Poll

What other comic/book/movie/TV show do you want to see crossed over with SSSS?

Walking Dead
Thor (Marvel)
Planet of the Apes (Not the Tim Burton one)
The Expendables
Star Wars
Star Trek
The Matrix
World War Z
Another comic from Hiveworks (specify below)
You think I have no taste, and will specify below so I can maybe add your option to the poll.
SSSS don't need no crossover!
Classic Western

Author Topic: SSSS CROSSOVER TIME!  (Read 99128 times)

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
Re: SSSS CROSSOVER TIME!
« Reply #195 on: September 30, 2015, 10:42:11 AM »
Billions of blue blistering beasts!
"Æirhæded æioli-æþing grændæddy of a sæilor!"
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #196 on: September 30, 2015, 01:17:35 PM »
"Æirhæded æioli-æþing grændæddy of a sæilor!"
i'll have you know that hurt to read
you'll know where to find me.

JoB

« Reply #197 on: September 30, 2015, 02:17:19 PM »
i'll have you know that hurt to read
Be glad that we cannot quote sheer volume here ... ;)

PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #198 on: September 30, 2015, 05:28:24 PM »
Be glad that we cannot quote sheer volume here ... ;)

I'd forgotten just how much I enjoyed Captain Haddock's rants. If any part of Britain survived to the Year 90, I'm sure he'd be their Admiral Olsen equivalent.
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

John Candlebury

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • No John, you are the demons
« Reply #199 on: October 10, 2015, 12:01:03 AM »
Quote from: Poll
STAR WARS   5 votes

What is this Rebel Scum!?

Spoiler: Alliance Pilot Sigrun • show

Rebel Scum!
Silly me, warm ups are supposed to be easier that whatever you originally wanted to draw!

Would probably not work that well, but Minna drawing the Star Wars setting would  look so awesome
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 12:07:48 AM by John Candlebury »

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #200 on: October 10, 2015, 03:00:50 AM »

Rebel Scum!
Silly me, warm ups are supposed to be easier that whatever you originally wanted to draw!

Would probably not work that well, but Minna drawing the Star Wars setting would  look so awesome

Oh, man, that's wonderful! She looks weirdly sad, though - perhaps annoyed she didn't get to blow up the Death Star personally?
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
I write a bit on AO3

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #201 on: October 10, 2015, 07:30:47 AM »

Rebel Scum!

One of those votes were from me actually.

I want Sigrun as a Rogue Squadron pilot in my life. And Mikkel and Reynir as master and padawan.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #202 on: October 10, 2015, 09:52:03 AM »
Not sure if this has been done before, but was there a Girl Genius crossover?
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Fauna

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #203 on: October 10, 2015, 09:54:35 AM »
Another Hivework comic - I think it would mix up really well with Far to the North, personally xD

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #204 on: October 13, 2015, 09:35:47 AM »

Rebel Scum!

OK, that's pretty cool
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

John Candlebury

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • No John, you are the demons
« Reply #205 on: October 15, 2015, 11:48:03 PM »
Thanks for the compliments! :D

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #206 on: October 24, 2015, 05:08:30 PM »
Inspired by Haiz's crew-as-dragons arts (and Feartheviolas' art as well), a crossover between SSSS and How to Train Your Dragon:

The town of Dalsnes in what will one day become Norway recently (about 40 years ago) discovered the latest craze sweeping the North Sea communities – dragons! Now the inhabitants of this sleepy little community can’t get enough of the scaly fire breathers, although village elder Trond Andersen wishes he could get his people to maybe focus on some other issues now and then.

Local horse-owner Mikkel Madsen has switched his stables over to housing dragons. Every time the local kids take them out for a fly he begs them to return them in the state they found them in – no scratches, no missing scales, no snapped horns. He’s forever disappointed.

Tuuri always wanted to see the world and now she has her chance, on the back of an alarmingly overeager dragon which answers to the name of Reynir. Her adventurous spirit, combined with Reynir’s puppy-dog eagerness to please and show how good a dragon he is, often leads them to range far and wide from Dalsnes, scouting the mountains and pulling impressive slaloms down sheer ravines. Tuuri's training of Reynir proceeds well and he hardly ever crashes these days. Hardly.

Emil, nephew to a wealthy but sleazy snake-oil salesman of an alchemist called Torbjörn, arrived a bit late to the whole dragon-buying thing and was lumped with a standoffish swamp dragon called Lalli. Crushed that his new mount can’t breathe one iota of fire, he uses his alchemical knowledge to jury-rig a flamethrower to make up for that. To everyone’s surprise, this odd pair actually hit it off, and can often be seen keeping Dalsnes safe from the odd troll or even giant that gets a bit too close to the town.

Local legend speaks of a dragon-riding prodigy from Dalsnes who was one of the first wave of dragon riders. They say this woman, called Sigrun Eide, tamed a dreaded Night Fury at the age of just thirteen – but all of a sudden, not long after that, she got on her dragon and flew south, never to be seen again.
Turns out that Sigrun, glory hound that she is, always felt she was destined for greatness and never fancied confining herself to boring old Dalsnes. So when rumours of a great empire to the south and a potential life of adventure reached her young ears, she jumped at the call. Now, seventeen years later, say hello to Legatus Sigrun Eide, commanding officer of Legio X Draconis and the Roman Empire’s go-to woman when they want a problem solved. Between a crossbow-wielding Sigrun in full plate armour, her nigh-unstoppable dragon mount, and the entire legion of professional soldiers at her beck and call, you'd be wise not to get in her way - as the tribes of Germania have found to their cost. Let's hope that Rome doesn't set its sights on Scandinavia next...

And this is what I do instead of work these days...
I write a bit on AO3

JoB

« Reply #207 on: October 24, 2015, 06:57:09 PM »
Crushed that his new mount can’t breathe one iota of fire, he uses his alchemical knowledge to jury-rig a flamethrower to make up for that.
For a moment, I read that as the dragon being disdainful that Emil cannot breathe fire, and Emil bringing in his cleanser apparel to get some respect from his mount again ... :D

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #208 on: October 24, 2015, 07:04:35 PM »
For a moment, I read that as the dragon being disdainful that Emil cannot breathe fire, and Emil bringing in his cleanser apparel to get some respect from his mount again ... :D
Ahaha, not my original intention, although now you mention it...
I write a bit on AO3

ClairityKoi

« Reply #209 on: October 24, 2015, 07:46:22 PM »
I think anything that involves secret worlds and magic could possibly jive well with the whole SSSS-theme. A Prague Race crossover would be excellent, and so would The Meek (which finally resumed halleleujah!).

Also, the squee-nicorn (squee + unicorn) inside me would like to see a drawing of Tuuri and Reynir of SSSS and face to face with Almond and Cucumber from Cucumber Quest, and smiling half out of politeness, and half out of general excitability.
It's not leaving the comfort of your shell, it's expanding its confines... <3