Author Topic: 你们会说普通话吗?(Mandarin Thread? Anyone?)  (Read 20405 times)

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
你们会说普通话吗?(Mandarin Thread? Anyone?)
« on: April 29, 2015, 06:45:37 AM »
大家好! 我叫卢道明, 我学普通话在中学生。 认识你很高兴!

(English: Hello everyone! I'm 卢道明, I study mandarin at my high school. It's nice to meet you all!)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 10:21:04 AM by amaranthineamusement »
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

ruth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • pining for the fjords
Re: 你们会说普通话吗?(Mandarin Thread? Anyone?)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 10:12:31 AM »
卢道明你好!我叫路得。我不会说普通话好,但是我会读中文一点点。
Principal mouthnoises: :spain: :uk: :norway:

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 10:17:22 AM »
卢道明你好!我叫路得。我不会说普通话好,但是我会读中文一点点。
你好路得!你学中文在哪里?

(English: Hello 路得! Where did you learn Chinese?)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 10:21:46 AM by amaranthineamusement »

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

ruth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • pining for the fjords
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 10:29:00 AM »
:china: 呣,我在大学的时候学中文一点点自己。但是我没修的课。你呢?

:uk: hmm, when i was in university i learned a little on my own. but i didn't take any classes. what about you?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 10:32:32 AM by ruth »

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 01:26:25 PM »
我五年学中文在我学生,可是我不太会说中文。你的大学在哪里?你的大学在不在中国?

(English: I've been learning Chinese for five years at school, but I still can't speak it very well. Where was your university, was it in china?)

ruth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • pining for the fjords
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 04:51:24 PM »
:china: 不在,大学在加拿大。如果大学在中国我就学普通话多多了! 实话实说,我要会说什么的话得有字典。但我更要练!

:uk: no, it's in canada. if it was in china i would have learned much more! to tell the truth, when i want to say much of anything i really need a dictionary.  :-[ but, i want to practise more!

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 06:53:33 AM »
路得和卢道明, 你们好!我叫汤睿婷. 我的父母是中国人所以我是学(还是继续学),可是我读和写的不是特别好 (我没有好的标准所以 :|)。打字是跟我读书擦不多。对不起卢道明,我觉得你是想写 “学校”; “学生” 是 “student” 在英文。

:usa: Hello, 路得 and 卢道明! I'm 汤睿婷. My parents are Chinese so I learned Mandarin, but my reading and writing skills are rudimentary (I don't have a good gauge so :|). Typing is about the same as reading. Sorry 卢道明, I think you meant to type “学校”; “学生” is "student"--

Unless my knowledge of Chinese is rather outdated/formal :I (I'm too tired to write a Chinese translation of this, sorry =__=)
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

videovance

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 09:11:10 AM »
:china: 大家好!我叫柯慧仁。我的父母都讲中文(妈妈是华人、爸爸在大学学习中文)。但是你可以看到,我的中文不流利!
我无聊的问题:你们住在哪儿?(哪里?我忘记了。。。wwwww) 我住在澳洲!

:uk: Hello everyone! My name is 柯慧仁. My parents both speak Chinese (Mum's Chinese, Dad learnt Chinese at university). But you can see, my Chinese is not fluent!
My boring question: Where do you live? (哪里? I forgot... lololol) I live in Australia!

Please tell me if I make mistakes! My Chinese is so bad (sobs)

Oh, and some explanations:
哪里 vs 哪儿: I always say "na'r" when speaking, but I don't actually know if it's okay to write it down :0. It means "where" either way. I guess "na'r" is more colloquial!

华人: I'm 60% certain this is specific terminology for a person who is Chinese, but doesn't live in China. i might be wRONG DON'T QUOTE ME AHAHAHaaaaa

"wwwww": This means "lol", pretty much. (It might be a Japanese thing though? Whoops!)

