Poll

What other comic/book/movie/TV show do you want to see crossed over with SSSS?

Walking Dead
Thor (Marvel)
Planet of the Apes (Not the Tim Burton one)
The Expendables
Star Wars
Star Trek
The Matrix
World War Z
Another comic from Hiveworks (specify below)
You think I have no taste, and will specify below so I can maybe add your option to the poll.
SSSS don't need no crossover!
Classic Western

Author Topic: SSSS CROSSOVER TIME!  (Read 99180 times)

LooNEY_DAC

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • DeviantArt
Re: SSSS CROSSOVER TIME!
« Reply #315 on: April 16, 2016, 12:03:06 AM »
So, an A:TLA fanart led to a small headcanon upon which I intend to expound (under a spoiler):
Spoiler: show
So, the notion of Emil being a firebender with power incontinence per se brings with it, in my mind, a set of corollaries, as follows: Emil is an exile from the Fire Nation, as he's considered an embarrassment to them due to his problem, and it's a measure of their weird friendship that Lalli takes the time and trouble (without considering it a bother) to clean up after Emil. This has never happened to Emil before; not even his family acts like this--while they put his fires out, they take pains to let him know how much of a problem he is to them.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #316 on: April 16, 2016, 12:31:13 AM »
LooNEY, I reckon there might be a good fic in that. Maybe Lalli might help Emil to finally get it right, and when Emil's folk are willing to have him back, he might refuse?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #317 on: April 16, 2016, 09:20:20 AM »
So, an A:TLA fanart led to a small headcanon upon which I intend to expound (under a spoiler):
Spoiler: show
So, the notion of Emil being a firebender with power incontinence per se brings with it, in my mind, a set of corollaries, as follows: Emil is an exile from the Fire Nation, as he's considered an embarrassment to them due to his problem, and it's a measure of their weird friendship that Lalli takes the time and trouble (without considering it a bother) to clean up after Emil. This has never happened to Emil before; not even his family acts like this--while they put his fires out, they take pains to let him know how much of a problem he is to them.

LooNEY, I reckon there might be a good fic in that. Maybe Lalli might help Emil to finally get it right, and when Emil's folk are willing to have him back, he might refuse?

Why do I not have time to take on any more writing projects? I want to see this crossover happen!
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #318 on: April 16, 2016, 10:13:09 AM »

Why do I not have time to take on any more writing projects? I want to see this crossover happen!
Ummmmm…

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #319 on: April 16, 2016, 01:39:36 PM »
Greek gods: Sigrun as Athena Mikkel as Zeus, Reynir as Eros (Cupid), Tuuri as a female Hephaestus, Lalli as...hmm, maybe Artemis, and Emil as Ares.
ahhhhhhhhh greek gods would make a super cool AU except that personally i disagree with everything except Lalli as Artemis aha ha ha

- Sigrun is nowhere near wise or patient enough to be Athena, but Ares?? yes absolutely please. or even better: NIKE SIGRUN
- Mikkel could be Hestia, maybe. or Demeter? Hera?? if he was better at doctor stuff i'd say Asklepios, but alas.... oh oh ohhh hades mikkel
- Reynir as Pan (wilderness and shepherding!), or some pretty nymph or dryad maybe..... (palm tree dryad reynir. imagine)
- tUURI AS HERMES!!!!!!!! a sly weasel, a messenger, god of language and travel, a jack-of-all-trades
- artemis lalli is perfect
- Emil is hard........ I might say Apollo for being a golden prettyboy. Aphrodite emil? Dionysus, another pretty boy with a dark side?

bonus: Onni as Hecate, goddess of magic and crossroads
i would also advice against thinking too hard about what the family tree would look like

edit: also also also. reynir as hemera (day) and lalli as nyx (night) could be kinda rad?

another crossover i'd like to propose is....... has anyone here seen Wander over Yonder? could you imagine Wander and Reynir meeting? could you imagine the helping?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:46:37 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #320 on: April 16, 2016, 02:01:43 PM »
- Emil is hard........ I might say Apollo for being a golden prettyboy. Aphrodite emil? Dionysus, another pretty boy with a dark side?
Not Adonis, the archetype of prettyboys?

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #321 on: April 16, 2016, 02:09:35 PM »
ahhhhhhhhh greek gods would make a super cool AU
I was just thinking about this in Latin class yesterday! I was just about to doodle the Greek Gods!crew on the back of my homework, when I realized I couldn't find my homework, and I kind of forgot about it for a while. My input:
NIKE SIGRUN! *chants* Nike Sigrun, Nike Sigrun, Nike Sigrun!
Hades Mikkel. Hermes Tuuri. Artemis Lalli. *nod nods* Yes.
I prefer Apollo Emil over Adonis Emil, because SUN = FIRE = EMIL, and Apollo is associated with the sun.
I approve of Nymph Reynir. On the other hand, I just can't get the image of Persephone Reynir out of my head...
Edit: Nyx-Lalli and Hemera-Reynir would be really cool!
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #322 on: April 16, 2016, 02:20:27 PM »
Not Adonis, the archetype of prettyboys?
but was he a god? it's entirelly possible he was god-ified later (like heracles nd psyche) but i haven't really heard of him as part of the pantheon... not saying my knowledge of greek mythology is in any way complete

I prefer Apollo Emil over Adonis Emil, because SUN = FIRE = EMIL, and Apollo is associated with the sun.
if you wanna go full sun, there's always Helios - he was a titan though. Prometheus, who brought humans fire, is eligible as well maybe?

I approve of Nymph Reynir. On the other hand, I just can't get the image of Persephone Reynir out of my head...
oh I did consider Persephone for him too, but Persephone is actually desrcibed as pretty terrifying in several sources! if Reynir was a little more kickass, maybe...............
one could also consider Morpheus, the god of dreams O:

and ooooooo if you have drawings I wanna seeeeee

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #323 on: April 16, 2016, 03:03:22 PM »
but was he a god? it's entirelly possible he was god-ified later (like heracles nd psyche) but i haven't really heard of him as part of the pantheon... not saying my knowledge of greek mythology is in any way complete
Nope, he wasn't a god, though my knowledge of the mix of gods and heroes and humans and halfgods and whatnot of the greek mythology is not complete for me neither.
Ooh yes I had forgotten about the fire thing. So Emil should be Apollo, you convinced me.

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #324 on: April 16, 2016, 03:07:18 PM »
but was he a god? it's entirelly possible he was god-ified later (like heracles nd psyche) but i haven't really heard of him as part of the pantheon...
Spoiler: me rambling about greek mythology • show
Now that I've actually bothered to look this up, Adonis was mortal. His story was one of those tragic "red flowers grew where his blood stained the grass" sort of stories, like those of Narcissus and Hyacinth.
Again, now that I've bothered to look stuff up, I'm definitely seeing more of Persephone's scary side.  Reynir doesn't seem very "Queen of Death"...
Morpheus Reynir, hmm. I like Morpheus Onni, too...
Maybe Iris Reynir? Since he put Lalli in contact with Onni in the dream world, he's kind of like a messenger?

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #325 on: April 16, 2016, 03:40:37 PM »
Nope, he wasn't a god, though my knowledge of the mix of gods and heroes and humans and halfgods and whatnot of the greek mythology is not complete for me neither.
the line between who was a god and who was 'just' a mythic hero is not always clear, especially seeing as a lot of them did become gods later (romans especially loved to do this), and it also probably differed from polis to polis how godly someone was.

at this moment I have a pretty good grip on the greek myths, seeing as I had ancient greek/roman religion as a subject in school last semester, and the fact that I've actually read up on several of them lately, and i was in athens just yesterday.......... to be 100% honest it's not the pantheon I wanted to accidentally 'specialize' in, but here i am

Spoiler: me rambling about greek mythology • show
Now that I've actually bothered to look this up, Adonis was mortal. His story was one of those tragic "red flowers grew where his blood stained the grass" sort of stories, like those of Narcissus and Hyacinth.
Again, now that I've bothered to look stuff up, I'm definitely seeing more of Persephone's scary side.  Reynir doesn't seem very "Queen of Death"...
Morpheus Reynir, hmm. I like Morpheus Onni, too...
Maybe Iris Reynir? Since he put Lalli in contact with Onni in the dream world, he's kind of like a messenger?

Iris Reynir sounds pretty good too! rainbows all the way

I'm still a fan of Dionysus Emil, but I know most people imagine that particular god as an old drunk aha ha... he was actually really pretty and androgynous, and with minna saying emil could have a 'dark side' does fit a bit with his 'god of madness' aspect........ Apollo Emil is maybe the easiest to imagine though. but can you imagine emil playing the lyre and reciting poetry and prophecies

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #326 on: April 16, 2016, 04:20:45 PM »
I'm still a fan of Dionysus Emil, but I know most people imagine that particular god as an old drunk aha ha... he was actually really pretty and androgynous, and with minna saying emil could have a 'dark side' does fit a bit with his 'god of madness' aspect........ Apollo Emil is maybe the easiest to imagine though. but can you imagine emil playing the lyre and reciting poetry and prophecies
Picture the scene: the team is looting a house when they come across an old guitar (not quite a lyre, but close enough). Emil picks it up, saying, "I know what this is! It's called violin!" He proceeds to make awful, out of tune twanging noises. Lalli covers his ears. This was the closest I could come to imagining Emil playing the lyre.   ;D
 Ehhhhh... I've always found Dionysus a bit scary. That's just me, though

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #327 on: April 16, 2016, 04:38:07 PM »
Ehhhhh... I've always found Dionysus a bit scary. That's just me, though
he is! and so is emil, very very lowkey......

also ahahaha EMIL PUT THAT INSTRUMENT DOWN

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #328 on: April 16, 2016, 06:01:20 PM »
I drew the crew as Greek gods, yay! (Here's a link because I couldn't get the image thingy to work, for some reason. If you can't see it at first, try reloading the page.)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eak2g7j8712p4bw/20160416_173532.jpg?dl=0
Left to right: Nike Sigrun, Apollo Emil, Hades Mikkel, Hermes Tuuri, Iris Reynir (rainbows!), and Artemis Lalli.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #329 on: April 16, 2016, 06:14:50 PM »
I drew the crew as Greek gods, yay! (Here's a link because I couldn't get the image thingy to work, for some reason. If you can't see it at first, try reloading the page.)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eak2g7j8712p4bw/20160416_173532.jpg?dl=0
Left to right: Nike Sigrun, Apollo Emil, Hades Mikkel, Hermes Tuuri, Iris Reynir (rainbows!), and Artemis Lalli.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!! THEY'RE SO CUTE and perfect!!! thank you for drawing themmmmmm