Author Topic: Duolingo discussion/friend exchange  (Read 35052 times)

Gaemmel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Duolingo discussion/friend exchange
« Reply #165 on: May 23, 2017, 03:45:34 PM »
Hey :D
I am learning Swedish as well. If I may throw some suggestions at you: If duolingo doesn't suffice for learning how the language is supposed to sound, I recommend memrise.
For getting a better feeling for how sentences in every day life are build, I recomment clozemaster.

I use memrise daily, together with duolingo, and do clozemaster sometimes for fun.
I'm the left one on the picture.

Fluent: :germany: :uk:
In school I had: :france: :spain:
Some words and phrases: :japan:
Learning: :sweden:

:chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

KaTaai

« Reply #166 on: May 23, 2017, 03:53:34 PM »
I use both Duolingo and Memrise for practicing German
User image courtesy of gingerbraidgirl

Speaks:
Native - :netherlands:
Decent - :uk:
Learning - :germany:
Remnants of high school - :france:
Survived:
:chap4: through :chap14:

TODO: --find out how to use the flags--
find out how to cross out text

GunmanRex

• Scout
  • My legs are OK
« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2017, 09:31:09 PM »
I'm on Duolingo under the same name as here. Feel free to say hello.
Hey :D
I am learning Swedish as well. If I may throw some suggestions at you: If duolingo doesn't suffice for learning how the language is supposed to sound, I recommend memrise.
For getting a better feeling for how sentences in every day life are build, I recomment clozemaster.

I use memrise daily, together with duolingo, and do clozemaster sometimes for fun.
Thank you. This is really handy for me.

Speaking of memrise, it seems to have a group system. I was wondering if anybody has created a Minnion group on it?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 10:56:27 PM by GunmanRex »
Native: :usa:
Steadily Studying: :ireland:
Atrophied: :france:
Future: :wales: :scotland:

:chap16::chap17::chap18:

I ramble a lot

WrittenEmber

• Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #168 on: July 24, 2017, 04:42:58 PM »
I'm on Duolingo as WrittenEmber, and going to set up a Memrise account tonight under the same name. Currently using it to practice Swedish. :D

Trying to go through this thread and add everybody, but if I miss anybody and you want to add me, please do! Much more fun to learn with friends.
A fantasy story and a sci-fi story walk into a literal bar... (original fiction, first kicked off here on the forum with Unwary's Crossroads RP thread)

Lyric

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #169 on: November 04, 2017, 06:24:11 PM »
Anyone still using Duolingo and would like to be added as a friend? :) I'm currently using the site to learn Spanish and Japanese, and I need all the motivation I can get! I'm Zenith51.
Native: :usa:
Learning: :mexico: :japan:

lexr

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2017, 02:34:14 PM »
Hej! Me: Lexicali7y
I've also made a Duolingo Club just for fun. Annoyingly it's got an invite limit (15 I think?) - but if you're active join it with the code
Code: [Select]
64FT38!

EDIT: Apparently clubs are language specific (which is silly!) so that is un club español.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 02:48:12 PM by lexr »
I'm always on IRC.

quark

« Reply #171 on: December 09, 2017, 03:26:34 AM »
Hey there! I'm using Duolingo and Memrise to learn German and would appreciate the motivation of having other people watching my progress. I'm quarkmatter on Memrise and am quarkmatte on Duolingo - I was quarkmatter there too, but fell out of the habit of using it and forgot my old account details  :'D. (Technically there are a bunch of things I'm learning on Duo but I'm not active with any of them except German - every so often I get the impulse to learn a different language, start it, and then forget to practice it within about a week lol)
Chapter Break Survivor: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

laiska

• Tumblr
  • yo yiggity
« Reply #172 on: December 20, 2017, 12:44:19 AM »
Yo, I'll do my best to add everyone I can, but here's my stuff if anyone is interested-
Duolingo: Laiskaa (a picture of Sigrun)
Memrise: Laiskaa (a painting of hands)
I am signed up for German and French on both I believe, and Norwegian on Duo! (I'm also learning Czech, but I don't think most here are doing that)

I don't know if anyone has made a memrise group yet, so I did- in hindsight, I probably should've have leafed through the previous pages.
I'm trying to get the link, but it is called 'SSSS Language Buds'. So far it only has German and Norwegian, but I will get Swedish up there soon, as it also seems popular.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 02:04:20 AM by laiska »
:usa: Fluent
:france: Conversational
:germany: :norway: I'm gettin there
(avatars used are mine, drawn by me)

Bran

• Super-Newbie
  • Tried to beat up a sleep paralysis demon
« Reply #173 on: August 01, 2020, 05:32:53 PM »
I'm a little (well, very) late, but I added as many people as I could find... there were only 41 -_-
My Duolingo username is Ravenbran if anyone wants to add me.
On an unrelated note: It's hot outside (and inside because nobody's turned on the swamp cooler) and I'm not pleased.
A raven stole my gender so I stole its name.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #174 on: August 01, 2020, 06:15:53 PM »
Hello Bran and welcome to the Forum! Do stop by the Introduction Thread if you like!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #175 on: August 03, 2020, 09:09:16 PM »
Oh wow I didn't even know about this thread. I've said this elsewhere, but my username is the same on Duolingo as it is here (Mebediel) if people want to add me.
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Bran

• Super-Newbie
  • Tried to beat up a sleep paralysis demon
« Reply #176 on: August 05, 2020, 10:34:20 PM »
It's understandable not to have noticed this thread, as it was dead for nigh three years — and then I got here and decided to revive it.
A raven stole my gender so I stole its name.

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #177 on: August 10, 2020, 07:21:46 PM »
Hello, it's nice to see the both of you! I just friended y'all, maybe having friends will motivate me to get back into daily Duolingo haha.
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Quetanto

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: He, him, his
« Reply #178 on: August 10, 2020, 08:45:43 PM »
Anyone fancy becoming friends? My name is the same as here, Quetanto, and I’m currently studying...a lot of languages, I get bored, but the main ones at the moment are French, Turkish, Finnish, Japanese, and Arabic. (Might get back to Norwegian at some point too...)
🇨🇦 🇹🇷 Native
🇫🇷 Fluent (somewhat rusty)
🇮🇹 🇬🇷 🇯🇵 🇫🇮 🇭🇰 🇮🇳 Picking it up as I go along
(No symbols for Latin, Ancient Greek, or Inuktitut…)
:book2::book3::book4: