Author Topic: TV and Movie Thread  (Read 32653 times)

Lars_B

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Resident Domovai
Re: TV and Movie Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2014, 08:14:39 PM »
Lagertha have a little bit of Sigrun in her don't you think?

Both cool shows although they have seriously misrepresented the Nordic geography! Danish fjords and Mountains around Uppsala...  ::) but it is a bit more visually appealing than reality I guess.
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Stumbling trough: :sweden:
:chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2014, 09:10:44 PM »
I have never watched arrow, because I had no access to original audio track. Last series featering real people was "Supernatural", I think. Though after the third season I felt like I did with Dr. House. After that many episodes storylines seem to turn out repetitive in a way.

So what is arrow about and why is it catching?
It's about the DC comic book hero "Green Arrow."  It's got a lot of poorly-executed drama, but most of it is really good action and comic book fun.  The first episode of season two was teeeeerible, but it got good again very quickly, and we've marathoned through half of the season today... Just... ignore all the stuff with the relationships and it's a good show.

My friend watched supernatural past year, and said the show was canceled a way in, but the two brothers in the show kept it going and directed the show.  Those seasons are supposed to be very different.
Feel free to PM.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 03:34:40 AM »
It's about the DC comic book hero "Green Arrow."  It's got a lot of poorly-executed drama, but most of it is really good action and comic book fun.  The first episode of season two was teeeeerible, but it got good again very quickly, and we've marathoned through half of the season today... Just... ignore all the stuff with the relationships and it's a good show.

My friend watched supernatural past year, and said the show was canceled a way in, but the two brothers in the show kept it going and directed the show.  Those seasons are supposed to be very different.

Arrow sounds interesting, maybe I should try to get a glimpse at least at two or three episodes.

If Supernatural has worn out, they should leave it at that, but hey, maybe what they are doing now is better. In ten years, when Seasons will be available for less money, I shall take a look at those again.

Fimbulvarg and me agreed that the Game of thrones series is not that good if you read the books. In my oppinion especially season three and four (which only cover the third book) are really weak in comparison, because many charakters have been really flatened in their interaction. If you never read the books, the first two seasons might be nice.

The last series that really got me was "Monster" though I was never able to watch it on TV. It's a great Japanese Animeseries playing in Germany during the time when the GDR still existed, though that is not the core. It deals with some moral questions about good and evil, if you are allowed to take a life if it would save many others and whether some conditions of growing up are releasing people out of responsibility for there deeds. It is rather dark.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2014, 11:05:13 AM »
Arrow sounds interesting, maybe I should try to get a glimpse at least at two or three episodes.

If Supernatural has worn out, they should leave it at that, but hey, maybe what they are doing now is better. In ten years, when Seasons will be available for less money, I shall take a look at those again.

Fimbulvarg and me agreed that the Game of thrones series is not that good if you read the books. In my oppinion especially season three and four (which only cover the third book) are really weak in comparison, because many charakters have been really flatened in their interaction. If you never read the books, the first two seasons might be nice.

The last series that really got me was "Monster" though I was never able to watch it on TV. It's a great Japanese Animeseries playing in Germany during the time when the GDR still existed, though that is not the core. It deals with some moral questions about good and evil, if you are allowed to take a life if it would save many others and whether some conditions of growing up are releasing people out of responsibility for there deeds. It is rather dark.
Oh, I know about Monster.  I've been meaning to watch it for about a year now, but I remember being quite interested in it.
Feel free to PM.

Esko Oksanen

• "I'M A CLEANSER!" *shoots potato at wilderness*
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2014, 12:26:28 AM »
Does anybody else here enjoy Adventure time?
No?
Okay...
*absconds*
Fluent: :usa: :mexico:
Okay: ---
Terrible: :japan:
Learning: ---
Can teach: :usa:, :mexico:
Want to learn: :finland:, :sweden:, :norway:, :iceland:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2014, 01:35:27 PM »
Hmmm, so it is not The general Discussion Thread where the mystery of Mikkel Madsen and Mads Mikkelsen should be solved? ;).
Hannibal really let himself go in later years...
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2014, 06:02:24 PM »
No?
Okay...
*absconds*
Awwww I do! *spaghetti arms*
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
  • steam engenius, you see
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2014, 06:08:11 PM »
No?
Okay...
*absconds*

YES

Best. Cartoon.

Esko Oksanen

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2014, 07:08:24 PM »
Awwww I do! *spaghetti arms*

AWW YISSS *more spaghetti arms*

Esko Oksanen

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2014, 07:09:46 PM »
YES

Best. Cartoon.

I LOVE IT! My old Dungeons & Dragons group played an entire campaign I made based on the Adventure Time world and let me tell you it was ONE. HELL. OF AN ADVENTURE.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2014, 08:22:53 PM »
The last few days have been filled with tv and movies with the family, over here.  Today we watched "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation," with Chevy Chase.  ;D  That movie is too funny!  Tomorrow will probably be "Elf" or "Home Alone."
Feel free to PM.

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2014, 09:09:50 PM »
No?
Okay...
*absconds*

No because who would like a nonsensical show about postapocolyptia?....

I do, that's who....

Anyway. I don't have cable anymore so what I watch is what I can hunt down on the internet or already have.

So the short list is:

Adventure Time
Stargate SG1 and Atlantis (which reminds me I need to watch SG:U at some point)
Game of thrones
Freeman's Mind (machinima series on youtube)
Venture Bros
Mythbusters
Farscape
Dr. Who
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Esko Oksanen

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2014, 06:38:17 PM »

No because who would like a nonsensical show about postapocolyptia?....

I do, that's who....

Anyway. I don't have cable anymore so what I watch is what I can hunt down on the internet or already have.

So the short list is:

Adventure Time
Stargate SG1 and Atlantis (which reminds me I need to watch SG:U at some point)
Game of thrones
Freeman's Mind (machinima series on youtube)
Venture Bros
Mythbusters
Farscape
Dr. Who
Gah!
I need to re-watch all of those from beginning to end/latest content!!!

Ceceoh

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2014, 06:57:34 PM »
Anyone else feeling a little verklempt over watching the last installment of The Hobbit trilogy? 14 years of muddling around Middle Earth with 2 generations of hobbits is a pretty big commitment! Seriously though, even if I didn't agree with all of Peter Jackson's choices, I admire the passion he put into bringing the four books to life, and the gorgeous worlds he let us explore. I'm a little sad that it is all over.

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2014, 07:07:20 PM »
Anyone else feeling a little verklempt over watching the last installment of The Hobbit trilogy? 14 years of muddling around Middle Earth with 2 generations of hobbits is a pretty big commitment! Seriously though, even if I didn't agree with all of Peter Jackson's choices, I admire the passion he put into bringing the four books to life, and the gorgeous worlds he let us explore. I'm a little sad that it is all over.

Honestly, I've never seen such a disappointing movie. And I haven't even finished reading the book, because I'm pretty sure I'd have liked it even less if I had. I'm not saying that it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen, but after waiting three years and two preceding films... Well, it was disappointing to say the least. I'd have expected more. Boring, slow, too many battles (action scenes are good, too many action scenes are pointless and bad), lots of confusion and character development happened in about thirty seconds.

That said, I'm sure I'll miss the journeys in Middle Earth, too. Oh well, time to finish that book!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: