Author Topic: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play  (Read 46907 times)

Fuzipeg

• Scout
Re: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play
« Reply #405 on: March 09, 2021, 01:54:12 PM »
Svenny, who was dozing off after doing the rounds, jumps into the air with the juddering of the floor as it moves. He'd been on moving floors before, but they usually just float gently in small bodies of water, this, this was something different, something scary.

He runs as fast as he can while gingerly avoiding touching the moving floor. The land boxes that move aren't like this, what is this? Is this a crisis? Are we being jostled by some huge beast?

He enters the Forge screaming, his walk something akin to reacting as of the floor was sticky, or someone had put boots on him.

"MEAAAAAAARRLL, MEEEA-" *WHAT THE HELL IS THIS, WHAT IS-* and with a slight swell, and Svenny teetering on two opposite feet, he falls over, looks confused, and lies flat on the floor before vomiting up breakfast.

This cat gets sea sick...
From the :gb: , and I'm into a lot of things.

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #406 on: March 09, 2021, 05:30:34 PM »
As she feels the ship start to move, Astrid runs on deck to watch the dock get farther and farther away. A grin splits her face. They were finally leaving! She knew the journey would be fraught with peril, but she was too excited to worry about it now.
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

doorcf

« Reply #407 on: March 09, 2021, 11:50:29 PM »
Alergo feels the boat start moving and with it the expedition, as the time passes he can only think of two things.

First is to plan where the crew would stop either to explore, forage or trade and finally the feeling that not only all his experience and more will be needed but the question if the crew is ready for what was to come.

Dismissing the second thought Alergo decides to concentrate on what he could do, a lesson he learned from his platoon commander.

Alergo then smiles a bit and sighs

"Stay save you crazy bastards and don't die while I'm here, I'm gonna come back" thinks Alergo while as his platoon crosses his mind

Now, worries gone, it was time to plan where to stop, better to have a rough plan than nothing and after all, plans could be changed depending on the situation
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 09:40:29 PM by doorcf »

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #408 on: March 11, 2021, 11:30:56 AM »
Svenny, who was dozing off after doing the rounds, jumps into the air with the juddering of the floor as it moves. He'd been on moving floors before, but they usually just float gently in small bodies of water, this, this was something different, something scary.

He runs as fast as he can while gingerly avoiding touching the moving floor. The land boxes that move aren't like this, what is this? Is this a crisis? Are we being jostled by some huge beast?

He enters the Forge screaming, his walk something akin to reacting as of the floor was sticky, or someone had put boots on him.

"MEAAAAAAARRLL, MEEEA-" *WHAT THE HELL IS THIS, WHAT IS-* and with a slight swell, and Svenny teetering on two opposite feet, he falls over, looks confused, and lies flat on the floor before vomiting up breakfast.

This cat gets sea sick...

Iceland is out of sight way sooner than Dísa expected. A bit of homesickness hits her the moment she realises she can´t see it anymore. But there´s new things to look at! Staying so close to the rail in the silent... waters? is maybe not such a great idea, but she´ll definitly stay here and try to see a seabeast. But first she needs to throw away her empty pastry-bag.

She saw a trashcan in the galley earlier, so that´s where she goes. From there she notices that the door to the forge is open. Fast breathing is coming from in there. What´s up with that? She finds poor Svenny laying on the floor in his vomit.

":is: Oh no you poor thing! Are you sick?"

Dísa looks around hectically. What to do in a situation like this? She doesn´t know what to do with a sick cat!? And everyone else is on deck! Help, yes, get help! That´s good. Which one is the medic again? Ludvig, right? Maybe she should also tell Harald, since it´s his forge. And Alergo, he´s the captain. And isn´t Astrid a cat-expert or something?

Turning back to Svenny again, she tells him: "You´ll be fine, don´t worry! Stay here, I´ll go get someone!"

Dísa runs upstairs as fast as possible and waves towards everyone in sight.

":is: Help! Someone help! Our cat threw up in the forge, I think he´s sick! Uh... :fi: Help!"

The wind is quite loud, so she´s not sure whether anybody heard her. To make the point clear she gestures towards the stairs.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 11:37:47 AM by Mirasol »
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #409 on: March 12, 2021, 08:37:26 PM »
Iceland is out of sight way sooner than Dísa expected. A bit of homesickness hits her the moment she realises she can´t see it anymore. But there´s new things to look at! Staying so close to the rail in the silent... waters? is maybe not such a great idea, but she´ll definitly stay here and try to see a seabeast. But first she needs to throw away her empty pastry-bag.

She saw a trashcan in the galley earlier, so that´s where she goes. From there she notices that the door to the forge is open. Fast breathing is coming from in there. What´s up with that? She finds poor Svenny laying on the floor in his vomit.

":is: Oh no you poor thing! Are you sick?"

Dísa looks around hectically. What to do in a situation like this? She doesn´t know what to do with a sick cat!? And everyone else is on deck! Help, yes, get help! That´s good. Which one is the medic again? Ludvig, right? Maybe she should also tell Harald, since it´s his forge. And Alergo, he´s the captain. And isn´t Astrid a cat-expert or something?

Turning back to Svenny again, she tells him: "You´ll be fine, don´t worry! Stay here, I´ll go get someone!"

Dísa runs upstairs as fast as possible and waves towards everyone in sight.

":is: Help! Someone help! Our cat threw up in the forge, I think he´s sick! Uh... :fi: Help!"

The wind is quite loud, so she´s not sure whether anybody heard her. To make the point clear she gestures towards the stairs.

Harald looks back, sees Disa, and limps over. :fi: "What?"
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #410 on: March 13, 2021, 11:42:54 AM »
Harald looks back, sees Disa, and limps over. :fi: "What?"

Okay, Finnish-skills, don´t fail me!, Dísa thinks. ":fi: Svenny, the cat! he´s ...crap what´s the Finnish word for "sick" again? Oh, right! sick!"

She has no clue what "forge" means, so pointing there will have to do.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #411 on: March 13, 2021, 03:31:46 PM »
Leo is quietly singing to himself while sitting atop the depth charge launcher while fiddling with his riflescope and occasionally sighting in on... something off in the water while the commotion makes its way to the deck.

:fi: "Its so cold, they all know, What you've done, you can't run, Vengeance is the law for thee, A thousand leagues below the sea, You've been tracked, you've been seen, Murdering the next of kin, Ate their hearts, drank their blood, Washed your fins in blackened mud, Now you swim, try to hide."

Okay, Finnish-skills, don´t fail me!, Dísa thinks. ":fi: Svenny, the cat! he´s ...crap what´s the Finnish word for "sick" again? Oh, right! sick!"

She has no clue what "forge" means, so pointing there will have to do.

He quietly hops off the depth charge launcher and makes his way over to Disa and Harald motioning for Disa to lead the way. :is: "Show the way."
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 03:41:08 PM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #412 on: March 14, 2021, 02:11:36 PM »
Leo is quietly singing to himself while sitting atop the depth charge launcher while fiddling with his riflescope and occasionally sighting in on... something off in the water while the commotion makes its way to the deck.

:fi: "Its so cold, they all know, What you've done, you can't run, Vengeance is the law for thee, A thousand leagues below the sea, You've been tracked, you've been seen, Murdering the next of kin, Ate their hearts, drank their blood, Washed your fins in blackened mud, Now you swim, try to hide."

He quietly hops off the depth charge launcher and makes his way over to Disa and Harald motioning for Disa to lead the way. :is: "Show the way."

Oh thank goodness, somebody who can translate!

Dísa nods and gestures the two to follow. Then she scurries back to the forge where Svenny still lies on the ground.

":is: Here, I found him like this."

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #413 on: March 15, 2021, 09:16:19 PM »
Right.
Everybody seems to be up and about, which is nice. From the bridge, Saga can see Dísa in some kind of distress, half of the crew singing, and a group of people on the wharf, saluting to the ship as they depart. Her brother and Lief gave her a final wave...
No.
Not final, because she will return.
She goes around Marrianne, checking the equipment all over the bridge. After consulting with the maps, sonar and weather equipment, she gives her detailed instructions at what speed to keep the ship at what points, which direction to set a course for and for how long, and to inform her as soon as something unexpected happens.
After that flood of information, she leaves it to her to handling her duty and/or setting an autopilot.
She takes a seat in her little corner for everything on the ship and around the ship. Radio, sonar, maps, weather, all info showing up around her and telling her that everything is fine and nothing is happening.
For a moment, she considers wearing a mask. She has it with her for emergencies or course, but should she consider herself to be in a permanent state of emergency...?
No, that would be kinda dumb.
She will put it on when something starts to happen, like an attack.
Until then, she will keep an eye on everything and knit.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #414 on: March 15, 2021, 10:27:59 PM »
Oh thank goodness, somebody who can translate!

Dísa nods and gestures the two to follow. Then she scurries back to the forge where Svenny still lies on the ground.

":is: Here, I found him like this."

Harald picks the cat up by the scruff of his neck, puts him on a different, seemingly arbitrary section of floor, and then goes and gets a mop.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #415 on: March 15, 2021, 11:21:51 PM »
Harald picks the cat up by the scruff of his neck, puts him on a different, seemingly arbitrary section of floor, and then goes and gets a mop.

Leo carefully starts examining Svenny.  :fi: "So... what seems to be the issue here? Food poisoning? Or something else?"
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #416 on: March 16, 2021, 12:01:41 AM »
Leo carefully starts examining Svenny.  :fi: "So... what seems to be the issue here? Food poisoning? Or something else?"

Harald glances at Svenny. :fi: "Seasick," he pronounces shortly, mopping up the mess.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #417 on: March 16, 2021, 03:26:20 PM »
Harald glances at Svenny. :fi: "Seasick," he pronounces shortly, mopping up the mess.

":fi: Seasick?", Dísa wonders when she comes back from the galley where she got a bowl of water for Svenny. She puts it down in front of him so he can drink it.

Due to a lack of Finnish words she switches back to Icelandic. ":is: A cat assigned to a marine mission? Leif did hire a cat that was on a boat before, didn´t he?"
The moment she says this out loud she gets a feeling that Leif did very much not pay attention to that qualification for the cat.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #418 on: March 16, 2021, 05:47:41 PM »
Hmmm... with everything working as intended, Saga knits in the corner and studies maps and other information she has. Every major city by the coast is a point of interest, but the issue is, there is quite a lot.
She decides to work step by step.
She gets up and steps on the deck. "Alergo, Oliver, can you come for one more moment, please?"
Decisions must be made.

--------------------------------------------------------
":fi: Seasick?", Dísa wonders when she comes back from the galley where she got a bowl of water for Svenny. She puts it down in front of him so he can drink it.

Due to a lack of Finnish words she switches back to Icelandic. ":is: A cat assigned to a marine mission? Leif did hire a cat that was on a boat before, didn´t he?"
The moment she says this out loud she gets a feeling that Leif did very much not pay attention to that qualification for the cat.

Back on the wharf, on his way back to the office, Leif sneezes.

...maybe he should've wore some warmer clothes.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 02:46:25 PM by Kitty »

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

doorcf

« Reply #419 on: March 18, 2021, 02:48:30 PM »
Hmmm... with everything working as intended, Saga knits in the corner and studies maps and other information she has. Every major city by the coast is a point of interest, but the issue is, there is quite a lot.
She decides to work step by step.
She gets up and steps on the deck. "Alergo, Oliver, can you come for one more moment, please?"
Decisions must be made.
Alergo hears Saga, turns to face her and answers :dk:"sure, what do you need me for?"
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 02:53:42 PM by doorcf »