Author Topic: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play  (Read 46908 times)

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
Re: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play
« Reply #255 on: December 28, 2020, 11:46:27 AM »

Oliver turns to look at leif with a look of mild contempt  :is: "You're expecting us to do the whole mission completely sober? Clearly the words of a man who's never been to the silent world."  He then turns to Marianne and says lightheartedly  :dk: "Don't worry, even if he takes it, I've got plenty of scotch whisky for the trip."

Saga gives Oliver a LOOK and turns back to Marianne. :is: "Please ignore him, he has no tact..."

:dk:"Sorry for the interruption, but could you guys help me?"

Oliver turns to face him and says, with a smile,  :dk: "Depends on what your problem is."

Thankfully, interrupted again.
:no: "Is there something wrong?" she politely asks the newcomer. "Are you lost?"

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

doorcf

« Reply #256 on: December 28, 2020, 12:29:46 PM »

Oliver turns to face him and says, with a smile,  :dk: "Depends on what your problem is."
:dk: "Well, I arrived not long ago and I want directions on how to get to the adress printed here" says Alergo showing the announcement papers for the expedition

:no: "Is there something wrong?" she politely asks the newcomer. "Are you lost?"

:dk: "Actually kinda" - continues Alergo now also looking at the other person - "Like I said to the good fellow here I would like to know how to get to the adress printed here" sayd Alergo also showing her the announcement paper he has

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #257 on: December 28, 2020, 01:11:27 PM »

:is: "Loads of the duckers. But the British have always been a naval people, so we're always killing the bastards for control of our waters, "They've taken our lands, but they're not ducking taking our waters as well" as some put it. In fact " He starts drawing on the other side of the serviette  "the flag of the navy is the image of a badger ripping out a sea beast's throat over the union jack."

Oliver reaches out and strokes the kitten, saying  :eng: "There, there, hush now, you'll disturb everyone's lunch, little furball", and turns to Marianne, enquiring  :is: "Why do you have a kitten in your pocket?"

"Oh... how.... nice..." It's too spooky for Doc. Why would they choose that?? For their flag??

Doc pours out some water into a smaller plate on the table and sets it out in front of the kitten so that it has something to drink, too.

Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #258 on: December 28, 2020, 03:16:14 PM »
:dk: "Well, I arrived not long ago and I want directions on how to get to the adress printed here" says Alergo showing the announcement papers for the expedition

:dk: "Actually kinda" - continues Alergo now also looking at the other person - "Like I said to the good fellow here I would like to know how to get to the adress printed here" sayd Alergo also showing her the announcement paper he has

:no: "Oh. This is our announcement. Are you looking to get hired for the expedition?" Saga asks. "We need someone with some experience as a commander... do you come with any recommendations?"

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #259 on: December 28, 2020, 03:39:04 PM »

Oliver turns to look at leif with a look of mild contempt  :is: "You're expecting us to do the whole mission completely sober? Clearly the words of a man who's never been to the silent world."  He then turns to Marianne and says lightheartedly  :dk: "Don't worry, even if he takes it, I've got plenty of scotch whisky for the trip."

:is: "Oliver's right. Extended work in the south requires alcohol. To clean wounds, numb the nerves, and trade to locals."

He ponders the potato wedge fries, unsure if the cat on board would even eat them. Having never worked at a cattery, he has no idea.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

doorcf

« Reply #260 on: December 28, 2020, 03:59:02 PM »
:no: "Oh. This is our announcement. Are you looking to get hired for the expedition?" Saga asks. "We need someone with some experience as a commander... do you come with any recommendations?"
:dk: "Actually yes, kind of surprised you are are all here though" - says a mildly surprised Alergo - "About my experience, I'm a platoon sergent in the Östersund Cleanser Regiment, I have my cleanser documents back at the place I'm staying if you want to know more"

Alergo then takes his military identification card out of his pocket showing it to the woman in front of him. It has a photo, his name, rank, blood type, job and unit.

