Author Topic: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play  (Read 46891 times)

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play
« Reply #135 on: December 13, 2020, 01:17:58 PM »
Spoiler: show
I'll leave that to the engineers... Thankfully a few dropped by the OOC discussion <3 <3 <3

Saga stays behind for a few more moments to discuss it with Astrid.
:no: "Right. I don't really understand the manual. How fast can we travel to keep the battery about half-full? If it's recharging? Check it for cloudy days, although from what I know about Mediterranean climate, those might be less common in summer... And check how fast we can travel at nighttime to make the batteries last until the sun is out..." she says. "The days will become longer as we travel south, by the by. I'll get back to you when the math is done, alright? I have to get to Leif real quick. If you need anything and speak Icelandic, ask him."

She hurries up to catch up with Dísa, Harald and Oliver.

When they arrive, they see Leif is doing some papers, since he gave up on the cat sleeping on books. He looks up to see the full committee and sighs.
:is: "What did I do?"
:is: "Uh." Biggest issues first, Saga decides. "Harald got into Iceland without a border check."
"He WHAT?! HOW DID HE MANAGE TO DO THAT?!"
"Nobody checked his passport when he crossed the borders to get to Sweden and to Iceland."
"HOW?!"
"I don't know! He said he just told them where he was going and nobody did any checks."
"Was he in quarantine, at least?!"
Saga immediately puts Harald's papers confirming the quarantine on the table.
Leif visibly relaxes and drops his head on the table, letting out a whine.

Harald winces at the shouting. At least this one isn't coming along. He doubted he'd get any rest.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #136 on: December 13, 2020, 01:37:39 PM »
I'll leave that to the engineers... Thankfully a few dropped by the OOC discussion <3 <3 <3

Saga stays behind for a few more moments to discuss it with Astrid.
:no: "Right. I don't really understand the manual. How fast can we travel to keep the battery about half-full? If it's recharging? Check it for cloudy days, although from what I know about Mediterranean climate, those might be less common in summer... And check how fast we can travel at nighttime to make the batteries last until the sun is out..." she says. "The days will become longer as we travel south, by the by. I'll get back to you when the math is done, alright? I have to get to Leif real quick. If you need anything and speak Icelandic, ask him."

She hurries up to catch up with Dísa, Harald and Oliver.

When they arrive, they see Leif is doing some papers, since he gave up on the cat sleeping on books. He looks up to see the full committee and sighs.
:is: "What did I do?"
:is: "Uh." Biggest issues first, Saga decides. "Harald got into Iceland without a border check."
"He WHAT?! HOW DID HE MANAGE TO DO THAT?!"
"Nobody checked his passport when he crossed the borders to get to Sweden and to Iceland."
"HOW?!"
"I don't know! He said he just told them where he was going and nobody did any checks."
"Was he in quarantine, at least?!"
Saga immediately puts Harald's papers confirming the quarantine on the table.
Leif visibly relaxes and drops his head on the table, letting out a whine.

After Leif´s head isn´t coming back up and neither Saga, Harald nor Oliver seem to be interested in stating another problem at the moment, Dísa decides this to be the right time to adress her issue.

":is: So, uhm, another problem." Maybe she shouldn´t scare Leif more than necessary. "Don´t worry, no paperwork this time! I just need to paint protection runes on the ship and the paint you provided is out. It was really good paint, but a lot of the spaces where runes need to be are prone to the weather, so I need to be able to redo them if necessary. And well, the paint didn´t even last to all the ones we need in the first place. So... yeah, I need to buy more. A lot more."

She decides not to directly state the implied "and you need to pay for it" for now, as Leif already looks like he will burst into tears at the next obstacle.
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #137 on: December 13, 2020, 02:05:13 PM »
Harald winces at the shouting. At least this one isn't coming along. He doubted he'd get any rest.

After Leif´s head isn´t coming back up and neither Saga, Harald nor Oliver seem to be interested in stating another problem at the moment, Dísa decides this to be the right time to adress her issue.

":is: So, uhm, another problem." Maybe she shouldn´t scare Leif more than necessary. "Don´t worry, no paperwork this time! I just need to paint protection runes on the ship and the paint you provided is out. It was really good paint, but a lot of the spaces where runes need to be are prone to the weather, so I need to be able to redo them if necessary. And well, the paint didn´t even last to all the ones we need in the first place. So... yeah, I need to buy more. A lot more."

She decides not to directly state the implied "and you need to pay for it" for now, as Leif already looks like he will burst into tears at the next obstacle.

Leif looks up at her while still being flopped over the table. :is: "Oh. Cash. If that's all..." He takes out his wallet and takes out his identifying documents. "Try not to spend everything. The shop selling it is to the north, just ask around, it's the only one in Höfn." It didn't look like this was the first time he was just giving his wallet away. He points at Oliver. "And you?" he asks.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Person by day, asleep by night.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/that idiot/ Anything else you feel like using
« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2020, 02:13:56 PM »
Leif looks up at her while still being flopped over the table. :is: "Oh. Cash. If that's all..." He takes out his wallet and takes out his identifying documents. "Try not to spend everything. The shop selling it is to the north, just ask around, it's the only one in Höfn." It didn't look like this was the first time he was just giving his wallet away. He points at Oliver. "And you?" he asks.

In a silghtly joking tone, Oliver says  :is: "Rejoice, for I bring solutions and not problems! I've worked out that since we're not leaving until tommorow, James and Sara will actually get here a few hours before we set off, so I'll be able to say goodbye and he can help you with my paperwork!"[size=78%] [/size]
:gb:-Native speaker
:fr:-conversational (once upon a time (2 years ago))
:fi:-basics
old english (wessex)-some
:ru:-can swear

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #139 on: December 13, 2020, 02:19:16 PM »
Harald waits for a moment for the Icelandic to stop, then quietly leans towards Saga. :no: "Is my presence still needed, or am I allowed to see if I can pick up some necessary materials?" he asks softly.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #140 on: December 13, 2020, 02:30:56 PM »

In a silghtly joking tone, Oliver says  :is: "Rejoice, for I bring solutions and not problems! I've worked out that since we're not leaving until tommorow, James and Sara will actually get here a few hours before we set off, so I'll be able to say goodbye and he can help you with my paperwork!"

Leif knocks on the wood at that. He straightens up and leans back in his chair.

Harald waits for a moment for the Icelandic to stop, then quietly leans towards Saga. :no: "Is my presence still needed, or am I allowed to see if I can pick up some necessary materials?" he asks softly.

:no: "Just a moment, please" Saga says.

Leif considers the situation for a bit. :is: "Alright so obviously, reporting the mistake made. I need his full name, place of origin, nationality, current location, date of birth, occupation, education, basically everything where he could have left a paper trail. I'm tempted to ask to keep his faulty passport..."
"That is very illegal" Saga states.
"You don't say." He taps at the quarantine papers. "I'll copy these, and I need a copy of his passport, too."
She nods. :no: "So, Harald. Full name, place of origin, nationality, current location, date of birth, occupation, education, anything else you might want to share that would help us find you and correct the mistake?"

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #141 on: December 13, 2020, 02:52:33 PM »

":is: Th-thank you?" is all Dísa gets out in her irritation that this man just handed her, a basically complete stranger, his entire wallet without even looking up. And it´s pretty full too. She isn´t sure whether she should feel honored for Leif´s trust or worried for his sense of self-preservation.

Leif considers the situation for a bit. :is: "Alright so obviously, reporting the mistake made. I need his full name, place of origin, nationality, current location, date of birth, occupation, education, basically everything where he could have left a paper trail. I'm tempted to ask to keep his faulty passport..."
"You don't say." He taps at the quarantine papers. "I'll copy these, and I need a copy of his passport, too."
She nods. :no: "So, Harald. Full name, place of origin, nationality, current location, date of birth, occupation, education, anything else you might want to share that would help us find you and correct the mistake?"

As now everyone seems to be busy with the two others´ problems, she slowly backs away.

":is: Y-yeah, that would be all then... I´ll just... go to that store now."

