Author Topic: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play  (Read 46871 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play
« Reply #435 on: March 21, 2021, 02:04:03 PM »

Doc nods along as he opens the door to his room. :is: "Perhaps something else is the matter?"

The room is a bit of a mess, but everything is labelled; a trunk is open on one side, and he's stacked boxes of medication on a shelf. A set of decontamination equipment is on top of a table. "Please, place the cat on the table if you think he'll stay still. I'll check through the anti-nausea medication we have."

":is: possibly something else. hard to say, been unresponsive."

Leo does a quick onceover again on Svenny's vitals after laying him down on the table and attempts to get some kind of response from the cat.

":fi: Still breathing, pulse seems right... hey say something what's bothering you."
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Person by day, asleep by night.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/that idiot/ Anything else you feel like using
« Reply #436 on: March 22, 2021, 01:03:41 PM »
:no: "I see" she says. :is: "Oliver, captain says we should stop by Aberdeen and Sunderland. Do you have any insight to give on those places?"

:eng: "Hang on, I'm drawing a map to help show you"
He says, halfway through sketching a reasonablely good map of the British isles with slightly idiosyncratic labels.
:gb:-Native speaker
:fr:-conversational (once upon a time (2 years ago))
:fi:-basics
old english (wessex)-some
:ru:-can swear

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #437 on: March 22, 2021, 01:20:44 PM »

:eng: "Hang on, I'm drawing a map to help show you"
He says, halfway through sketching a reasonably good map of the British isles with slightly idiosyncratic labels.

"Uh-huh..." Saga watches him sketch. :no: "He's drawing a map, sir. I suppose he has something more to add" she tells Alergo.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

doorcf

« Reply #438 on: March 22, 2021, 02:46:59 PM »
"Uh-huh..." Saga watches him sketch. :no: "He's drawing a map, sir. I suppose he has something more to add" she tells Alergo.
:dk: "I see, any information will be useful to say the truth" says Alergo as he watches the rough map being drawn
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:49:43 PM by doorcf »

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #439 on: March 22, 2021, 06:54:20 PM »
":is: possibly something else. hard to say, been unresponsive."

Leo does a quick onceover again on Svenny's vitals after laying him down on the table and attempts to get some kind of response from the cat.

":fi: Still breathing, pulse seems right... hey say something what's bothering you."

When there's no response from the cat, Doc pulls out a plate and dusts off any crumbs, wiping it clean with his shirt and filling the shallow area with water from a bottle near the bed. :is: "Shall we see if he'll drink?"

He places the water near Svenny, rifling through other options in the medical storage.
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #440 on: March 25, 2021, 06:37:00 PM »
As the land recedes from view and salt breeze rustles her short hair, Marianne realizes how much she's missed the sea.   The past nine months were by far the longest stretch she's spent on land since joining the Navy at 15, and while shore life has obvious advantages--like privacy, better food, and the cat colony--it feels oddly like she's come home.

Mia, trembling slightly and clinging to Marianne's shoulder, eyes huge, gazes around and gives an unusually quiet "Miiiiii..."

Now that they're well beyond the crowded harbor, Marianne can afford to take both hands off the tiller to comfort the little cat.

"It's a lot, huh.  I know.  It's okay.  Just don't--"

The scent of vomit reaches her nose from somewhere below deck.

Of course at least one of those landlubbers would puke less than twenty minutes out.

"...That," she tells Mia.  "Smell that?  Don't do it."

Harald returns to the upper deck and quickly finds himself a seat on one of the ammunition lockers. He waits calmly for something to happen.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Fuzipeg

• Scout
« Reply #441 on: March 25, 2021, 06:54:10 PM »
Spoiler: show
Sorry for the lack of response, I've just not gotten around to it while ill. Mental head space be full. I've been checking the discord, I'm happy to be poked.

Svenny is happy to be coddled and carried around by the various long legs and cared for, he likes being lazy. He mews weakly each time he's put down. *Alert?... Under attack?... Floor moving.. Why no panic?...* These lot seem fine, probably nothing to panic about then.

Feeling awful from throwing up breakfast, he tries to stand, the rocking motion makes his head feel weird when laid-down, but standing up causes him to stagger crab-wise as he picks the wrong moment to stand and falls over in a swell.

Instead he flops next to the water and drinks when it's not trying to drown him as the box rocks.
From the :gb: , and I'm into a lot of things.

Solokov

« Reply #442 on: March 25, 2021, 11:51:28 PM »
Sorry for the lack of response, I've just not gotten around to it while ill. Mental head space be full. I've been checking the discord, I'm happy to be poked.

Svenny is happy to be coddled and carried around by the various long legs and cared for, he likes being lazy. He mews weakly each time he's put down. *Alert?... Under attack?... Floor moving.. Why no panic?...* These lot seem fine, probably nothing to panic about then.

Feeling awful from throwing up breakfast, he tries to stand, the rocking motion makes his head feel weird when laid-down, but standing up causes him to stagger crab-wise as he picks the wrong moment to stand and falls over in a swell.

Instead he flops next to the water and drinks when it's not trying to drown him as the box rocks.

Leo nods sagely, ":is: Definitely seasick.... or drunk."
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #443 on: April 01, 2021, 06:40:12 AM »
Dísa watches Leo and Ludvig take care of Svenny, feeling kind of useless. At least I remember again why I didn´t become a medic...

Leo nods sagely, ":is: Definitely seasick.... or drunk."

She looks at the cat trying to drink out of the bowl.

":is: Hm. I don´t know where he would have found alcohol. And even if he did, we probably would have found or smelled what´s left of it."

At that moment Dísa remembers that there´s actually looking out for seabeasts that she´s supposed to do now. And a post to get back to.

"Oh, I´m afraid I have to go back on deck now. Is there something you still need me for?"
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Solokov

« Reply #444 on: April 10, 2021, 02:50:43 PM »
Dísa watches Leo and Ludvig take care of Svenny, feeling kind of useless. At least I remember again why I didn´t become a medic...

She looks at the cat trying to drink out of the bowl.

":is: Hm. I don´t know where he would have found alcohol. And even if he did, we probably would have found or smelled what´s left of it."

At that moment Dísa remembers that there´s actually looking out for seabeasts that she´s supposed to do now. And a post to get back to.

"Oh, I´m afraid I have to go back on deck now. Is there something you still need me for?"

Leo glances in Ludvig's direction before shrugging, ":is: Don't think so."
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #445 on: April 11, 2021, 06:52:42 PM »

:is: "Nothing from me. I'll keep an eye on the little one until he's ready to move on his own, ah?" Doc nods towards Svenny.
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #446 on: April 16, 2021, 01:10:56 PM »

:is: "Nothing from me. I'll keep an eye on the little one until he's ready to move on his own, ah?" Doc nods towards Svenny.

":is: Ok then."

Dísa pets Svenny one last time and waves goodbye at the two others, then goes back to her post. She wouldn´t want to miss any possible seabeasts there were to see!
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Person by day, asleep by night.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/that idiot/ Anything else you feel like using
« Reply #447 on: April 22, 2021, 05:32:22 PM »

Map sketch is on the discord server

Talking to Alergo, oblivious to the language barrier, Oliver says
 :eng: "Aberdeen's sensible, Sunderland's good as well, we might be able to encounter some of the English, they tend to go on expeditions out the fens around this time of year."

Addressing Saga directly, he continues
 :eng: "You're right about Dundee, it's a bit out the way and awkward to get in to. Edinburgh's jest stickin' yae gonads doon a badger sett, even I've only been there once. I don't recommend London at all, unless you feel a particular urge to be ripped to shreds by every type of abomination this gods-damned rash can produce."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 05:39:56 PM by R.M.S.N.P »
:gb:-Native speaker
:fr:-conversational (once upon a time (2 years ago))
:fi:-basics
old english (wessex)-some
:ru:-can swear

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #448 on: April 22, 2021, 05:38:19 PM »

Map sketch is on the discord server

Talking to Alergo, oblivious to the language barrier, Oliver says
 :eng: "Aberdeen's sensible, Sunderland's good as well, we might be able to encounter some of the English, they tend to go on expeditions out the fens around this time of year."

Addressing Saga directly, he continues
 :eng: "You're right about Dundee, it's a bit out the way and awkward to get in to. Edinburgh's just sticking you gonads down a badger sett, even I've only been there once. I don't recommend London at all, unless you feel a particular urge to be ripped to shreds by every type of abomination this gods-damned rash can produce."

Internal screaming.
Saga very sensibly refuses to translate the colorful expressions he has used. :no: "Aberdeen and Sunderland it is, it seems. London and Edinburgh are far too dangerous to even consider. I will inform Leif while we still have reception. It won't last for long." Might as well keep up reports while she could, right?

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

doorcf

« Reply #449 on: April 22, 2021, 05:44:31 PM »
Internal screaming.
Saga very sensibly refuses to translate the colorful expressions he has used. :no: "Aberdeen and Sunderland it is, it seems. London and Edinburgh are far too dangerous to even consider. I will inform Leif while we still have reception. It won't last for long." Might as well keep up reports while she could, right?
Alergo sighs as the tension he had disolves, it seems discretion was the better part of valor in this case.

:dk: "Well then, lets take course to Aberdeen"
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 05:46:31 PM by doorcf »