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #261 on: December 28, 2020, 05:23:43 PM »
:dk: "Actually yes, kind of surprised you are are all here though" - says a mildly surprised Alergo - "About my experience, I'm a platoon sergent in the Östersund Cleanser Regiment, I have my cleanser documents back at the place I'm staying if you want to know more"

Alergo then takes his military identification card out of his pocket showing it to the woman in front of him. It has a photo, his name, rank, blood type, job and unit.

Saga checks his card and it seems to be in order. :is: "Leif, this man would like to join the expedition as our commander" she says.

:is: "What's his deal?"

"Platoon sergeant in Östersund... he doesn't have the documents with him, but they're at his place."

Leif takes the card from her, checking it out as well. He'd know better than her if it was faked, of course he'd want to have a look at it. "I'm assuming he doesn't speak Icelandic. Tell him you and I will go with him to discuss it all. He can join us for lunch, if he wants to. My treat."

"Right." She repeats what Leif said in Norwegian, giving him his card back. She kinda wishes Leif takes back the translator he dismissed yesterday on the grounds he won't need him anymore... oh well. It's not like it was that big of a problem, really. And since she was voted to be a commander by the group, it probably means she will be second in command if he takes over... she might as well get to know him properly, right?

phyrestorm999

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her
« Reply #262 on: December 29, 2020, 12:36:19 AM »
Gods damn it, cat, now look what you've done.  THREE different people are talking to me at once.

Marianne grabs the kitten before she can go running across the table and holds her in place, glaring furiously at Leif.

:is: "I'll finish it by tomorrow and I do NOT drink on duty."

The kitten gobbles up the lamb bit from Saga and yells for more.  Marianne stuffs the little shit into her jacket and turns to Oliver, doing her best to not look like she's about to murder him. 

:dk: "I'm trying to get her some food.  She's probably an orphan and the local colony has rejected her.  And I hate whiskey, but maybe we can work something out anyway."

The jacket muffles the kitten's demands only slightly, and the sooner Marianne gets some food into her, the sooner she'll calm down. 

:is: "Excuse me. Hey.  HEY! EXCUSE ME!  Sorry, I didn't mean to yell.  I need whatever kind of meat you have ready RIGHT NOW!  Please."
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 04:45:49 AM by phyrestorm999 »
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018
Beautiful Fighter, Loyal Friend, Badass Cat

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #263 on: December 29, 2020, 08:10:06 AM »
Gods damn it, cat, now look what you've done.  THREE different people are talking to me at once.

Marriane grabs the kitten before she can go running across the table and holds her in place, glaring furiously at Leif.

The kitten gobbles up the lamb bit from Disa and yells for more.  Marianne stuffs the little shit into her jacket and turns to Oliver, doing her best to not look like she's about to murder him. 

:dk: "I'm trying to get her some food.  She's probably an orphan and the local colony has rejected her.  And I hate whiskey, but maybe we can work something out anyway."

The jacket muffles the kitten's demands only slightly, and the sooner Marianne gets some food into her, the sooner she'll calm down. 

:is: "Excuse me. Hey.  HEY! EXCUSE ME!  Sorry, I didn't mean to yell.  I need whatever kind of meat you have ready RIGHT NOW!  Please."

:is: "We can't just give you random raw meat like this-" the waiter objects.
Or, well, he tries to. Leif snaps his fingers a few times to get the man's attention. :is: "Lady gave her order. Cook the meat a bit, it's a tiny kitten and needs softer food. If you have issues with a cat in the restaurant, please. Do tell."
After a short and confused pause, the waiter leaves.
In a few minutes, he returns with a small plate of soft, unspiced meat cut into small pieces.

:is: "I heard you say whiskey. Keep up not drinking on duty" Leif says, both to Oliver and Marianne.

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #264 on: December 29, 2020, 09:44:13 AM »

Harald listens to the conversation silently, looking at Alergo appraisingly.