Other cute online slang:
"233333" : Laughing. Say it out loud, it's like "er san san san ..." which kind of sounds like laughter?
"3q" : Thanks! I'm not sure if people use this much anymore, my friends used to use it all the time. Try saying it out loud as "san" and "q" - it sounds like "thank you"! It is so cute aahhhhhh
"8888888" : Applause! This... might be a Japanese thing too, ehehe;;;

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 08:28:36 PM »
:china: 你好,柯慧仁!我住在加州。没关系,我的中文也是很差的。XD 我六岁的时候的中文比现在的中文好。

:usa: Hello, 柯慧仁! I live in California. It's okay, my Chinese is godawful too. XD My Chinese when I was six years old is better than my Chinese now.

I say both "na li" and "na er" when speaking. I think they're both okay written?
Hahaha, I'm about as sure as you on "华人"!
I don't really keep in contact with my family in China so Chinese online slang totally flies over my head.

Fun fact: We call Sacramento "三块馒头".
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

videovance

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 10:49:26 PM »
:china: 我觉得你现在的中文非常好。 ;w;
加州是很酷了!!因为你在加州,你已经在暑假还是做了考试吗?澳洲跟美国的学制不一样,我们依然在学校的时候。( ╯□╰ )

(“三块馒头”呢?真的吗?好可爱!!)

:uk: I think your Chinese is really good now. ;w;
California is so cool!! Since you're in California, have you already gone into summer holidays, or are you still doing exams? Australia's schooling system is different to the US, so we're still in school. ( ╯□╰ )

("Three steamed buns"? Really? That's so cute!!)

That is actually the cutest thing thoughhhhh. [would you say your anaconda always wants some because you got buns //smacked]
Well, most of the slang I learnt was from a buddy a few years ago, so it might be outdated :0 so it's probably best we don't use it ahahaha

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 06:27:52 AM »
:china: 谢谢!你的中文也是很好的!:)
哈哈,我觉得澳洲是很酷 (和很可怕 D:), 我已经放假一个月了;我上的大学是挺难的,可是我们也是早放假。你们是什么时候放假呢?

:usa: Thank you! Your Chinese is really good too! :)
Haha, I think that Australia's really cool (and really scary D:). I've been on summer vacation for a month now; the college I go to is really difficult, but we get out early. When do you get out for the summer?

Are you talking about Chinese slang or American slang? I'm gonna go with American. Sorry, it's like 3:30 a.m. here and I'm hella tired but I refuse to go to sleep before sunrise after seeing that update HAHAHA XD no, but where I'm from (Northern California, specifically the Bay Area), we say "hella" a lot. SoCal people make fun of us for it. If you're one of those people who pick up new slang by saying them ironically, you're in for a doozy. "Hella" can apparently be used as any grammatical unit of a sentence, I kid you not--someone from my university made a loooooong post explaining how to use "hella" correctly, and there were like 17 different ways. We mostly use it as another way to say "very" though. It's not exclusive to NorCal; there's parts of Texas and the South and other states that use it. I can't really think of any other slang that comes to mind.

videovance

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 08:46:54 AM »
:china: 澳洲不太可怕!我们其实有很多可爱本土的动物。。。可是,我同意你的看法—澳洲的总理很可怕地!!!
你很幸运的,我们的校年在早的十二月结束了。在澳洲,夏天从十二月到二月保持了。 半年去!
("保持"错的吗?不知道)
:uk: Australia isn't scary! We actually have a lot of cute native animals... but I gotta agree with you that there's some scary parts- our prime minister is terrifying!!
You're really lucky, our school year ends in early December. In Australia, summer is from December to February. Half a year to go!
(Is “保持” wrong? I don't know)

Ahahahaha, I actually meant Chinese slang! We use "hella" too- at least, I do (probably exposure to the internet ehehehe) but not as much recently. It's hella rare to hear it, because people use it sparingly and ironically. It's a hella word. I only know how to use it in two ways i'M SORRY @ YOUR UNIVERSITY BUDDY
Though, here's cool Aussie slang to match: We don't say McDonalds, we say Maccas. E.g. "i'm on a maccas run" is pretty much the equivalent to going down for a cheeky nandos for a bite.

