About the Site > Website Help and Rules

Forum Rules

<< < (2/11) > >>

Fimbulvarg:
A no spam rule is probably obvious even if it isn't there, but should probably be added just for clarity. That means things like double posting, single-word posts or tag-posting by multiple users in regular threads in order to inflate their post counter.

I suspect the no-swearing part is going to be hard for Finns and Norwegians for cultural reasons.

Eich:

--- Quote from: Pessi on September 03, 2014, 03:57:14 AM ---No swearing and cursing even in languages the censor doesn't recognise, I guess? ;) We have such a bunch of good strong swear words in Finnish...

--- End quote ---
I've considered enlisting some help for censoring out some different languages' swears.  I made sure to make the site's character map have all the relevant letters, so multilingual swearing is definitely possible, and would probably slip by me...

--- Quote from: Fimbulvarg on September 03, 2014, 06:47:36 AM ---A no spam rule is probably obvious even if it isn't there, but should probably be added just for clarity. That means things like double posting, single-word posts or tag-posting by multiple users in regular threads in order to inflate their post counter.

I suspect the no-swearing part is going to be hard for Finns and Norwegians for cultural reasons.

--- End quote ---
Could've sworn I had a no spam rule... Thanks for the heads up, adding that now.

Sunflower:
I apologize in advance if this is the wrong thread for this question, but:

What do the colored squares at the left of each post indicate?  They're on the 3rd line, below the poster's name and rank, but above the icon.  (I'd insert a screenshot but, um, I couldn't figure out how to insert a graphic...)

It seems like all Newbies have one yellow square, the one Jr. Member has 2 yellow squares, Eich has 5 red squares, and Noako as Administrator has blue ones.  Are they automatically assigned by rank/role?

I'm just curious.

noako:

--- Quote from: Sunflower on September 09, 2014, 04:23:30 PM ---I apologize in advance if this is the wrong thread for this question, but:

What do the colored squares at the left of each post indicate?  They're on the 3rd line, below the poster's name and rank, but above the icon.  (I'd insert a screenshot but, um, I couldn't figure out how to insert a graphic...)

It seems like all Newbies have one yellow square, the one Jr. Member has 2 yellow squares, Eich has 5 red squares, and Noako as Administrator has blue ones.  Are they automatically assigned by rank/role?

I'm just curious.

--- End quote ---

I guess it's the ranking? Eich is the big boss here, I'm the "second in command" (oh man lol).. I'd guess yellow is the normal user, only with the difference that the more you post, the more blocks you get. And moderators and admin get automatically all the blocks.
So it's red > blue > yellow.

Eich:
Pretty much.  Regular users can rank up with high post counts, so the more posts you have, the more yellow squares you get.  Mine and Noako's are red and blue so they stand out more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version