Author Topic: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play  (Read 46883 times)

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Person by day, asleep by night.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/that idiot/ Anything else you feel like using
Re: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play
« Reply #465 on: May 13, 2021, 07:01:06 PM »
:gb: "Oh, you see it too?" she asks.

:eng: "Of course I can. You're not hallucinating, there really is an owl here, and you can stroke it."
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 07:39:27 PM by R.M.S.N.P »
:gb:-Native speaker
:fr:-conversational (once upon a time (2 years ago))
:fi:-basics
old english (wessex)-some
:ru:-can swear

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #466 on: May 13, 2021, 07:26:34 PM »

:eng: "Of course I can. You're not hallucinating, there really is an owl here."

Him saying that doesn't confirm she's not hallucinating.
But since she never had such complex hallucinations from lack of sleep just yet...
:gb: "It's pretty. Keep it away from cats, though, it's too big. Good night... morning... whatever. See you."

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #467 on: May 14, 2021, 02:58:24 PM »
Him saying that doesn't confirm she's not hallucinating.
But since she never had such complex hallucinations from lack of sleep just yet...
:gb: "It's pretty. Keep it away from cats, though, it's too big. Good night... morning... whatever. See you."

Dísa has spend the last few days either reading in her cabin or "guarding" on deck (aka marvelling at every bit of floating seaweed the ship passed thinking it might be a beast). Sadly, so far nothing of too much interest had been visible.

She hasn´t really managed to gather the courage yet to really talk to any of her crew-mates though. Beyond small-talk at least. Except for the cat but... that doesn´t really count, does it? Maybe she should change that...

Currently she´s on beast-lookout again, equipped with her harpoon and a cup of Harald´s very strong coffee. She looks around whether there´s anybody to strike up a conversation with. Only Oliver though, as Saga just left. Maybe socializing can wait... Dísa´s view returns to the sea.
Wait. There was something not right... She turns around again. A quite sizable owl is sitting on Oliver´s arm.

":is: What the-"
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #468 on: May 14, 2021, 03:16:40 PM »
Dísa has spend the last few days either reading in her cabin or "guarding" on deck (aka marvelling at every bit of floating seaweed the ship passed thinking it might be a beast). Sadly, so far nothing of too much interest had been visible.

She hasn´t really managed to gather the courage yet to really talk to any of her crew-mates though. Beyond small-talk at least. Except for the cat but... that doesn´t really count, does it? Maybe she should change that...

Currently she´s on beast-lookout again, equipped with her harpoon and a cup of Harald´s very strong coffee. She looks around whether there´s anybody to strike up a conversation with. Only Oliver though, as Saga just left. Maybe socializing can wait... Dísa´s view returns to the sea.
Wait. There was something not right... She turns around again. A quite sizable owl is sitting on Oliver´s arm.

" :is: What the-"

Oliver turns to face Disa, saying in his stilted Icelandic:

:is: "Hello, do you want to stroke him? His name is Baldrick and he is soft and friendly."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 03:31:39 PM by R.M.S.N.P »

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #469 on: May 14, 2021, 03:27:44 PM »
Oliver turns to face Disa, saying in his stilted Icelandic:

:is: "Hello, do you want to stroke him? His name is Baldric and he is soft and friendly."

Oh, looks like Dísa was louder than she anticipated. Anyways, maybe conversation is good when the result is getting to pet an owl.

":is: Uh, yes please!"

She puts down her things and moves over to Oliver. She carefully strokes Baldric´s back.

"Aww, he´s very pretty! But... why did you bring an owl?"
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #470 on: May 14, 2021, 03:29:01 PM »
Harald stares unblinkingly at the owl. The owl stares back.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

phyrestorm999

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her
« Reply #471 on: May 14, 2021, 06:34:34 PM »
Marianne shuts the logbook with a snap.  She doesn't mind manning the tiller through the night--in fact, she prefers it, with most of the crew asleep and those awake less likely to be chatty--but it's well past dawn and she's more than ready for some rack time.  She just needs to report to the Captain or First Mate first, whichever of them turns out to be easier to find.

She heads toward the nearest clump of people...and there's that godsdamned BARBARIAN with a gigantic bird of prey on his arm!  Half a second later, she's up in his face with one hand on her hip and her other pointing an inch from his nose.

" :is: WHAT in THOR'S HAIRY TAINT is THAT?!  You KNEW I had a baby kitten!  What were you THINKING?!"
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 07:44:54 PM by phyrestorm999 »
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018
Beautiful Fighter, Loyal Friend, Badass Cat

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #472 on: May 15, 2021, 07:32:33 AM »
Marianne shuts the logbook with a snap.  She doesn't mind manning the tiller through the night--in fact, she prefers it, with most of the crew asleep and those awake less likely to be chatty--but it's well past dawn and she's more than ready for some rack time.  She just needs to report to the Captain or First Mate first, whichever of them turns out to be easier to find.

She heads toward the nearest clump of people...and there's that godsdamned BARBARIAN with a gigantic bird of prey on his arm!  Half a second later, she's up in his face with one hand on her hip and her other pointing an inch from his nose.

" :is: WHAT in THOR'S HAIRY TAINT is THAT?!  You KNEW I had a baby kitten!  What were you THINKING?!"

Oliver takes her pointing finger with his thumb and forefinger and lowers it from his nose.

:is: "His name is Baldrick. He's a barn owl I raised from birth."

He pauses for a moment before continuing.

:is: "Firstly, I brought him on this expedition before I knew you were bringing a kitten, and had no reason to expect you would. Secondly, he's lived around kittens back home without trying to eat them, he got on fine with bian when he was a kitten."
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 07:36:51 AM by R.M.S.N.P »

phyrestorm999

• Scout
« Reply #473 on: May 15, 2021, 04:18:19 PM »

Oliver takes her pointing finger with his thumb and forefinger and lowers it from his nose.

:is: "His name is Baldrick. He's a barn owl I raised from birth."

He pauses for a moment before continuing.

:is: "Firstly, I brought him on this expedition before I knew you were bringing a kitten, and had no reason to expect you would. Secondly, he's lived around kittens back home without trying to eat them, he got on fine with bian when he was a kitten."

That's...actually fair.

Marianne lowers her hand and takes a step back.  ":is: You could have at least told me!" she continues, at a somewhat lower volume.

Mia sticks her head out of Marianne's pocket and hisses, though whether it's at Marianne for being loud, Oliver for pissing her off, Baldrick for existing, or the world at large is anyone's guess.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 10:04:24 PM by phyrestorm999 »
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018

doorcf

« Reply #474 on: May 15, 2021, 08:08:14 PM »
Alergo after eating breakfast, starts walking around the ship, something he had found calmed his nerves, until he sees an owl and some of the crew discussing over it. Curious about the bird he gets closer at the small group.

:dk: "Well, hello everyone, hope you are doing ok"

He then looks at the owl

:dk: "Well aren't you a beautiful bird"
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 08:10:42 PM by doorcf »

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #475 on: May 21, 2021, 08:07:09 AM »
Svenny gets up, wobbling all the way, and finds somewhere close, and comfortable to lay down. He doesn't care where, just somewhere he can recover.

After making sure that Svenny is resting safely on some folded up blankets and pillows where he can retreat from the light if he wants, Doc heads up to the mess to grab more coffee. Already helping the crew! What a morning.

On the way, though, he sees... :is: "Please tell me the owl isn't seasick too."
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #476 on: May 21, 2021, 08:33:38 AM »
After making sure that Svenny is resting safely on some folded up blankets and pillows where he can retreat from the light if he wants, Doc heads up to the mess to grab more coffee. Already helping the crew! What a morning.

On the way, though, he sees... :is: "Please tell me the owl isn't seasick too."

The owl stands confident on Oliver's arm, and Oliver responds in stilted Icelandic:  :is: "Baldrick is fine. He comes with me on boats back home."

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #477 on: May 21, 2021, 08:43:38 AM »
Oh, looks like Dísa was louder than she anticipated. Anyways, maybe conversation is good when the result is getting to pet an owl.

" :is: Uh, yes please!"

She puts down her things and moves over to Oliver. She carefully strokes Baldrick´s back.

"Aww, he´s very pretty! But... why did you bring an owl?"

Baldrick seems rather comfortable with Disa stroking him, moving his body to ensure she pushes his feathers the right way.

:is: "Navigation, scouting and message carrying. Plus Sara insisted I take him, as he imprinted on me as a chick and doesn't like being apart."

phyrestorm999

• Scout
« Reply #478 on: May 25, 2021, 09:09:23 PM »
Marianne stuffs Mia back in her pocket and looks around at her crewmates suspiciously.

:is: "Does anyone ELSE have any...assistants, or...familiars they'd like to reveal?"
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #479 on: May 29, 2021, 01:41:03 PM »
Marianne stuffs Mia back in her pocket and looks around at her crewmates suspiciously.

:is: "Does anyone ELSE have any...assistants, or...familiars they'd like to reveal?"

:is: "Not from me." Doc glances at the kitten, nervous about Mia before realizing that Marianne has it handled. "I left my fish with my sister."

He puts his hands in his pockets and sighs. :is: "Perhaps the owl could help scout? Or something? Like the cats do?"
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man