Author Topic: Deutschsprachige Überlebenden (German)  (Read 49974 times)

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
Re: Deutschsprachige Überlebenden
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2014, 02:34:33 PM »
Haha, ich würde eher sagen, die Hamburger werden nicht nur als hart im Nehmen dargestellt, sondern auch ziemlich tollpatschig. Darum mag ich das Lied auch - das passt gut zu mir.

I'd say the song depicts the people from Hamburg not only as tough, but also as rather clumsy. That's also why I like the song - it fits with me.
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

FrogEater

• Ranger
  • Pessimists experience only good surprises
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2014, 10:38:34 AM »
Danke für die Übersetzungen ! :-) Ich glaubte 'Platt' sei ein mehr oder weniger allgemeines Wort für Dialekt - ich bin sicher dass im Saarland (d.h. nicht Norddeutschland !), 'Platt' ist fürs Dialekt. Könnt ihr bitte was mir lernen ?

Thank you for the translations !  I believed that 'Platt' was a more or less general word for dialect - I'm sure that in Saarland (hardly northern Germany!), 'Platt' is the name of the dialect. Could you please teach something to me ?
:france: fluent, :uk: decent, :germany: war gut, :italy: tourist knowledge

Fen Shen

• Ranger
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2014, 11:21:30 AM »
Hm, ich weiß leider nicht genau was man im Saarland spricht. Ich kenne "Platt" nur als das Eigenwort für das Niederdeutsche. Und das Saarland liegt unterhalb der Benrather Linie und gehört damit eigentlich zum mitteldeutschen Sprachraum.

Was möchtest du denn gern lernen?

Unfortunately I don't know what dialect is spoken in Saarland. I only know "Platt" as the name of the lower german, and Saarland is below the geographic line of Benrath and belongs to middle german language area. What would you like to learn?
(Sorry for awful English translation...)
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2014, 11:43:15 AM »
Hm, ich weiß leider nicht genau was man im Saarland spricht. Ich kenne "Platt" nur als das Eigenwort für das Niederdeutsche. Und das Saarland liegt unterhalb der Benrather Linie und gehört damit eigentlich zum mitteldeutschen Sprachraum.

Was möchtest du denn gern lernen?

Unfortunately I don't know what dialect is spoken in Saarland. I only know "Platt" as the name of the lower german, and Saarland is below the geographic line of Benrath and belongs to middle german language area. What would you like to learn?
(Sorry for awful English translation...)

Im Saarland spricht man einen fürchterlichen Dialekt. Schlimmer als des Pfälzer aaaahjooo, gell. *schüttel*. Ich habe in der Pfalz gewohnt und beide Dialekte klingen nicht schön. Wobei die Pfälzer so schöne Schimpfwörter wie "Labbeduddel" haben.

The Saarland people speak an awefull dialect. Worse than the Rhineland-Palatine Dialekt. *shakes* I have lived in the Rhineland-Palatine Area and in my oppinion both dialects do not sound nice. Though the Rhineland-Palatines have nice swearwords such as "Labbeduddel" which means more or less fool.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Clayres

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Been back for a while now, I should change this :P
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2014, 11:50:08 AM »
Danke für die Übersetzungen ! :-) Ich glaubte 'Platt' sei ein mehr oder weniger allgemeines Wort für Dialekt - ich bin sicher dass im Saarland (d.h. nicht Norddeutschland !), 'Platt' ist fürs Dialekt. Könnt ihr bitte was mir lernen ?

Thank you for the translations !  I believed that 'Platt' was a more or less general word for dialect - I'm sure that in Saarland (hardly northern Germany!), 'Platt' is the name of the dialect. Could you please teach something to me ?
Klar können wir dir etwas beibringen, dafür sind wir doch da!

Of course we can teach you something, that's what we are there for.

Also, I think this thread desperately needs a new name, seeing as it went from "discuss possible German-speaking survivors" to "learn (and discuss) Western Germanic languages".
kind of getting along: :germany: :uk:

rusty: :spain:

very rusty: :vaticancity:

still trying (appearantly failing) to learn: :japan:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2014, 11:58:51 AM »
Im Saarland spricht man einen fürchterlichen Dialekt. Schlimmer als des Pfälzer aaaahjooo, gell. *schüttel*.
Dafür können sie verflixt gut grillen, auch wenn sie's "schwenken" nennen. Und das Hauptkennzeichen des Trierer Platts - von dem weiß ich genau, daß es sich selbst "Platt" nennt - ist es, jedes "nehmen" durch "holen" zu ersetzen. Also nicht nur "für mitzuholen", wenn man etwas zum kostenlosen Mitnehmen hinstellt, sondern auch die komplette Leidensgeschichte eines Kranken: Erst hat er abgeholt, dann Medikamente eingeholt, und als es nicht besser wurde, ist er auf 'ne E-Lok geklettert, um sich am Stromabholer das Leben zu holen.