Once she´s outside, she stops and looks more closely at what her boss has just entrusted her with.  It´s a lot. Really a lot. She has been living on pretty tight money herself over the past few years, as her family´s company has been struggling pretty badly financially, so this feels like carrying around her entire bank-account in cash.

She looks around. None of her crewmembers seems to be close by, so guess she´ll go alone.
Ok, north. With extreme anxiety to loose this little fortune on the way, Dísa starts walking.
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #142 on: December 13, 2020, 03:56:54 PM »

:no: "Harald Hiekki: H-I-E-K-K-I. I'm from Ontojärvi, but was born in Otanmäki, fifth of June, Year 92. Blacksmith, finished my mastery sixteen years ago. We didn't have much schooling." Harald pauses, considering. "The ship I took to Denmark was the :fi:Swift Oar, while the one I took from there to Iceland was called :dk: Pillar of Autumn. Beyond that, I do not think I can be of much help."
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 05:06:43 PM by Ragnarok »

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #143 on: December 13, 2020, 04:05:55 PM »
:no: "Harald Hiekki: H-I-E-K-K-I. I'm from Ontojärvi, but was born in Otanmäki, fifth of June, Year one hundred and two. Blacksmith, finished my mastery sixteen years ago. We didn't have much schooling." Harald pauses, considering. "The ship I took to Denmark was the :fl:Swift Oar, while the one I took from there to Iceland was called :den: Pillar of Autumn. Beyond that, I do not think I can be of much help."

Saga translates for him as Leif writes everything down. :is: "Any contacts who could confirm his identity?" he asks. Saga repeats the question for him.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #144 on: December 13, 2020, 04:23:31 PM »
Saga translates for him as Leif writes everything down. :is: "Any contacts who could confirm his identity?" he asks. Saga repeats the question for him.

Harald considers. :no: "Kyösti Virtanen's stationed up near Ontojärvi, I think he's a captain by now. Finnish military. He's known me for two decades. There's Ontojarvi's mayor, Leo Koskinen. I left a few journeymen to keep the work steady there...Jukka Kohenen, Liisa Hotakainen, Juhahi Järvinen. Not many others."
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 05:07:30 PM by Ragnarok »

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #145 on: December 13, 2020, 04:29:57 PM »
Harald considers. :no: "Kyösti Virtanen's stationed up near Ontojärvi, I think he's a captain by now. Finnish military. He's known me since I was a child. There's Ontojarvi's mayor, Leo Koskinen. I left a few journeymen to keep the work steady there...Jukka Kohenen, Liisa Hotakainen, Juhahi Järvinen. Not many others."

:no: "Right" she says. With Harald's help, she tells Leif how to spell those names. The rest is up to him.
:is: "Tell him to give me his passport, I will copy it and return the original to him tomorrow before you leave. Along with the quarantine papers" he says.
Saga translates.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 04:37:26 PM by Kitty »

Fuzipeg

• Scout
« Reply #146 on: December 13, 2020, 07:22:00 PM »
Leif pokes the cat. :is: "Oy. Dock 5. Get going."
Svenny opens an eye to look at the long-legs poking him. It's the pathetic one who's a walk over. He stretches, gets up, turns around, and lays back down again; all curled up.
From the :gb: , and I'm into a lot of things.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #147 on: December 13, 2020, 07:25:50 PM »
:no: "Right" she says. With Harald's help, she tells Leif how to spell those names. The rest is up to him.
:is: "Tell him to give me his passport, I will copy it and return the original to him tomorrow before you leave. Along with the quarantine papers" he says.
Saga translates.
Svenny opens an eye to look at the long-legs poking him. It's the pathetic one who's a walk over. He stretches, gets up, turns around, and lays back down again; all curled up.

Harald tosses Leif the passport, then walks over and picks up the lazy cat, letting it flop across his shoulders. :no: "I will be back shortly," he says calmly, before heading out the door and into the streets.

It takes Marianne half an hour to walk from Dock 5 to her destination.  Upon arrival, she enters a small shed, then emerges with several small plastic bowls, which she places haphazardly on the ground a few feet from one another.  Another trip into the shed produces a large bag of something that rattles and smells vaguely like meat.

Already, her efforts have not gone unnoticed.  A dozen spectators have appeared, watching and clamoring for her to finish.

Marianne fills the bowls, returns the bag to the shed, and calls, "KITTYKITTYKITTYKITTYKITTYKITTYKITTYKITTYKITTYKITTYKITTY!!!"

Cats converge on the scene from all directions, emerging from out of the woods, from under buildings, off rooftops.

Marianne sits cross-legged on the ground to watch them eat.

"Hey, guys.  So, most of you know I got a job that will take me away for a few months.  Well, that starts tomorrow."

A big orange tom looks up at her from his bowl like he's listening.

"Like I told you, the other volunteers will keep you fed.  And Dr. Habersberger will still try and keep up with the spays and neuters."

A kitten bites her in the arm.

"Ow!  Yes, he'll still pull bad teeth too.  Especially if you do that, you little shit..."

She uses her hand to gently wrestle with the kitten for a few moments as more cats finish eating and approach her. 

"What's that?" she asks a feisty tortoiseshell who always looks like she disapproves of something.  "You think I should go back and talk to my new crewmates?  duck that.  I'm spending my last few hours of freedom with you..."

She pulls a bottle of vodka out of her pocket.

"...and this."

Just then, an orange tabby kitten Marianne doesn't recognize runs straight up to her, mewing loudly all the way.  Not satisfied with being petted, the little one leaps onto her sleeve, climbs her arm to her shoulder, and YELLS in her ear.

"Odin's balls, cat!  That is not how we behave!"

Marianne plucks the little miscreant off her and deposits it in a group of other kittens who are happily eating.  She's just started to turn away when the other kittens stop as one and either run away or hiss.  The largest leaps at the orange one and Marianne gets several scratches breaking up what clearly wasn't a play fight.

Marianne offers the orange kitten to various cats she knows were recently pregnant, and a few who weren't.

"Is this yours?"

Rejection at every turn.

Shit.

"All right, little guy," she says as she tucks the kitten into a pocket.  "I guess you're mine."

Harald heads for the warehousing district. Raw material in sufficient quantities for what he intended was usually difficult to pick up outside of such areas.
His eyes narrow as he picks up the sound of a vast number of cats. He heads towards the source of the noise.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 07:29:09 PM by Ragnarok »

Fuzipeg

• Scout
« Reply #148 on: December 13, 2020, 07:38:58 PM »
Harald tosses Leif the passport, then walks over and picks up the lazy cat, letting it flop across his shoulders. :no: "I will be back shortly," he says calmly, before heading out the door and into the streets.

Harald heads for the warehousing district. Raw material in sufficient quantities for what he intended was usually difficult to pick up outside of such areas.
His eyes narrow as he picks up the sound of a vast number of cats. He heads towards the source of the noise.
Aaah, free transport to wherever. This is the large male with a big presence, must know what he's doing.
Svenny seems to be happy being worn as a scarf, until the clowder is close. He pricks up his ears, and now warily perches on a shoulder. Such a large gathering will be boisterous, which is not to Svenny's taste. Seeing so many come into view, he hunkers down on his perch, not wanting to be harassed to play with the others.
I'm channeling my sleep disorder heavily with Svenny. All the sleep I want, never to feel rested 😛
From the :gb: , and I'm into a lot of things.

phyrestorm999

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her
« Reply #149 on: December 14, 2020, 01:55:56 AM »

The cats sense an intruder well before Marianne does.  Heads are raised, ears twitch, and eyes gaze toward the alleyway.  Then there's a mass exodus, over half of the crowd scattering back where they came from.

Marianne considers leaving too, then decides against it.  She's been volunteering here for months.  She has a right to spend a final day with her furry friends.  Whoever this is will probably go away pretty soon anyway.

She figures it's another volunteer, probably a newbie, or a kid playing hooky from school to explore.  She's completely surprised to see the blacksmith from her new crew, now wearing a nervous-looking cat as a scarf. 

Her spring to her feet, surprisingly swift and agile compared to her usual movements, scares off many of the remaining cats.

"What the HELL!  Did you FOLLOW me?!"
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018
Beautiful Fighter, Loyal Friend, Badass Cat