Poll

What other comic/book/movie/TV show do you want to see crossed over with SSSS?

Walking Dead
Thor (Marvel)
Planet of the Apes (Not the Tim Burton one)
The Expendables
Star Wars
Star Trek
The Matrix
World War Z
Another comic from Hiveworks (specify below)
You think I have no taste, and will specify below so I can maybe add your option to the poll.
SSSS don't need no crossover!
Classic Western

Author Topic: SSSS CROSSOVER TIME!  (Read 98213 times)

Rhynerd

• Ranger
  • Positively Rhynerdy!
Re: SSSS CROSSOVER TIME!
« Reply #435 on: July 25, 2017, 02:41:03 AM »
Has anyone done a crossover between SSSS and Lovecraft?  The idea kind of came when posted the couplet to the Skype chat:

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.
A similar idea comes from the aforementioned crossover of SSSS and Fallen London. Heck, the quote you have there could possibly fit the current mayor of London, Feducci of the Black Ribbon Society.

Anyways, I'm gonna go fire off a bunch of ideas into this spoiler and let you folks pick 'em apart:

Spoiler: show

-The Endless video games by Amplitude Studios (maybe Endless Legend as a start)
-The Blendo Universe (would be a bit tough, considering some details)
-The Battletech Universe
-The Culture Series (which I should probably give a read at some point)
-The Planescape... planes?
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17:
This fellow here Is responsible for my current avatar.

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #436 on: July 25, 2017, 07:44:32 AM »
Has anyone done a crossover between SSSS and Lovecraft?

Well, this was probably not what you were thinking of, but... sort... of?
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #437 on: July 25, 2017, 12:28:55 PM »
Necro-ing this thread, which is appropriate.

Has anyone done a crossover between SSSS and Lovecraft?  The idea kind of came when posted the couplet to the Skype chat:

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

That strikes me as somewhat apropos.  Many of Lovecraft's shambling horrors could be explained as trolls and giants in the univerSSSSe.

It would be almost redundant though — SSSS is one of these stories that, while not being directly inspired by Lovecraft, would not exist without the lovecraftian osmosis in popular culture. Minna said SSSS was inspired by The Thing, and The Thing itself is very reminiscent of Lovecraft's At The Mountains of Madness.

Edit: I do remember someone writing an SSSS AU fic explicitely inspired by The Music of Erich Zann.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 12:31:01 PM by Rollo »
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

Ilral

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #438 on: July 25, 2017, 01:45:58 PM »
As far as the Endless series:
There aren't really any necromantic-type entities in the Endlessverse (unless there was something in Dungeon I missed). Maybe the Necrophages/Cravers, or some corrupted Dust created the trolls?

The Swedes are the Vaulters, though, no question of that.
:chap14:
:chap15:
:chap16:

Rhynerd

• Ranger
  • Positively Rhynerdy!
« Reply #439 on: July 25, 2017, 08:11:57 PM »
The necrophage come close in the "all-devouring monstronsities" categories, but if you want remnants of the dead, look towards the Wraiths. They might not seem like much, but they're what's left of the virtual Endless that used to inhabit the planet.
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17:

Ilral

• Tumblr
« Reply #440 on: July 26, 2017, 02:04:13 AM »
The necrophage come close in the "all-devouring monstronsities" categories, but if you want remnants of the dead, look towards the Wraiths. They might not seem like much, but they're what's left of the virtual Endless that used to inhabit the planet.
But the necrophages don't turn other people into necrophages, they just eat them and breed fast. Still, a Craver/phage infested world would be an interesting setting for a crossover.

Rhynerd

• Ranger
  • Positively Rhynerdy!
« Reply #441 on: July 27, 2017, 12:19:41 AM »
True, but the wraiths could work as Endless versions of the different spirits the crew have encountered so far.

Also, it would probably be interesting to see an expedition into a world inhabited by either the necrophage or the cravers.

Ilral

• Tumblr
« Reply #442 on: July 27, 2017, 01:22:27 AM »
True, but the wraiths could work as Endless versions of the different spirits the crew have encountered so far.

Also, it would probably be interesting to see an expedition into a world inhabited by either the necrophage or the cravers.
"Wait, so what do these guys do again?"
"Take you as slaves and work you to death in concentration camps."
"Sounds pretty chill, I like it."

Rhynerd

• Ranger
  • Positively Rhynerdy!
« Reply #443 on: July 27, 2017, 03:08:55 AM »
"Wait, so what do these guys do again?"
"Take you as slaves and work you to death in concentration camps."
"Sounds pretty chill, I like it."
"We've got plans to eat you at some point"
"Before or after I die?"
*the craver shrugs*

MR_PLINKETT

« Reply #444 on: August 12, 2017, 12:12:11 AM »
Throwing another Fallout New Vegas one in the midst.

Sigrun- A mercenary who's been wandering around the wasteland. Grew up in a rough town, got into a gang as a young girl. Had a lot of issues involving drugs,especially jet. But eventually joined the NCR's military as a way out. She was a resounding soldier and everyone loved her. She achieved the rank of captain before an incident in which a large group of civvies were gunned down and she couldn't take it anymore. Now she just wanders around the wasteland looking for meaning.

Mikkel-Weird middle aged farmer. He's a doctor(rather someone who knows where to stick needles if were being real here) who can patch you up. He's known by most folk as being quiet and honest. Kinda of a rascal but he can bring some insight into the world and the other factions. Has a strange sense of humor. Maybe the rads did a number on him.

Emil-Son of wealthy traders, but as his families business was bought out by crimson caravan. They fell on hard times. He finds himself working for a group of mercs who like to blow things up. He mostly just stands around with the others just doing nothing as he collects a paycheck. He doesn't like the dust, it gets in his hair.

Onni- After raiders killed a good portion of his family in a shootout. Onni took his sister and cousin away to a small town far outside New Vegas. He hates the wasteland for legitimate reasons. Often involving his fear of raiders and mutants.

Lalli-Local shootist with an old hunting rifle. Known for killing geckos and any other thing that comes to close to the little town. Knows his way around the wasteland. Doesn't like it to much. He does however bring stuff for tuuri to play with.

Tuuri- The local tinkerer who loves to play around with old cars,gadgets, shit anything really. She wants to see New Vegas more than anything in the whole world. To drink up the sights and sounds. She's held back by her brother who keeps her around to help run his little store they own. She fixes anything anyone happens to have the caps for. She's often seen repairing the old water filter that keeps the town running.

Reynir- Although he was born on a good farm in NCR territory. He ran away and became a courier. He likes it well enough because nobody suspects him of carrying packages. It wasn't until he got tangled up in some strange thing with a platinum chip that he ended up almost dying. Some guy called Benny shot him in the head and left him for dead in a short grave. If it weren't for doc Mitchell and a strange robot called 'Kisu' he would have died. Now looks for the men who tried to kill him.

It's basically just New Vegas: SSSS edition really.

Olga Veresk

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Il n'y a que le premier pas qui coûte
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #445 on: December 28, 2017, 08:19:07 AM »
My gift for Kat Sohma.

I love musicals, Phantom of the Opera is one of my favourite. Kat said in her list about Phantom of the Opera & Reynir, so I decided to make this crossover.

Native: :russia: Fluent: Intermediate: :france: Try to learn: :denmark: :japan:

Survived: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::book3::chap17::chap18::chap19:

ZanarNaryon

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #446 on: April 07, 2018, 08:51:21 AM »
(Couldn't find any better place to write this)

I was reading through the SCP wiki the other day, when I noticed some interesting similarities between the Rash, specifically giants, and SCP-001 S. D. Locke's proposal: When Day breaks.
http://www.scp-wiki.net/shaggydredlocks-proposal

Paraphrased:
Classification: Apollyon (Extreme threat, no known way to prevent or contain. TL:DR: We're f***ed)
Special Contentement Procedures:
SCP-001 cannot be contained. Survivors of SCP-001 are to remain in contact with each other, and are encouraged to attempt to reach Site 19. Personell with knowledge of the O5 council's whereabouts are to relay it to the Administrator.
Survivors forced to travel outside must cover themselves completely, preferably in multiple layers. Avoid direct sunlight and areas with formerly high population density. Travel by air is preferable. Personnel exposed to SCP-001 are to be considered lost.
Collective instances of SCP-001-A are to be avoided. Electric weapons have proven effective at partially immobilizing instances. Incendiary weapons work as well. Cryogenic weapons are most effective thus far. Should it be required, you are permitted to... Consume instances of SCP-001-A for sustenance.
Personnel at Site 19 are to direct their focus at off-world colonization.
Note from the Administrator
To those of you with families, or, god forbid, children - I'm deeply, deeply sorry, you must push on. Do not let their deaths be in vain. We do still have time.
Humanity may still have a future. Come to Site 19. We need all the hands we can get.
Learn to embrace the darkness, friends. Fear the light

Description
SCP-001 is the designation given to the sun following an event leading to an estimated 6.8 billion casualties within 24 hours. The effect caused by SCP-001 seem to originate from any kind of light from the visible spectrum, and is not exclusive to ultraviolet light. Upon contact with light carrying the SCP-001 effect, living organisms liquify completely. Despite the improbability, organisms remain alive, and at least semi-sentient throughout the process. Once the conversion is complete, the organism (SCP-001-A) will retain some degree of their former personality and/or instincts, unless they are absorbed into a larger mass, and often attempt to reform to their original forms, to varying degrees of success.
Instances of SCP-001-A that come into contact with each other may combine into a larger collective, seemingly without physical pain or discomfort. Since the activation or SCP-001, most instances of SCP-001-A have combined into collectives with no know maximum mass.

