Author Topic: Forum Rules  (Read 30702 times)

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
Re: Forum Rules
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2014, 09:07:37 PM »
Asking first is a pretty good policy, I think.  If someone changes their mind, all they have to do is say so, here or in the comments, and as long as I or the person who posted it in here find out about it, we can remove the post without any hassle. 
A good format would probably just be putting it in BBCode quotes and listing the commenter's name, like:
[ quote=Name] [/quote ]

But feel free to use whatever format you want, as long as credit's given where it's due.
Feel free to PM.

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 05:41:40 PM »
At what post levels do the various ranks kick in?  I know 100 = Safe-Zone Citizen ;D and we'll probably swear in a few more Citizens any day now.  But our two highest posters have already hit 200 posts.  When do they get promoted to "Scout," "Ranger," and so forth?
...Just curious.

He posted this scheme in the "improvements" discussion, page 2:

Rank 1: 0-99 posts
     Rank 2: 100-249 posts
     Rank 3: 250-499 posts
     Rank 4: 500- 999 posts
     Rank 5: 1000+ posts

AFAIK rank 3 is scout, 4 is ranger and 5 ruler of derelict airport.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2014, 05:45:56 PM »
At what post levels do the various ranks kick in?  I know 100 = Safe-Zone Citizen ;D and we'll probably swear in a few more Citizens any day now.  But our two highest posters have already hit 200 posts.  When do they get promoted to "Scout," "Ranger," and so forth?
...Just curious.
He posted this scheme in the "improvements" discussion, page 2:

AFAIK rank 3 is scout, 4 is ranger and 5 ruler of derelict airport.
Heh, yeah, sorry.  The discussion for ranks got kind of scattered early on.
Feel free to PM.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2014, 06:53:11 PM »

Rank 1: 0-99 posts
     Rank 2: 100-249 posts
     Rank 3: 250-499 posts
     Rank 4: 500-999 posts
     Rank 5: 1000+ posts

Super, thanks!

Fimbulvarg, you and Nimphy are on track to become our first Scouts (with our fearless Administrator right behind).  Send us back some reports of whatever wonders you see over the next range of hills, OK?   ;)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2014, 11:17:45 AM »

Super, thanks!

Fimbulvarg, you and Nimphy are on track to become our first Scouts (with our fearless Administrator right behind).  Send us back some reports of whatever wonders you see over the next range of hills, OK?   ;)

R-really? OMG, I'm about to become a scout!!1!

Okay, I already am a scout. Girl Scouts count, right? Right?
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2014, 11:56:08 AM »

Super, thanks!

Ah, you are right. Let's hope we'll be the epic kind of scouts and not the plain kind.

On that note I still think we could consider some special ranks for administrators and moderators. Not much purpose to it, but still.

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2014, 02:15:35 PM »
Ah, you are right. Let's hope we'll be the epic kind of scouts and not the plain kind.

On that note I still think we could consider some special ranks for administrators and moderators. Not much purpose to it, but still.

((Hey, IRL I am a plain kind of scout and it's very cool, okay?))

But yes, I totally vote for the epic kind if scouts. I want to learn how to use maneuver gear :D
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2014, 05:42:46 PM »
Aw, don't smack talk Russell. 

I haven't put up different names for mods and admins yet for the sake of any new folks.  We've been around for a while though, so I might do that soon.  I think I'll stick with Thor; just like the sound of it. ;D  A buddy of mine who admins another forum I use named himself "Ultimate Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville," and has a signature that says, "I AM THE LAW."  He's a fun person.
Feel free to PM.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2014, 05:47:59 PM »
Aw, don't smack talk Russell. 

I haven't put up different names for mods and admins yet for the sake of any new folks.  We've been around for a while though, so I might do that soon.  I think I'll stick with Thor; just like the sound of it. ;D  A buddy of mine who admins another forum I use named himself "Ultimate Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville," and has a signature that says, "I AM THE LAW."  He's a fun person.

I think your friend and I like the same movie.

Also I've never even watched UP.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2014, 06:16:09 PM »
I think your friend and I like the same movie.

Also I've never even watched UP.
The ultimate in camp. 
Never bothered with Dredd.  The reboot looked aaaaawwwful.
Feel free to PM.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2015, 08:57:40 AM »
Since this one would be a future rule I thought it worth to reply for it here:

At another forum that I used to admin we had to make a rule about non-posters for those very reasons UFOO9000 listed. You have a month to make ten posts in the forum, if you don't rack them up you get a reminder via PM. You'll then get another month hang time during which you can still make those ten posts or however many are missing before the nick gets removed as an abandoned one. That forum is larger than this one which needs to be taken into consideration, but maybe something similar would work here?

I would second this suggestion.

Also while the forum will grow older and older there should be an inactivity rule about nicks being deleted after 3 years latest. Maybe after 2 years already but I guess there might be reasons, job circumstances, childbirth whatever that prevent people to post for a while. But it should be made an official rule so everybody knows what is going to happen.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Amity

• Scout
  • What Would Sigrun Do?
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2015, 10:34:08 AM »
What happens to your posts when you get deleted?
If life hands you Emil, make Emilonade!

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2015, 10:41:51 AM »
What happens to your posts when you get deleted?

On most forums your posts will remain unless stated otherwise during deletion. If your posts aren't deleted with you, I guess they'll show up as posted by a guest user.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2015, 05:14:23 AM »
On most forums your posts will remain unless stated otherwise during deletion. If your posts aren't deleted with you, I guess they'll show up as posted by a guest user.

We've never had to delete a user (yet).  But we have had one or two delete their own accounts.

Result:  Posts remain, under the former user's name, but you can't click through to the now-deleted user profile.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
Re: Important: Forum Rules
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2015, 03:03:08 PM »
Please be so kind and notify us about strange post via the "Report" button. Please do not respond to that kind of posts. We are able to work quicker that way and people it will not go to top of other topics for each new reply.

Thank you :)

Also:
We have updated some rules, especially since there have been many questions from artists lately. Also we put them into a more readable shape.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information