Or, well, he tries to. Leif snaps his fingers a few times to get the man's attention. :is: "Lady gave her order. Cook the meat a bit, it's a tiny kitten and needs softer food. If you have issues with a cat in the restaurant, please. Do tell."
In a few minutes, he returns with a small plate of soft, unspiced meat cut into small pieces.

:is: "I heard you say whiskey. Keep up not drinking on duty" Leif says, both to Oliver and Marianne.

Harald almost smiles at the byplay, even if he can't understand a word of the conversation between the waiter and Leif.
The man was surprisingly competent.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 10:22:59 AM by Ragnarok »
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

doorcf

« Reply #265 on: December 29, 2020, 10:34:46 AM »
Saga checks his card and it seems to be in order. :is: "Leif, this man would like to join the expedition as our commander" she says.

:is: "What's his deal?"

"Platoon sergeant in Östersund... he doesn't have the documents with him, but they're at his place."

Leif takes the card from her, checking it out as well. He'd know better than her if it was faked, of course he'd want to have a look at it. "I'm assuming he doesn't speak Icelandic. Tell him you and I will go with him to discuss it all. He can join us for lunch, if he wants to. My treat."

"Right." She repeats what Leif said in Norwegian, giving him his card back. She kinda wishes Leif takes back the translator he dismissed yesterday on the grounds he won't need him anymore... oh well. It's not like it was that big of a problem, really. And since she was voted to be a commander by the group, it probably means she will be second in command if he takes over... she might as well get to know him properly, right?

:dk:"Well, I just finished my food but I can stay for a bit" answers Alergo

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #266 on: December 29, 2020, 11:52:09 AM »
:dk:"Well, I just finished my food but I can stay for a bit" answers Alergo

:no: "Please do" Saga says brightly. She doesn't want to leave without finishing her meal, and it would also be super awkward to just leave everybody. Also, Leif is paying, and he said he wants to talk to the man as well. "I am Saga Viggósdóttir, I will be the navigator on this journey."

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #267 on: December 29, 2020, 12:13:17 PM »

:is: "I have rubbing alcohol- ah, but you shouldn't drink that, I suppose. And Aquavit." Doc finishes his lamb and watches Leif intimidate the waiter with awe.

He nods welcomingly to Alergo. It's good they finally have a commander. He was starting to get nervous.
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

doorcf

« Reply #268 on: December 29, 2020, 02:39:55 PM »
:no: "Please do" Saga says brightly. She doesn't want to leave without finishing her meal, and it would also be super awkward to just leave everybody. Also, Leif is paying, and he said he wants to talk to the man as well. "I am Saga Viggósdóttir, I will be the navigator on this journey."

:dk: "Name's Alergo, pleased to meet you" - says Alergo taking an unused chair and sitting down and then nods back the man that nodded at him

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #269 on: December 29, 2020, 02:43:04 PM »

Marriane grabs the kitten before she can go running across the table and holds her in place, glaring furiously at Leif.

The kitten gobbles up the lamb bit from Saga and yells for more.  Marianne stuffs the little shit into her jacket and turns to Oliver, doing her best to not look like she's about to murder him. 

Since Dísa only got the Icelandic part of the conversation, and now finally picks up on the fact that the others seem confused by their helmswoman having a kitten in her pocket, she asks,

":is: Is she your cat? Will she be coming on the trip?" Wait. You don´t know this person. Be polite and introduce yourself. "Uhm, sorry. I´m Dísa. And you are?" She reaches out her hand over the table.

:dk: "Name's Alergo, pleased to meet you" - says Alergo taking an unused chair and sitting down and then nods back the man that nodded at him

Dísa has no idea what the man is saying, but since Saga gave the summary, it looks like he´ll be joining their crew. As he apparently doesn´t speak Icelandic she gathers what little Norwegian she´s capable of through classmates in Seiður-academy and greets him.

":no: uh, hello. Welcome."

She isn´t absolutely sure whether she used the right words, but smiles to emphasize the point.
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie: