Author Topic: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play  (Read 46157 times)

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Person by day, asleep by night.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/that idiot/ Anything else you feel like using
Re: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play
« Reply #480 on: June 03, 2021, 05:33:35 PM »
Alergo after eating breakfast, starts walking around the ship, something he had found calmed his nerves, until he sees an owl and some of the crew discussing over it. Curious about the bird he gets closer at the small group.

:dk: "Well, hello everyone, hope you are doing ok"

He then looks at the owl

:dk: "Well aren't you a beautiful bird"

Oliver holds out the leather pouch Baldrick bought, saying  :is: "We can approach John o' groats, go get the navigator and we can work out the way to our next destination"
Wait. The "captain" can't speak Icelandic. Weird for a norseman. Like a Briton who can't speak English.
Resorting to an old pre-rash British tradition, he says, loudly, clearly and slowly, to an almost patronisng degree:
 :eng: "We can approach John o' Groats. Go get the navigator and we can work out the way to our next destination."
:gb:-Native speaker
:fr:-conversational (once upon a time (2 years ago))
:fi:-basics
old english (wessex)-some
:ru:-can swear

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #481 on: June 03, 2021, 05:35:37 PM »
:is: "Not from me." Doc glances at the kitten, nervous about Mia before realizing that Marianne has it handled. "I left my fish with my sister."

He puts his hands in his pockets and sighs. :is: "Perhaps the owl could help scout? Or something? Like the cats do?"

:is: "That's literally what I just said that I use him for, anorak."

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #482 on: June 03, 2021, 07:51:24 PM »

Baldrick seems rather comfortable with Disa stroking him, moving his body to ensure she pushes his feathers the right way.

:is: "Navigation, scouting and message carrying. Plus Sara insisted I take him, as he imprinted on me as a chick and doesn't like being apart."

Dísa uses the moment to completely lose track of the conversation going on since the owl seems to like her. At least until Marianne adresses all of them.

Marianne stuffs Mia back in her pocket and looks around at her crewmates suspiciously.

:is: "Does anyone ELSE have any...assistants, or...familiars they'd like to reveal?"

Dísa stops stroking Baldrick to firmly shake her head.

":is: No. We have some cats at home but they all hate me, so I had no intention on bringing them along."

Since even the captain is here now and plans on where to go seem to be made, Dísa steps back a bit to let them discuss. And realizes she has just wasted another opportunity to get to know her crewmates by spending time with an animal instead. Well, better luck next time.
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

doorcf

« Reply #483 on: June 07, 2021, 12:27:17 AM »

Oliver holds out the leather pouch Baldrick bought, saying  :is: "We can approach John o' groats, go get the navigator and we can work out the way to our next destination"
Wait. The "captain" can't speak Icelandic. Weird for a norseman. Like a Briton who can't speak English.
Resorting to an old pre-rash British tradition, he says, loudly, clearly and slowly, to an almost patronisng degree:
 :eng: "We can approach John o' Groats. Go get the navigator and we can work out the way to our next destination."
Alergo takes the peather pouch and hears what Oliver has to say.

He then takes one of the papers out of the pouch and sees it is a message. Giving it a short reading and realizing we can't understand a thing he nods to Oliver before going to Saga's Cabin.

:se: "I really need to learn Islandic or how to speak English" says Alergo to himself while walking looking forward to meet his 2iC and unofficial translator.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 05:03:43 PM by doorcf »

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #484 on: June 13, 2021, 04:13:40 PM »
Leo silently listens to the flurry of conversation the new guest has brought aboard the boat before he resumes his patrol along the deck. His rifle is at the ready as he keeps turning his head to a fro to keep an eye on their surroundings. Once again he draws a bead on something out in the water and watches it through his scope for a while.

To the outside observer, he seems to be looking at a bundle of seaweed.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #485 on: June 14, 2021, 02:25:17 PM »
Alergo takes the peather pouch and hears what Oliver has to say.

He then takes one of the papers out of the pouch and sees it is a message. Giving it a short reading and realizing we can't understand a thing he nods to Oliver before going to Saga's Cabin.

:se: "I really need to learn Islandic or how to speak English" says Alergo to himself while walking looking forward to meet his 2iC and unofficial translator.

The norseman seems to have understood. Good.

Oliver begins to follow, but quickly overtakes Alergo with his much longer legs and less measured strides. When he reaches Saga's cabin, he knocks on the door loudly with the base of his fist, calling out  :eng: "Saga, I need you to translate for this "captain" bloke so we can plot our course, I've recieved permission to approach."

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #486 on: June 14, 2021, 02:41:13 PM »

The norseman seems to have understood. Good.

Oliver begins to follow, but quickly overtakes Alergo with his much longer legs and less measured strides. When he reaches Saga's cabin, he knocks on the door loudly with the base of his fist, calling out  :eng: "Saga, I need you to translate for this "captain" bloke so we can plot our course, I've recieved permission to approach."

"Mrrt?"

Autopilot on.

Looking worse than Leif does on his worst day, she opens the door. :is: "Wha."

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #487 on: June 14, 2021, 02:48:40 PM »
"Mrrt?"

Autopilot on.

Looking worse than Leif does on his worst day, she opens the door. :is: "Wha."

By all the gods of land and sea and sky. This woman really isn't suited to silent world operations, where sleep is a luxury, doubly so if you're the only person with a certain skill.

Oliver sighs, and repeats himself, slower and quieter.  :eng: "Saga, I need you to translate for this "captain" bloke so we can plot our course, I've recieved permission to approach."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 02:51:00 PM by R.M.S.N.P »

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #488 on: June 14, 2021, 02:53:38 PM »

By all the gods of land and sea and sky. This woman really isn't suited to silent world operations, where sleep is a luxury, doubly so if you're the only person with a certain skill.

Oliver sighs, and repeats himself, slower and quieter.  :eng: "Saga, I need you to translate for this "captain" bloke so we can plot our course, I've recieved permission to approach."

Glassy eyed and clearly elsewhere in mind, Saga turns to Alergo.

:no: "Saga, I need you to translate for this "captain" bloke so we can plot our course, I've recieved permission to approach."

doorcf

« Reply #489 on: June 14, 2021, 03:58:17 PM »
Glassy eyed and clearly elsewhere in mind, Saga turns to Alergo.

:no: "Saga, I need you to translate for this "captain" bloke so we can plot our course, I've recieved permission to approach."

Alergo has a short laugh before calming himself

:dk: "Sorry Saga, he meant to help him translate this message here from whatever language this is to something I understand" says Alergo giving Saga the message

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #490 on: June 14, 2021, 04:00:13 PM »

:dk: "Sorry Saga, he meant to help him translate this message here from whatever language this is to something I understand" says Alergo giving Saga the message

:gb: "Sorry Saga, he meant to help him translate this message here from whatever language this is to something I understand" she repeats, still glassy eyed and visibly asleep.

doorcf

« Reply #491 on: June 14, 2021, 04:06:11 PM »
:gb: "Sorry Saga, he meant to help him translate this message here from whatever language this is to something I understand" she repeats, still glassy eyed and visibly asleep.

:se: "ducks sake" mutters Alergo to himself as he tries to completely wake up Saga

:dk: "Saga, please, wake up"

phyrestorm999

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her
« Reply #492 on: June 14, 2021, 05:40:28 PM »
Marianne looks confusedly at Saga, then Alergo, then Oliver, then back to Saga, then walks off, heading for the ship's controls.  She heard "permission to approach" in there at least once.  Might as well wait at her post. 

She's just reached the deck when she figures out what was going on in that bizarre conversation.

Heh. That's what you get for not giving your translator time to wake up.

Leo silently listens to the flurry of conversation the new guest has brought aboard the boat before he resumes his patrol along the deck. His rifle is at the ready as he keeps turning his head to a fro to keep an eye on their surroundings. Once again he draws a bead on something out in the water and watches it through his scope for a while.

To the outside observer, he seems to be looking at a bundle of seaweed.

The medic--what's his name?--seems to be watching something intently through the scope of his rifle.  Marianne approaches.

:is: "What are you looking at?"
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 10:04:54 PM by phyrestorm999 »
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018
Beautiful Fighter, Loyal Friend, Badass Cat

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #493 on: June 14, 2021, 05:57:36 PM »

The message, printed quite crudely by Icelandic standards on unusually thick and fibrous paper, reads

Gu corporra Lance Oliver Macalistair Harwood, 2712. Tìr-mòr mar as trice soilleir ri dhol. Airson aithisg làn aimsir no fiosrachadh mu chunnartan a dh ’fhaodadh a bhith ann, rachaibh gu Mòrag aig taigh-solais Duncansby
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 01:07:35 PM by R.M.S.N.P »

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #494 on: June 14, 2021, 06:06:35 PM »
:se: "ducks sake" mutters Alergo to himself as he tries to completely wake up Saga

:dk: "Saga, please, wake up"

The message, printed quite crudely by Icelandic standards on unusually thick and fibrous paper, reads

Gu corporra Lance Oliver Mcallister Harwood, 2712. Tìr-mòr mar as trice soilleir ri dhol. Airson aithisg làn aimsir no fiosrachadh mu chunnartan a dh ’fhaodadh a bhith ann, rachaibh gu Mòrag aig taigh-solais Duncansby

Saga clearly doesn't wake up. Absent in mind as she is, she looks down at the paper she was given.
"Gu korpora Lanke Oliver..."

Mind blank.

:is: "...professor, I think I'm in the wrong class..." She hands the paper back to Alergo, closes the door and goes back to sleep.