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 02:08:06 AM »
:china: 哈哈,我可能听人讲澳洲的可怕的动物太多。我同意-你们的总理是很可怕的!
我忘记澳洲的夏天是加州的冬天 XD(我也不知道如果 ”保持“ 是对的,好像不食-如果 Google Translate 食对的 :P

:usa: Haha, I probably listened to people talking about Australia's scary animals too much. I agree--your Prime Minister is scary!

I don't think we have any particular Chinese slang, just a lot of traditional sayings. My family uses Chinglish/switching between languages between replies a lot though. Hahaha, I've only really heard "hella" used for "very"! It was a shock to me when I saw that post. I don't use a ton of slang though so :B

videovance

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 07:19:08 AM »
:china: 我常常忘记了澳洲和美国的夏天的时候不一样 ( • O • )
啊,你的家经常使用成语吗?如果对了,你很了不起!!

(哈哈哈我也从《google translate》找到“保持”,但是我信不过那个网)
eeeuuuggghh,蜘蛛狗很可怕,我不可能睡觉

:uk: I constantly forget summertime in Australia and the US is different :0
Whoa, does your family often use chengyu? If yes, you're really amazing!!
(Hahaha I also found "保持" from Google Translate, but I don't trust that site) (so dodge)

I kind of want to see how else it can be used 0u0!! And, jeez, isn't the spider dog terrifying?? I am so not going to be able to sleep tonight. At least Emil is hilarious to look at ahahahaha
[also i saw your art and it is so pretty oh my goshhh]

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 06:08:10 PM »
:china: 我的父母通常用成语,可是我闹忘记 XD 我小时候记得好多;现在我用不了成语 T_T

:usa: My parents use idioms and sayins a lot, but I forget them XD When I was younger I could remember a lot (apparently I spewed them at like four years old???); now I can't use any T_T

Hahaha, I found some of it! Here:
It actually is every part of speech.... :
adverb: This s*** is hella rad.
determiner: I've got hella swag.
adjective: I'm feeling hella today.
interjection: Hella!
noun: Your life needs a little more hella in it.
verb: You wish you could hella like me.
pronoun: Hella's going to the gay pride parade next week.
conjunction: Just relax, hella pass the weed.
preposition: I'm gonna take a nap hella Memorial Glade.

So...

How far did you get before calling bulls***?

And this exchange:
Person 1: apparently you can string hellas together for more emphasis?
               like something is "hella hellllllla crazy"
               ...the people up here talk funny [this person is from Oregon]
Person 2: you mean the people down here... haha
Person 1: they say hella in Oregon too
               and nice response time btw
Person 3: Please censor that word...
Person 4: We're hella _hellllllla_ cool here, which is why we talk that way. Like, 10^27 cool.

And this:
It's so engrained into our lexicon that it's actually a quantitative prefix. It's larger than yotta-. For example, one hellameter is 10^hella meters.

Monday's page was TERRIFYING I had to stay up for a couple of hours trying to calm myself down XD But yesterday's page just had so much offbeat humor that I just laughed and went on with my day. Is that bad

Thank you! I can't believe I busted that out in two and a half days I mean those uniforms were killing me like finding the refs was okay but drawing them? TORTUUUUURE why do I do this to myself I'm sorry I just scream about those uniforms every time someone brings that drawing up lineart is awesome but also THE WORST EVER and I'm rambling aren't I ahahahaa

Also here's these tumblr post that sum up some of the very few things I know about Australia:
http://avollea.tumblr.com/post/121702657945/itsstuckyinmyhead-australian-tumblr-photoset
http://itsstuckyinmyhead.tumblr.com/post/94978581910/australian-photoset-5-more-libertea-photoset

And this is just plain funny:
http://itsstuckyinmyhead.tumblr.com/post/95421649010/american-tumblr-posts-photoset-12-want-see-more
That post with the sharks is accurate
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 06:56:47 PM by misea »