They're pretty good at BBQing, though, even if they call it "swinging [sth]". And the main distinguishing feature of the Trier/Treves variety of Platt - yes, I know for a fact that they do call it "Platt" themselves - is to replace every "nehmen" (to take) with "holen" (to fetch). Not only as in "to fetch along" (for free), but up to the entire medical history of someone whose weight fetched a nose-dive, which caused him to fetch medication, and when that didn't help, he climbed onto an electric locomotive to use the "current fetcher" (pantograph) to fetch his life.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Clayres

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Been back for a while now, I should change this :P
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2014, 12:05:32 PM »
Dafür können sie verflixt gut grillen, auch wenn sie's "schwenken" nennen. Und das Hauptkennzeichen des Trierer Platts - von dem weiß ich genau, daß es sich selbst "Platt" nennt - ist es, jedes "nehmen" durch "holen" zu ersetzen. Also nicht nur "für mitzuholen", wenn man etwas zum kostenlosen Mitnehmen hinstellt, sondern auch die komplette Leidensgeschichte eines Kranken: Erst hat er abgeholt, dann Medikamente eingeholt, und als es nicht besser wurde, ist er auf 'ne E-Lok geklettert, um sich am Stromabholer das Leben zu holen.

They're pretty good at BBQing, though, even if they call it "swinging [sth]". And the main distinguishing feature of the Trier/Treves variety of Platt - yes, I know for a fact that they do call it "Platt" themselves - is to replace every "nehmen" (to take) with "holen" (to fetch). Not only as in "to fetch along" (for free), but up to the entire medical history of someone whose weight fetched a nose-dive, which caused him to fetch medication, and when that didn't help, he climbed onto an electric locomotive to use the "current fetcher" (pantograph) to fetch his life.
Das ist sowohl morbide, als auch witzig...

That's as morbid as it is funny...
kind of getting along: :germany: :uk:

rusty: :spain:

very rusty: :vaticancity:

still trying (appearantly failing) to learn: :japan:

FrogEater

• Ranger
  • Pessimists experience only good surprises
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2014, 02:09:11 PM »
Danke für all die Information :-) Von der Benrath Linie hatte ich noch nie gehört.

Thank you for all the info ! I had never heard of the Benrath line before.
:france: fluent, :uk: decent, :germany: war gut, :italy: tourist knowledge

Fen Shen

• Ranger
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2014, 03:00:37 PM »
Es ist immer wieder spannend, wie viel man noch über die "eigene" Sprache lernen kann. Was ist denn ein(e) Labbeduddel? (Meine erste Assoziation: ein Labradoodle, diese Kreuzung zwischen Labrador und Pudel  ;D )
Und das mit dem vielen "holen" hätte ich dir ja fast nicht abgeholtnommen  ;)

It's always interesting how much there is to learn about one's "own" language. What's a Labbeduddel? (I was thinking of a labradoodle (labrador + poodle crossbreed) first)
And I almost didn't believe the thing about the many "fetches".

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2014, 03:13:45 PM »
Es ist immer wieder spannend, wie viel man noch über die "eigene" Sprache lernen kann. Was ist denn ein(e) Labbeduddel? (Meine erste Assoziation: ein Labradoodle, diese Kreuzung zwischen Labrador und Pudel  ;D )
Und das mit dem vielen "holen" hätte ich dir ja fast nicht abgeholtnommen  ;)

It's always interesting how much there is to learn about one's "own" language. What's a Labbeduddel? (I was thinking of a labradoodle (labrador + poodle crossbreed) first)
And I almost didn't believe the thing about the many "fetches".

Labbeduddel = something like a fool. Dorfdepp.
Bleeda Labbeduddel = stupid fool (somewhat doubling, the true douche).
Bleeda Labbeduddel do! = Yes, they mean you by "do". Though it would be translated into "da, dort (there)" it is always aimed at a person.

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2014, 03:20:24 PM »
Labbeduddel = something like a fool. Dorfdepp.
Bleeda Labbeduddel = stupid fool (somewhat doubling, the true douche).
Bleeda Labbeduddel do! = Yes, they mean you by "do". Though it would be translated into "da, dort (there)" it is always aimed at a person.

Sigh... and here I thought German was not that weird after all, and you prove me wrong in a single post...
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

JoB

PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2014, 03:43:22 PM »
Sigh... and here I thought German was not that weird after all, and you prove me wrong in a single post...

Uh, I did not even start on raging about "Kölsch".

De Bus küt nit. (Der Bus kommt nicht) [ The bus is not coming].
Et is wie et is und et küt wie et küt.
(It is like it is and what will come, will do so)

Mundart ist merkwürdig, aber durchaus fine.
Dialects are strange but fine at the same time ;).

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

JoB

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2014, 04:22:12 PM »
Uh, I did not even start on raging about "Kölsch".
Et is wie et is und et küt wie et küt.
(It is like it is and what will come, will do so)
Ah yes, the very basics. :D

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2014, 02:37:16 PM »
Ah yes, the very basics. :D
Du brauchst nicht viel mehr für ein gutes Leben.
You really don't need anything more for having a good life.

If you want to know how "Kölsch" sounds you should listen closely:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lef8bou3GW0

Forum Rules
Helpful Information