According to the log, there are several revisions or the file. One further down seems to be written by an instance of SCP-001-A. Note that much of this seem directed at a specific survivor:
Revision 4847/3RROR updated 985 days ago
Item:
Hurts
Classification: Apologize
Special Containment Procedure:
SCP-001 Should not be contained. Survivors of SCP-001 cannot truly be one, and are encouraged to get over themselves and stop thinking they know better.
You can't hide down there forever, love

Personnel exposed to SCP-001 aren't people you can just abandon. I didn't ask for you to save me. It wasn't your choice to make.
Electrical weapons Why? have proven effective at partially immobilizing instances. You couldn't stand seeing me better of. Incendiary weapons tickle.
Personnel stationed at Site-19 have no regrets. Neither did I. It's never too late, babe.

Description
SCP-001 is the designation given to the Sun, after we finally became free, leading to releasing us all from suffering. until you ripped me away. these changes seem scary, I know. Despite the improbability, you will not die
I promise
Instances of SCP-001-A that come into contact with each other may finally exist.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 09:20:32 AM by ZanarNaryon »
Native: :norway:
Fluent: :england:
Understands: :sweden: :denmark:
Unpracticed: :iceland:
Working on it: :germany:
A few assorted sentences in Quenya
:chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05: :A2chap06: :A2chap07:

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #447 on: March 26, 2020, 07:18:41 AM »
(wow it's been a while since anyone posted anything here... I hope it's ok for me to revive the topic a bit ^^")

Ok so I'm not sure how people here will respond to this... I'm not even sure why I created those in the first place. ^^"
But yeah, I made a bunch of designs for a SSSS and My Little Pony crossover... (please don't hate me)

It's not really a proper "crossover" with a specific story or anything... I just imagined what the crew would look like if they were all... ponies (because that's what I do)! It started as just sketches in my sketchbook, then I lined them, and finally I scanned and colored them all digitally.

I tried to find colors that match the human characters' designs and personnality, and I also had a bit of fun with light on one sketch on each page (I know the composition looks really weird and disorganised, I didn't plan on coloring my sketches at first, so I didn't pay any mind to what the finished result would look like). ^^"

The hardest thing to design was undoubtedly the ponies' Cutie Marks (the marks on their butts, in MLP they appear when a pony finds it's special talent, and it usually has something to do with the pony's activity or personality). Some are pretty straightforward, but others are not. :/

Anyway, here they are, after the crew as cats (http://sssscomic.com/mainimages/art/kitties_crew.jpg) by Minna, the crew as ponies! ^^"
I hope you like them (or, at least, you don't hate me for making them). I had a lot of fun drawing them all, and I think that's the most important thing x3

Deciding on each character's species as a pony was also an obstacle I came accross. I decided that the mages would be unicorns (because... magic ^^"). Of course Mikkel couldn't be anything other than an earth pony, and Sigrun's personnality was fitted for a pegasus. Tuuri is a pegasus because her "luonto" (I don't really know if it qualifies as a luonto since she's not a mage, but well ^^") is a lil' birdie. Finally, Emil is an earth pony because I wanted to have at least two of each specie in the crew (also he definetely would've been a unicorn if those weren't already taken by mages : he is as fabulous as one). Let's just say Emil is an earth pony with the heart of a unicorn. x)

Now that I think about it, these are not really proper MLP-style designs, since I drew them all with my own style, wich is quite different from the style of the show (after years in the MLP fandom I ended up drawing ponies almost like actual horses ^^")

*goes back to hiding under a rock*
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 08:52:18 AM by GaelleDragons »
*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is:

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #448 on: March 26, 2020, 07:24:02 AM »
No, don’t hide! This is fantastic! I love it!
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #449 on: March 26, 2020, 07:29:25 AM »
I am not very familiar with the MLP theme, have only seen bits of it when shown by small children. But I must say, freckled Reynir, sturdy Mikkel and unicorn Lalli are amusing!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!