Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 838137 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Self-Inserts and OCs
« Reply #5100 on: February 17, 2019, 02:25:05 AM »
Never underestimate the power of a good sense of direction!  Excellent launch.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

doorcf

« Reply #5101 on: February 24, 2019, 07:31:16 PM »
Name: Bismarck
Height: 175 cm
Weight: 70 kg

Nationality: Danish
Birthplace: Rønne
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Immunity: Yes
Magic Capability: None (later development possible but unlikely)

Profession: Skald, Biology Researcher (Professional), History Researcher (Amateur)
Languages:  :dk::es::se::gb: (can only read and write)
Religion: Catholic Christian
Spiritual Guardian: Guardian Angel
Training: University level education (biology), Limited weapons training (knows how to maintain his weapons)

Personality: Gets frustrated easily, pessimist-optimist depending of the situation, searches for validation, introvert but willing to give people a chance, must do things by the rules, helps as needed even when he doesn't want to help, freezes when panicked, doesn't thinks well while under pressure, curious about magic, a somewhat religious person, works until he gets a result, sometimes procastrinates, gets tunnel visioned.

Pets: Trille (Grade B Cat, female, 5 years old, low patience and a good killer, lighweight fighter cat), Bella (Grade B Cat, female, 3 years old, a complete cinnamon roll, heavyweight patrol cat)

Spoiler: Biography • show
Born on the Danish capital of Rønne from a young age hed had from a young age a fascination with the Old World, specially with it's history and its environment and this fascination grew even more as his family taugh him to speak, write and speak spanish to keep alive something from their non-scandinavian ancestor's culture.

This fascination grew as he grew up also did his fascination and soon after his family moved to sweden he started studying to be a biologist and soon he found himself helping on peripherical research about the Rash Illness. At fist he felt like he was helping but soon after he found the project to be frustrating as no advance was ever made. Desperate to help and find a breaktrough, he once started to make his own research and soon hit an idea, the possibility that the Rash Illness was not only biological in nature but also magical, now the problem was to prove it since there was no information that supported it was the case. Deciding to continue his normal work while searching for proves for his own theory he soon found the problem that no reasearch centrated on the possible relationship between magic and the illness, trying to go for another route (trying to see why insects, birds and other animals weren't affected by the Rash Illness) also ended in failure.

With that, Alergo reached to a conclusion, he needed new information, sadly for him, it meant going into the Silent World which he considered a suicide. The opinion changed however as the first ever expedition had a good ending. As such, he prepared by getting his own rifle (and training with it), ammunition, some food and other objects in the hopes of getting into a new expedition into the Silent World, hoping he would not die in the process while getting new information about the biology and history of both the Silent World and the Old World.

Spoiler: Appearance • show

Just remove WH40K iconography and change colors

Spoiler: Personal Belongings • show
One FN FAL 50.00 Battle Rifle with Six Magazines, Rifle Scope, Silencer/Compensator and Heavy Barrel
One Browning Hi-Power P-35 with Two Magazines and Silencer
One Small Hand Axe
Two Knifes
Two Sets of Clothing
One Backpack
One Sling Bag
One Belt
Four Pouches
One Rifle Maintenance Kit
One Pistol Maintenance Kit
One Melee Weapons Maintenance Kit
One Set of Research Tools
One Canteen
One Mess Kit
One Gooming Kit
One Roll Mat
Four Note Books and Eight Pens
Several Biology Identification Booklets
One Set of Maps
One Compass
One Medipack

Spoiler: Guardian Angel • show

A/N: All comments are appreciated and I'm willing to edit things
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 03:50:28 AM by doorcf »

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #5102 on: February 25, 2019, 09:43:56 PM »
... looks like a perfect candidate for section 31 to me. Especially since they have a few lasguns and other goodies built around applied phlebtonium[/I] magitech.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

doorcf

« Reply #5103 on: February 25, 2019, 10:25:11 PM »
... looks like a perfect candidate for section 31 to me. Especially since they have a few lasguns and other goodies built around applied phlebtonium[/I] magitech.
Well, technically the lasgun is replaced by its closest equivalent (a rifle that looks the same) as does any other strage stuff, although Section 31 sounds interesting (although I don't know what it is).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 10:29:46 PM by doorcf »

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #5104 on: February 25, 2019, 10:45:31 PM »
I really want to do this, but I feel like I don't know enough about...well, anything; most importantly, how exactly this works and are there any requirements for how to make a character?
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #5105 on: February 25, 2019, 10:53:34 PM »
I really want to do this, but I feel like I don't know enough about...well, anything; most importantly, how exactly this works and are there any requirements for how to make a character?

1. Come up with a charrie.
2. Write said charrie into SSSS.
3. ????
4. Profit.

Seriously that's it.
Also the RP has a player drought recently so if you can put in a couple good posts a day to counterbalance Kitty drowning us in amazing charrie writing that'd be great. I've got a squad of peeps that can be used as PCs.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5106 on: February 25, 2019, 10:55:40 PM »
1. Charrie meaning character?
2. Write into SSSS meaning into the story itself or just the world in general?
3. ???? :)

Also, can people join the RP halfway through? Does that work?

Also thank you!
carpe diem

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5107 on: February 25, 2019, 10:57:20 PM »
1. Charrie meaning character?
2. Write into SSSS meaning into the story itself or just the world in general?
3. ???? :)

Also, can people join the RP halfway through? Does that work?

Yes, second one, ??? is a joke about plans.

And ya, I'll write up some foreign charries for ya if you want some immersive entry. Background is gonna be kinda limited in terms of choice though...hit me up on Discord. Link is in the first page of the RP.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5108 on: February 25, 2019, 11:03:38 PM »
Wait, I'm so sorry, now I'm just confused. (Not about the profit joke, I get it now ;D)
Are you planning to write a character for me for the RP game?
Oh. Upon further ponderance, I think I get it. Do you mean you have multiple planned/involved characters that could be used by a separate person?
If I haven't horrible misunderstood you, thank you very much but I'm nervous about not having time to be of any use in the RP.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 11:11:03 PM by Nellie McEnt »
carpe diem

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5109 on: February 25, 2019, 11:09:34 PM »
Wait, I'm so sorry, now I'm just confused. (Not about the profit joke, I get it now ;D)
Are you planning to write a character for me for the RP game?

I have a variety of NPCs and people who are mostly random footnotes that are going to be accompanying our crew in the near future (50% to keep them alive, 50% so I have expendable meatshields).
If you want a seamless and relatively quick entry to said RP, I will happily provide you with a background (and alter it to fit your own roleplaying proclivities) and control of that NPC so that you can join in. That NPC will then be a PC, obviously.

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5110 on: February 25, 2019, 11:15:22 PM »
Oh sorry, I updated my last post just as you posted a response. I have never played a roleplaying game before (to my own dismay) and I have honestly very little free time of late and I fear I wouldn't be able to orient myself properly (or play regularly).
Thank you so much for the offer, though, I appreciate it very much (even if you were 50% adding such characters to be expendable meatshields ;D).
carpe diem

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5111 on: February 25, 2019, 11:41:26 PM »
Oh sorry, I updated my last post just as you posted a response. I have never played a roleplaying game before (to my own dismay) and I have honestly very little free time of late and I fear I wouldn't be able to orient myself properly (or play regularly).
Thank you so much for the offer, though, I appreciate it very much (even if you were 50% adding such characters to be expendable meatshields ;D).

*pats*
Offer's open if you do find the time.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #5112 on: February 26, 2019, 12:01:48 AM »
Well, technically the lasgun is replaced by its closest equivalent (a rifle that looks the same) as does any other strage stuff, although Section 31 sounds interesting (although I don't know what it is).

Tl:dr; it's part scp foundation, part black mesa research facility, part ordos hereticus. They research and try to quantify magic in ways the members of the Nordic council leadership, and anyone non mage can comprehend, as well as attempt to contain anything too dangerous.

Unlike their counterparts in other works however they aren't really clandestine, people just avoid them because they just seem like the kind of folks that make people disappear.

Also section31 is noncanon to ssss itself and only fits within the rp context.

Also in one of the alt universes they (or rather the group that became section 31 in the main room Canon) built their own country, and went more or less full gits with tachikoma tanks and synthetic humanoids. Also teleportation to a minor degree though that went horribly wrong. The military buildup was necessary because the Danish empire had Zeppelins and a duck mothering vampire  in it's employ.

Ssss-rp section 31 just has minor magitech, some absurd runos, a workable knowledge of magic beyond just the Nordic branches, a few Tau pulse carbine, and knowledge that the Nordic alliance is not alone in the world and that a USA/Russia/China expedition is headed in their general direction.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Feya

• Blue-haired goblin with a shiny rock collection
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #5113 on: March 11, 2021, 05:50:40 PM »

Here's my OC Annika, a Swedish army's cat squad hunter and her two cats (made after my two IRL cats). Both cat are hers, even though the official papers say they're "assigned". I will write down some more info about her later. For now just let it be known that she might have been at some point Emil's higher-up, since she used to serve in the cleansers, prior to the accident when flamethrower fuel self-ignited during weapon checking, causing her some severe burns on left arm and up towards the left cheek. She needs to have it written in her card, since sometimes from afar she's mistaken for being infected. (Tbh, this was definitely NOT an intention and it has been brought to my attention by a fellow fan when I showed them the first sketches and colour-ins. But it's a thing, so I have to address it. :D)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 05:56:08 PM by Feya »
Native: CZ
Fluent: GB/US
Semi-capable: SK, PL, FR
Know some phrases: LAT, JP
Want to learn: SWE

Maglor

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #5114 on: March 11, 2021, 05:53:30 PM »
Hmmmm..... As the chapter-break filler's coming in, should I maybe give a teaser by presenting my OCs?)
Native: Russian.
Fluent: English.
Understandable: Belorussian and Ukrainian.
A bit: French.