Author Topic: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play  (Read 46145 times)

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2020, 04:47:39 PM »
:is: "Ah, I'm fine. Happens all the time, don't worry about it."

:no: "Oh, I'm an engineer and, ah, cat trainer. I'm assuming a cat is coming with us?" she asks hopefully. Kneeling down, she starts to gather her equipment back into her pack as Saga and Oliver converse about the nature of the journey.

Harald shrugs. :no: "I have no idea. One hopes." This said, he goes back to his chair and sits down, listening quietly to the others conversing.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2020, 05:20:34 PM »
:is: "I think is right office then.... People keep jumping the queue...seems right for the reputation of these kinds of work."

Leo clicks his teeth in annoyance at the perceived sleight as he had been waiting in line for Harald to finish his business at the office. It is hard tell from merely looking at him is he truly shares in the annoyance his tone of voice suggests.

A glance of anger wanders over the womans face as the man suddenly speaks full sentences of the language he "struggled" through just a few minutes ago. She still answers politely.
":is: So you work there too? Nice to meet you then, my name is Dísa Ánnsdóttir, and yours? Have you considered maybe waiting closer to the door? I mean, you are standing pretty far away. The others probably didn´t notice you."
She turns towards the building. "I also don´t think there really is a queue... Everyone who arrived so far just went right inside. We maybe should go in too, otherwise we might be late."
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 05:32:43 PM by Mirasol »
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

phyrestorm999

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2020, 05:27:55 PM »
A very tall, muscular woman with short brown hair and a scowl shoulders her way through the crowd on the dock to stand awkwardly near the door to the little office. 

Is this a line?  Do I just go in?  Is this even the right place?

:no: "Uh, hi," she says to the nearest person.  "This is the Southern Expedition meeting, right?"
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018
Beautiful Fighter, Loyal Friend, Badass Cat

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2020, 05:33:30 PM »
A very tall, muscular woman with short brown hair and a scowl shoulders her way through the crowd on the dock to stand awkwardly near the door to the little office. 

Is this a line?  Do I just go in?  Is this even the right place?

:no: "Uh, hi," she says to the nearest person.  "This is the Southern Expedition meeting, right?"

Harald looks up. :no: "Yes."
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

phyrestorm999

• Scout
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2020, 05:38:45 PM »
Harald looks up. :no: "Yes."

Oh, thank gods.  Also, this guy is built about on the same scale as me.  That should cut down on the stares.

:no: "Are you the captain?"
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2020, 05:42:15 PM »
A glance of anger wanders over the womans face as the man suddenly speaks gramatically perfect Icelandic. She still answers politely.
":is: So you work there too? Nice to meet you then, my name is Dísa Ánnsdóttir, and yours? Have you considered maybe waiting closer to the door? I mean, you are standing pretty far away. The others probably didn´t notice you."
She turns towards the building. "I also don´t think there really is a queue... Everyone who arrived so far just went right inside. We maybe should go in too, otherwise we might be late."

:is: "Leo." Leo shrugs in indifference and picks up his pack from where he'd set it before he started sipping his coffee. :is: "Probably right about not noticing us at this distance."

Despite the rifle strapped to it, and it being presumably full of equipment, the pack itself is eerily quiet as he slips it on, no jingle or rattle of stuff within or without.

Leo glides through the moving dockworkers with almost the precense of a ghost and approaches the still open door and almost gets close enough to announce his presence before someone else suddenly looms into the doorway before he could get there.

He stands about three meters away watching and waiting, peering past the new arrival and arches an eyebrow at the nearly claustrophobic sight of so many people inside.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 05:44:19 PM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2020, 05:45:03 PM »
Oh, thank gods.  Also, this guy is built about on the same scale as me.  That should cut down on the stares.

:no: "Are you the captain?"

:no: "No. I do not know who's leading this crew, yet." The big man shrugs. "Does anyone wish to address that?"

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2020, 06:00:35 PM »
:is: "Leo." Leo shrugs in indifference and picks up his pack from where he'd set it before he started sipping his coffee. :is: "Probably right about not noticing us at this distance."

Despite the rifle strapped to it, and it being presumably full of equipment, the pack itself is eerily quiet as he slips it on, no jingle or rattle of stuff within or without.

Leo glides through the moving dockworkers with almost the precense of a ghost and approaches the still open door and almost gets close enough to announce his presence before someone else suddenly looms into the doorway before he could get there.

He stands about three meters away watching and waiting, peering past the new arrival and arches an eyebrow at the nearly claustrophobic sight of so many people inside.

Dísa has no time to react as Leo walks away, so she just ends up following behind him. For every step he takes she has to take three. At this point she is regretting it a bit that she talked to him in the first place. Sure, in between the options of talking to the giant man with a literal anvil on his shoulder knocking on the door and the giant man drinking coffee and staring, she took the one that seemed less fatal. But the best person for conversation he had not been. She also hoped she would maybe also work with less scary people too... But it was just the first impression, she was sure once she got to know everyone it would be great.

As Leo stops still in a safe distance, Dísa stops as well, slightly confused. Another giant person is still standing in the doorway. Dísa starts wondering whether there was a minimal height no one told her about...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 06:03:50 PM by Mirasol »
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2020, 06:13:07 PM »
:no: "No. I do not know who's leading this crew, yet." The big man shrugs. "Does anyone wish to address that?"

:no: "Ah, yes." So many people came in while she rambled about the canal and other possible routes that might happen in later expedition if this works out. She straightens her clothes and her back and puts away the atlas back on the pile she got it from. :no: "Welcome, everyone! Please come in" she calls. "Have a seat. Uh. Hi. I am Saga, your navigator. We will be taking a ship, Leif's Ånd, to the south. Atlantic Ocean, La Manche, around France and Spain, through Gibraltar, to Suez" she says, showing the general route on the map on the wall with a knitting needle. "We will make stops along the way as we deem are safe and likely to give us something worth risking our lives for. Uhh... in case of land beasts and trolls, run for the ship immediately. In case of sea beasts and especially leviathans, we're shutting down systems and rising up metal shields and coverings for windows, doors and so, and you are required to stay completely silent, make as little movement as possible and not do any noises or talking until the danger passes. Sound travels incredibly well through water. If the leviathan doesn't pass, we can release charges into the sea to chase it away, but that should be the last resort." She repeats herself in Icelandic, slightly more eloquently. Leif lets her speak, without interrupting for once. :is: "As for the captain, he should be on his way here..."
:is: "Telegraph for Leif Erikson!"
Leif goes to accept it and reads it, before handing it to Saga in silence.
The fact he loves the sound of his voice too much to not loudly announce it should have been a giveaway the news were not good.
:is: "Uhh... our captain found out we are heading south in summer and quit the journey" Saga declares. She repeats it in Norwegian, too.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2020, 06:17:21 PM »
:no: "Ah, yes." So many people came in while she rambled about the canal and other possible routes that might happen in later expedition if this works out. She straightens her clothes and her back and puts away the atlas back on the pile she got it from. :no: "Welcome, everyone! Please come in" she calls. "Have a seat. Uh. Hi. I am Saga, your navigator. We will be taking a ship, Leif's Ånd, to the south. Atlantic Ocean, La Manche, around France and Spain, through Gibraltar, to Suez" she says, showing the general route on the map on the wall with a knitting needle. "We will make stops along the way as we deem are safe and likely to give us something worth risking our lives for. Uhh... in case of land beasts and trolls, run for the ship immediately. In case of sea beasts and especially leviathans, we're shutting down systems and rising up metal shields and coverings for windows, doors and so, and you are required to stay completely silent, make as little movement as possible and not do any noises or talking until the danger passes. Sound travels incredibly well through water. If the leviathan doesn't pass, we can release charges into the sea to chase it away, but that should be the last resort." She repeats herself in Icelandic, slightly more eloquently. Leif lets her speak, without interrupting for once. :is: "As for the captain, he should be on his way here..."
The fact he loves the sound of his voice too much to not loudly announce it should have been a giveaway the news were not good.
:is: "Uhh... our captain found out we are heading south in summer and quit the journey" Saga declares. She repeats it in Norwegian, too.

Harald smiles. Well, probably. It's a bit hard to tell, with the beard and all. :no: "So we need a new captain, then."

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Person by day, asleep by night.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/that idiot/ Anything else you feel like using
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2020, 06:19:07 PM »

:eng: "And so the fun begins", Oliver mutters, then removes his pack with thud against the floor and begins to look more closely at the other crewmembers, to better know the mess he's got himself into.
:gb:-Native speaker
:fr:-conversational (once upon a time (2 years ago))
:fi:-basics
old english (wessex)-some
:ru:-can swear

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2020, 06:20:46 PM »
The door creaks open once more and an exceedingly average man sidles in. Dr. Ludvig Nyman is wearing a leather backpack. He's pulling a leather trunk behind him that he leaves outside of the door as he shuffles in- the office seems too small to fit everything.

He's wearing a frankly appalling knitted sweater, which covers up any muscle he might have. Mousy brown hair is cut in an unremarkable way, his eyes and face so standard that you forget them as soon as you look at them. He looks like he's in his mid thirties. He's holding a map of the harbor.

Not wanting to interrupt the speech, he just looks around at all of his new... coworkers? They.. well, they're certainly something. He holds up a hand in a silent wave.
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

phyrestorm999

• Scout
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2020, 06:21:12 PM »

Wow.  These people really do not have their shit together.

Not sure whether she should be more amused or concerned, the large woman folds her arms over her ample chest, tries to lean against the wall, and knocks over a pair of skis, which clatter noisily to the floor.

Damn it, Marianne!  At least get on the ship before you start breaking stuff!
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2020, 06:25:51 PM »
Ahahaha... Nobody is taking this well. Saga knows she has to calm the situation down before it explodes, but it needs to be in a constructive way.

The door creaks open once more and an exceedingly average man sidles in. Dr. Ludvig Nyman is wearing a leather backpack. He's pulling a leather trunk behind him that he leaves outside of the door as he shuffles in- the office seems too small to fit everything.

He's wearing a frankly appalling knitted sweater, which covers up any muscle he might have. Mousy brown hair is cut in an unremarkable way, his eyes and face so standard that you forget them as soon as you look at them. He looks like he's in his mid thirties. He's holding a map of the harbor.

Not wanting to interrupt the speech, he just looks around at all of his new... coworkers? They.. well, they're certainly something. He holds up a hand in a silent wave.

:no: "Yes! You have a question? Do you maybe have any experience as a captain?" she asks brightly. "Or anyone else for that matter. If you have the will and ability to lead the crew, please tell me." She repeats it all in Icelandic, just in case. Someone please step forward please please please...
Perhaps they'll get delayed for a week or two until they find a replacement... Or someone will step up.

Hopefully.

Someone.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2020, 06:30:12 PM »
Ahahaha... Nobody is taking this well. Saga knows she has to calm the situation down before it explodes, but it needs to be in a constructive way.

:no: "Yes! You have a question? Do you maybe have any experience as a captain?" she asks brightly. "Or anyone else for that matter. If you have the will and ability to lead the crew, please tell me." She repeats it all in Icelandic, just in case. Someone please step forward please please please...
Perhaps they'll get delayed for a week or two until they find a replacement... Or someone will step up.

Hopefully.

Someone.

:no: "I'm just... the doctor?" Doc gives a half smile. "Nooooo experience. With the shooty... stuff." He makes an X with his arms. "You're the talking one. Aren't you the one in charge? Yes?"

He flattens himself more against the wall in case she actually makes him do it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 06:31:43 PM by amaranthineamusement »
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man