Poll

What other comic/book/movie/TV show do you want to see crossed over with SSSS?

Walking Dead
Thor (Marvel)
Planet of the Apes (Not the Tim Burton one)
The Expendables
Star Wars
Star Trek
The Matrix
World War Z
Another comic from Hiveworks (specify below)
You think I have no taste, and will specify below so I can maybe add your option to the poll.
SSSS don't need no crossover!
Classic Western

Author Topic: SSSS CROSSOVER TIME!  (Read 99135 times)

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: SSSS CROSSOVER TIME!
« Reply #255 on: February 15, 2016, 07:04:09 PM »
Hah, there's no question that life would suit her beautifully.
The question is which officer slot would she fit into - Captain? I was thinking Emil should be gunner, mikkel cook, reynir mascot, tuuri engineer, so lalli would be first officer? doesn't really fit...

(Sorry for this off-topic conversation, maybe one of you skalds could move it to the crossover thread?)
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Wolfram

« Reply #256 on: February 28, 2016, 04:07:18 PM »
Just wanted to say that the main reasons because I didn't replied to this thread are:
- Even if I still follow and enjoy the comic, I'm not an active forum member.
- When I'm in "mtg mood", I usually play the actual game, try to get into altering, think about what cards I should buy for my legacy deck, study the rules for my judge exams... rather than creating a fanset.
- Most of the ideas I had for this edition were used in the two last extensions.

The good news are:
- I'm not so bad at creating cards since the designers had basically the same ideas for the mechanics of this block.
- We can use cards from the Battle for Zendikar block and just change the art and name, because this universe is very similar to SSSS.

Maybe it was a bad idea to bring back this thread because I don't really have the motivation to create fancards, but if someone wants I can answer questions about rules or balancing.

Native: ....:france:
Understand: :uk:
Learning: ..:poland:

:chap7: newbie

frenci

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • too lazy to type, too shy to talk
« Reply #257 on: March 05, 2016, 02:21:45 PM »
As you probably know already, me and Martti Kakkiainen run a SSSSXHetalia crossover blog.

i just wanted to show what i did with watercolors
All that white between the pannels is because I've been reading a lot of comic toon comics and I wanted to try :3c
Talks: :italy: :uk: :slovenia:
Learning: :spain: :norway:

IKEA

« Reply #258 on: March 05, 2016, 08:37:49 PM »
SSSS/Mistborn: Sigrun would be Vin, Lalli would be Spook, Emil would be Kelsier, Mikkel would be Kelsier's advisor guy (can't remember his name) Tuuri might be Breeze, and Reynir...might become a Steel Inquisitor.
Legend of Zelda: Come on admit it: Emil would be a fantastic Link.
Metroid: Sigrun in Samus's armor, strolling around the Space Pirate bases kicking ass? Yes!

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #259 on: March 06, 2016, 12:44:25 AM »
Legend of Zelda: Come on admit it: Emil would be a fantastic Link.

Oh man, yes he would. Also, (going off of characters/races from Ocarina of Time) my brain has assigned roles to the other characters:
Mikkel is a Goron
Sigrun is one of the Gerudo warriors
Reynir is Malon (which makes the kitten Epona, I guess)
Lalli is Sheik/Zelda
Tuuri is Navi. (I'm sorry Tuuri I love you).

(Feel free to dispute any and all of these, haha.)
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #260 on: March 06, 2016, 05:39:46 AM »
Mikkel is a Goron

Or a blonde version of Talon the farmer.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #261 on: March 06, 2016, 02:44:26 PM »
Crossed with Game of Thrones (the book series)....
Sigrun as Daenarys
Mikkel as Hodor
Tuuri as Sansa Stark
Lalli as Jojen
Emil as Podrick Payne
Reynir as Brandon Stark
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

IKEA

« Reply #262 on: March 06, 2016, 04:04:17 PM »
Oh man, yes he would. Also, (going off of characters/races from Ocarina of Time) my brain has assigned roles to the other characters:
Mikkel is a Goron
Sigrun is one of the Gerudo warriors
Reynir is Malon (which makes the kitten Epona, I guess)
Lalli is Sheik/Zelda
Tuuri is Navi. (I'm sorry Tuuri I love you).

(Feel free to dispute any and all of these, haha.)
Wouldn't Reynir be a better Navi: always trying to help, but only annoying people? Anyway, someone with more talent on Paint than I needs to make this a meme.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #263 on: March 06, 2016, 05:53:22 PM »
Ragnarok: That's a good call! Emil as Podrick Payne, heh!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
« Reply #264 on: March 06, 2016, 11:08:15 PM »
Wouldn't Reynir be a better Navi: always trying to help, but only annoying people? Anyway, someone with more talent on Paint than I needs to make this a meme.

Hmm, I think you're right. I was thinking Malon because she's a red-haired farmer, but he does have more of a Navi personality. Not sure who Tuuri would be then. Maybe Saria?

Or a blonde version of Talon the farmer.

*looks him up* Could be! The farmer thing would fit, and he does sort of have the sideburns.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Athena

« Reply #265 on: March 06, 2016, 11:30:04 PM »
Now I know this is the SSSS crossovers thread, but I don't really want to go make an aRTD one so...

Anyway, I had an idea of a Sherlock crossover with Hannu as Sherlock and Ville as Watson... I don't know, just thought it'd be cool.

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

IKEA

« Reply #266 on: March 07, 2016, 03:24:35 PM »
Kiraly, Tuuri would be a great Saria or Ruto (the Zora girl). Or Ganondorf. Who knows what evil thoughts lurk behind this adorable grin...?

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
« Reply #267 on: March 07, 2016, 04:05:52 PM »
Kiraly, Tuuri would be a great Saria or Ruto (the Zora girl). Or Ganondorf. Who knows what evil thoughts lurk behind this adorable grin...?

Hehe, Tuuri being secretly Ganondorf would be hilarious! I think she's more like Saria than Ruto though, because personally Ruto annoyed the crap out of me. (I don't want to think about how many years of my life I wasted carrying her around the inside of that stupid fish, haha!)

Luth I think that would be pretty awesome! :)

Athena

« Reply #268 on: March 07, 2016, 04:14:50 PM »
Luth I think that would be pretty awesome! :)

But Hannu, I still don't understand, how did the killer hide the body?

Elementary, my dear Ville...

Aki

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • rambler of headcanons spouter of ideas
  • Preferred pronouns: (she/her) please don't call me dude, that's all.
« Reply #269 on: March 07, 2016, 05:38:10 PM »
Idk if that counts as a crossover but I've been having... ideas involving Portal (the games) and SSSS...
And they go two ways:
1) What would happen if you took the crew members and stuck them in Chell's position as a test person?
Once you get Lalli to move (the cake lie worked only once), he aces every test. Needs rewards in shape of cookies.
Emil is all hyped about doing cool portal stuff and winning challenges... only to run away screaming from the turrets.
Tuuri finds a screwdriver somewhere, proceeds to open and study the portal gun, the turrets and in the end, GLaDOS as well. She wins the game.
Sigrun argues with GLaDOS to get the hardest puzzles and proceeds to muscle her way through. The turrets are scared of her.
Reynir figures out all the fun stuff with portals. Tends to squeak or yell happily while doing so.
Mikkel sits in a corner and refuses to even look at the portal gun and grumbles about why it had to be a gun. And requiring exact aiming. Why. His superior intellectual tells him exactly how to solve the puzzles... if he could only hit his targets.
Kitty is just herself and tends to climb on GLaDOS. And attack/play-fight turrets.

2) Let me introduce you the concept of the Portal "Long Fall Boots" to the world of SSSS
(watch the trailer for the boots if you don't know how they look or what they do:
Spoiler: show

Now that you know or if you knew them before... imagine, what if boots similar to these were a thing in SSSS?

Spoiler: show
Imagine that the Finns (yes, for once it's the Finns being all technical, for plot reasons) developed these boots for scouts and hunters - nokia started out with shoes, getting back to the roots (broots?) is always an option - sometime until Y90 and with the rest of the Nordics not really interested in what the Finns are plotting in their forests, the invention never crossed the border. The SSSS long fall boots enhance running speed, jumping stats and enable safe landing from long jumps, giving scouts and hunters an advantage while running from monsters or scouting an area. They are usually worn when the area is known to be dangerous so they're not a permanent fixture but Lalli is used to having them on here and there.
When Lalli shows up at the pier in the beginning of the story, he doesn't have any Long Fall Boots with him bc they are usually stored in the headquarters for maintenance and only given out when needed. So they start off without them but sometime later in the story Taru manages to get them a pair shipped thanks to connections. Cue Lalli having a "MINE!!!" reaction when someone holds them up and wonders why the hell the others sent them high-heeled boots. And this time, Lalli is not above doing a demonstration of what these can let him do. He spends the rest of the expedition defending his boots from Sigrun who wants to try them on.

I'm am totally void of any base motives such as wanting to see Lalli in functional high-heels and doing badass jumping motions.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 05:46:10 PM by Aki »
Languages:
fluent: :switzerland: :germany: :france: :uk:
knows: :vaticancity:, ancient :greece:
learned some: :japan:
can read to some extent: :italy: :spain: etc.
wants to learn: :finland:
You may use any of my "Imagine X" or headcanons for your writing or art as long as you link back to me or my original post if you feel like you stayed true to it.
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :book2: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: