Poll

What other comic/book/movie/TV show do you want to see crossed over with SSSS?

Walking Dead
Thor (Marvel)
Planet of the Apes (Not the Tim Burton one)
The Expendables
Star Wars
Star Trek
The Matrix
World War Z
Another comic from Hiveworks (specify below)
You think I have no taste, and will specify below so I can maybe add your option to the poll.
SSSS don't need no crossover!
Classic Western

Author Topic: SSSS CROSSOVER TIME!  (Read 99216 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: SSSS CROSSOVER TIME!
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2015, 05:28:51 AM »
I swear there's a drawing of that somewhere, I just can't find it.
SWOOPS IN
i actually linked to it in This Very Thread
A GREAT THING HAS HAPPENED
I know there was talk about a lotr au earlier in this thread so...... ANYWAY. a tumblr anon messaged me about a lotr au some time back, and now someone has drawn it and it's fantastic
here it is:

credit to tumblr user illegalmuppetfighting!!
you'll know where to find me.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2015, 10:27:28 AM »
I have an option: Team Fortress 2.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2015, 11:11:52 AM »
I have an option: Team Fortress 2.

In that case I have good news for you. The best news in fact: the very talented Almond-Goddess has already been there and done that!

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2015, 11:17:04 AM »
In that case I have good news for you. The best news in fact: the very talented Almond-Goddess has already been there and done that!

What. Yes. This is amazing!
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2015, 12:21:29 PM »

I wanted to start listing the things I like in this picture but then I realized I like everything. IT'S JUST PERFECT. Thank you, Almond Goddess.

Okay, I can't help it... SCOUT LALLI!!!! MEDIC MIKKEL! SNIPER SIGRUUUN! ENGINEER TUURI!!! DEMO EMIL! Ermagherd, ermagherdermagherdermagherd...
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2015, 04:52:39 PM »
I wanted to start listing the things I like in this picture but then I realized I like everything. IT'S JUST PERFECT. Thank you, Almond Goddess.

Okay, I can't help it... SCOUT LALLI!!!! MEDIC MIKKEL! SNIPER SIGRUUUN! ENGINEER TUURI!!! DEMO EMIL! Ermagherd, ermagherdermagherdermagherd...

I don't play this game so I don't know what he is, but don't miss the stealthy Reynir head floating on the left ;)
YEET

ClairityKoi

« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2015, 05:21:38 PM »
I don't play this game so I don't know what he is, but don't miss the stealthy Reynir head floating on the left ;)

It's all so fitting... except I'm not really sure how "sheep-herder" exactly translates to spy? :P I mean for everyone else their roles are pretty synonymous with the archetypal group roles provided in Team Fortress 2, but Reynir is a fairly new character, without an established role so far, so to me it seems just a 'teeeeensy' bit presumptuous? Is it based on his ability to wander into other people's dreamscapes? I'm not really sure how that translates still though, I mean every TF2 character is able to go to eachother's bases, as it's kind of the point of the game. :P
It's not leaving the comfort of your shell, it's expanding its confines... <3

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2015, 11:46:22 PM »
It's all so fitting... except I'm not really sure how "sheep-herder" exactly translates to spy? :P I mean for everyone else their roles are pretty synonymous with the archetypal group roles provided in Team Fortress 2, but Reynir is a fairly new character, without an established role so far, so to me it seems just a 'teeeeensy' bit presumptuous? Is it based on his ability to wander into other people's dreamscapes? I'm not really sure how that translates still though, I mean every TF2 character is able to go to eachother's bases, as it's kind of the point of the game. :P

IIRC, it was drawn before Reynir was introduced, so no one knew yet what his role was.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

ClairityKoi

« Reply #143 on: July 09, 2015, 12:12:27 AM »
IIRC, it was drawn before Reynir was introduced, so no one knew yet what his role was.

Then obviously we need to go to Valve and complain a "Sheep Herder" position into existence. That way it will make sense anyway!
It's not leaving the comfort of your shell, it's expanding its confines... <3

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #144 on: July 09, 2015, 11:11:16 AM »
Then obviously we need to go to Valve and complain a "Sheep Herder" position into existence. That way it will make sense anyway!

Hey, TF2 needs a 10th class anyway.

Myferi

« Reply #145 on: July 24, 2015, 03:38:46 AM »
So I searched the forum and didn't see anything here regarding this particular crossover. It didn't fit in the art thread, since I'm using existing art, and not in the meme thread since these aren't memes... they're cards. Without further ado, I present our heroes (along with an explanation of the colour choices for each):

Tuuri, thirsting for knowledge (blue), loves her family and is generally very friendly/sociable (white). Her abilities are meant to scale with Human Warriors so that when Emil or Sigrun (and others) are on the battlefield (searching for books) she can return the books (by paying the cost). Additionally, if one of the Warriors returns home/to the cat tank (returning to hand), she presumably gains some knowledge from the stuff they bring back, hence draw a card. Tuuri had a perfect quote for this. There was one 'better' picture of her, but I couldn't resist the nose against the card frame.

Ah, Emil. He's really quite selfish (black) and impulsive (red). Note that black doesn't mean "evil", as Emil clearly isn't evil. He's just... self-centered to quite a large degree. He clearly cares for his cousins in Mora, and Lalli too, and that falls under red's emotional aspect. Since he's armed with explosives and fire, he does lots of damage (4). He can also throw grenades!
Yet again I use that same art of Emil, because it's just so right for the task at hand.

Lalli was a tough one. He's a loner, introvert, and shows little concern for others, so that's black (again, not evil though). I chose green because he's clearly in tune with nature and the spirit world. He's not impulsive enough for red, not a knowledge-seeker so blue wouldn't fly, and he cares not for rules or structure, so white is out. His ability is meant to reflect his effectiveness when alone (for non-MtG players; hexproof means other players can't target him with any spells, such as ones that might hurt him, and shadow means he can't be blocked by any creature who doesn't also have shadow).
His art and quote were easy, obvious choices.

Mikkel was easy. He's a stickler for the rules, and a healer. That's as white as MtG gets. Once we get more backstory for him we could add more colours (there must be a reason he's been fired so often?), and I nearly added green because of his farmer background (so he clearly would be good with animals). He's not a combatant so his damage (1) is poor, but he's bulky so a 4 toughness suits him. He also prevents damage!
Even easier was his picture and quote. Just perfect, really.

Ahh, Sigrun. She's impulsive and quick to anger (red), but also part of a rigid structure (the military) and has enough common sense to follow (some of) the rules of being in the Silent world (white). She's a card you'd want in your opening hand so you can put her onto the battlefield and grab another Warrior (Emil?) to join her immediately. First strike means she'll kill enemies before they kill her, which seemed appropriate.
Sigrun has the most wonderful faces in the webcomic, but this image seemed most 'leader-y'. I also love that quote of hers.

...That's what I have so far. I wanted to do Reynir, but we know so little of his abilities, apart from him being a dreamwalker like Lalli, but different. I'd hesitantly made him green/blue (spiritual, and clearly curious enough about the world to leave his home on a whim) but there's really not enough information on him to do much more. I'm also thinking about artifacts (their guns, the Cat-Tank) and lands (the cities, Silent lands, etc.). If there are any other MtG players out there, feedback would be awesome :D

And yes, that's the SSSS hexagon symbol in the middle bar. The program I used to create these has awesome editing features.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 11:32:13 PM by Myferi »
Fluent: :latvia: :australia: :italy:
Forgotten most of: :germany:

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2015, 05:27:45 AM »
heh :D The geekiness is strong with this one. These made me smile, altough I'm not much of a MTG player. (I can play and am vaguely familiar with some of the attributes of different colors, but I get bored fast as with most card or board games, so I keep it very casual. My feedback is limited by this.)

Very nice work with all of them! I particularly like how Tuuri, Emil and Lalli's cards work, and the choice of art and text for Tuuri.

I wonder, would it be possible to make a couple usable decks - one with humans (red-white or red-white-green), one for trolls (red-black)? Is this something fans even do? Balancing is probably very difficult, but at least there is enough material in the comic on the human side so far, and beasts should soon catch up. I doubt they'll ever get so diverse as the human characters, but there are workarounds, like having recently infected people on their side, for instance.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2015, 05:36:20 AM »
Wonderful initiative!  ;D I really like the effort you put into each of their cards - I think they suit them :D
Spoiler: show
I used to play Magic with my dad when I was small and now I have a deck that I play casually with my bf sometimes. It happens to be red/black, so Emil could be in it \(^o^)/

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Cancvas

• Middle aged potbellied grump.
  • Preferred pronouns: hän
« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2015, 07:15:44 AM »
Very nice. I had umm... maybe even have, a MtG deck. Never got around to play really, but enough to appreciate this. Very nice.

-C
Native: :fi:
Adequate: :gb: / :us:, Administrative: :se:
Studied: :de:
Considering :fr:
Being friendly cost nothing and often pays off. Just spice it with grain of salt.

P__

« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2015, 12:21:57 PM »
Yay!
I never play (because reasons) but i do like MtG.

Great cards!

For Reynir, the Shepherd, we need as you said to learn a bit more, but for now I'm thinking you could have something like:
0/2 human mage; "X, tap: put a target human mage costing X or less into play from your hand"
That refers to his helping Lalli find his way to Onni. Or some kind of mana boost, for barging in with crates of food^^

And of course the cattank needs to return creatures to your hand, to work with Tuuri ;)
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: