuan

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2015, 12:45:15 AM »
哇,竟然有中文的討論串!真是太開心了!XD
哇,竟然有中文的讨论串!真是太开心了!XD
Wow, a Chinese thread! I'm thrilled! XD

如大家所見,我來自台灣,所以我平常習慣寫繁體字(但在電腦上轉換很容易),而且我的一些用語可能也跟大家習慣或學過的不太一樣。不論如何,如果大家有需要的話,我很樂意幫忙(回答問題或檢查句子)。:)
如大家所见,我来自台湾,所以我平常习惯写繁体字(但在计算机上转换很容易),而且我的一些用语可能也跟大家习惯或学过的不太一样。不论如何,如果大家有需要的话,我很乐意帮忙(回答问题或检查句子)。:)
As you can see I'm from Taiwan, so I ordinarily write in traditional characters (though on computer it's no problem to convert to simplified characters), and some of my vocabulary might be a little bit different from what you're used to or what you learned. Still, I'd be happy to help (answering questions or checking sentences) that I can if you guys ever need it. :)

@Lars_B: for "How hard can it be?" I would translate it as "那會有多難/那会有多难?" or 那能有多難/那能有多难?" (it seems that we Taiwanese really don't use 呢 that often)

While we're on the subject of webcomics recommendation......

- Mare Internum: relatably angsty characters in a Mars settlement setting
- Next Town Over: steampunk western with gorgeous art
- Stick in the Mud: when life gives you an accidently-bought-after-drunk dungeon bar, you...
- Wilde Life: just a guy, who happens to go live in a town where everyone he meets is a bit...out of the ordinary
- Carbon Dating: pseudoscience debunking slice of life, thought-provoking and fun!
- Demon of the Underground: great art and fun as hell character interaction in an otherwise ruthless underworld
- Yellow Peril: super fun office romance and hijinks with some prominent Asian American protagonists
- Relativity: a relationship du-/complicated by space travel
- Selkie: this one tackles so many delicate human interaction issues so well, I can't even begin
- Easy: about accepting oneself
- Think Before You Think: what happens if you can read others' mind? Literally.
- Muddlers Beat: slice of life comics surrounding ordinary straight, gay and trans people; gives off a heartwarming vibe
- O Human Star: in a world where human and robots coexist, past relationship can return in unexpected ways...
- Daughter of the Lilies: fantasy comic with one of the protagonists being a mage whose specialty is......flowers (and who wears a hood much more concealing than Lalli's)
- The Black Wall: in which every corner of the city is under heavy, state-of-the-art surveillance
- Let's Speak English: First-person stories of an English teacher in Japan.

Some that I haven't caught up/started but seem interesting enough: Judecca, Family Man, Cochlea & Eustachia

Btw, just a quick comment on videovance's word choice of "鬼佬".....yikes, kinda harsh don't you think? :p (it being a Cantonese derogatory slang for foreigners - just ignore me if you already know that)
Mother tongue: Mandarin (:taiwan: :whynoflagfortaiwan:)
Acceptable fluency: :usa: :france:
Medium fluency: :japan:, Taiwanese
Beginner: :germany: :turkey:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2015, 01:49:00 AM »
:china: 你好!c: 你是学了繁体和简体?在美国我们用简体很多,所以繁体有的时候对我难练。XD

:usa: Hi! c: Did you learn both traditional and simplified? We mostly use simplified in America, so traditional is sometimes hard for me to read. XD Then again, I still have trouble with simplified. T_T

I read Wilde Life and Daughter of the Lilies too! The suspense! o.o And I used to read Yellow Peril. I've been checking on it every once in a while, but it seems the author/artist has too much on his plate right now for updates.

WAIT DOES ANYONE WANT TO SCREAM ABOUT GUNNERKRIGG COURT AND NAMESAKE WITH ME BECAUSE THE LATEST CHAPTERS ARE JUST NO. I'M UP FOR SCREAMING ABOUT OTHER WEBCOMICS TOO

Shihchuan

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2015, 07:44:40 AM »
中文是我的母語,我從小學的是繁體;一開始接觸簡體會不太習慣,不過久了讀起來就沒有太大的困難了。:) 聽說先學簡體再接觸繁體的人會比較辛苦?
中文是我的母语,我从小学的是繁体;一开始接触简体会不太习惯,不过久了读起来就没有太大的困难了。:) 听说先学简体再接触繁体的人会比较辛苦?

Mandarin is my mother tongue, and traditional characters are what I learned as a child; it took some time for me to get accustomed to simplified characters when I first encountered it, but after a while I don't have too much trouble reading it. :) I've heard that it's harder for people who learned simplified characters first to encounter traditional characters later?

I just started Gunnerkrigg Court, so unfortunately I can't scream with you about the latest chapter but I WILL SCREAM WITH YOU ANYWAY WHEN AM I SUPPOSED TO FINALLY CATCH UP
Mother tongue: Mandarin (:taiwan: :whynoflagfortaiwan:)
Acceptable fluency: :usa: :france:
Medium fluency: :japan:, Taiwanese
Beginner: :germany: :turkey: