Author Topic: Book Four available in Hivemill  (Read 931 times)

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
Book Four available in Hivemill
« on: October 22, 2023, 04:34:30 PM »
PSA for those of you who, like me, want to complete series: Book 4 is now available for purchase on the Hivemill store:

https://hivemill.com/collections/stand-still-stay-silent

So I assume the Kickstarter backers have received theirs.

Shipping to Europe is again almost as much as the book itself, but it’s proooobably not going to be available from Minna directly this time, so this is how to get if you want.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
Re: Book Four available in Hivemill
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2023, 08:22:40 AM »
Thanks for letting us know!

I honestly am considering buying the physical copies of all 4 books as like... a christmas gift to myself or something. So. It's good to know I can actually do that (If I get them all in one shot surely the shipping is less, right?)
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2023, 10:41:05 AM »
I already asked my hubby to get it for me because he has PayPal, and he was immediately ready to make it a Christmas present for me :) (I got the books 1-2 as gifts from him too so there is precedent)  :V

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2023, 01:56:17 PM »
So I assume the Kickstarter backers have received theirs.
Finally, yes ...  :-X
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Solson

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2023, 08:08:36 AM »
Finally, yes ...  :-X

Yeah, that was  a-w-h-i-l-e . It almost pains me to ask, but has Minna made any chatter about printing Vols. 5 & 6? There’s a note in the back of this volume that hints at printing them, but that’s the first I’ve heard. Just happened to see it while re-reading.

dmeck7755

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2023, 08:30:01 AM »
Yeah, that was  a-w-h-i-l-e . It almost pains me to ask, but has Minna made any chatter about printing Vols. 5 & 6? There’s a note in the back of this volume that hints at printing them, but that’s the first I’ve heard. Just happened to see it while re-reading.

I think if books 5&6 are to be done, it will probably be hiveworks that does it.  It would be awesome if they do do the last two, but I won't hold my breath
"without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

-Frank Zappa

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2023, 10:00:49 AM »
I think if books 5&6 are to be done, it will probably be hiveworks that does it.  It would be awesome if they do do the last two, but I won't hold my breath
Hiveworks is willing to do it, and as far as I understand it, has the contractual right to do so (because of the general agreement since back when the comic website moved to Hivemill servers etc.). Whether Minna is going to do much, or any, extra work for that is an entirely different question, though. IIUC she's been creating the pages in a format minimizing the work needed to make a printed book from them (double page spreads, gutters, CMYK color model, yadda yadda), so handing those over for Hiveworks to do minor touch-ups themselves might be all required to make *a* book come true. Not holding my breath for "real Minna" extras or cover art, though.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2023, 03:08:43 PM »
When Adventure 2 was coming to its end, in a Twitch stream Minna said that the possibility exists. I seem to recall it was in connection of her mentioning that she has no intention to draw any more SSSS except if books 5 and 6 were happening, in which case she would draw dome extras. This may be a contract thing, either actually entered to or that she feels she would be duty-bound to do something.

But, all of the books so far have first been in Kickstarter. I’m not sure a book 5 would be such a huge success now that there is no updating comic to draw people to the campaign. Although I have to admit I have no idea how much of a difference it would make in reality. But is there a channel to advertise it so that it would gain traction? I don’t know.

So all in all I’m not considering it very likely they will happen, but it’s not completely outside of the realm of possibility that they might.

I also wouldn’t personally want to get book 5 before I knew 6 was / would very likely be available, because I would hate having 5 but not 6 :) But that’s just me.