Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72497 times)

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #645 on: December 31, 2019, 06:34:56 AM »
Sanni and Runar walked to the shores and onward from there. Everything was misty and didn't seem to get any clearer when both of them continued to the gate of the rock building - or that's what they supposed it was. Grass was growing wildly everywhere but after the gate there was growing flowers neatly. Grass was slightly shorter too.

In the distance, they could see a collapsed piece of the building and a hazy figure standing.

Anne listened again into the distance and felt just uneasy. She shook her head and turned around to look behind her.
There was greeting only Axel on top of the tank.
Anne's eyebrows went up and she crossed her arms. The unease didn't leave her.
:denmark: "So you can't sleep either", Anne said to him and pressed her lips tightly together.
:denmark: "...there's probably something out there. I don't feel safe enough to leave it even when it is out of the borders."

Probably something like trolls strolling through the night. She glanced at Elin.
:sweden: "So...you both get what I'm saying, right?"

"Cover your eyes" Rúnar ordered. He started walking towards the person. He moved his hair to the front, and pulled a hood over his head, partially shielding his eyes.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Temteno

« Reply #646 on: December 31, 2019, 08:29:33 AM »
"Cover your eyes" Rúnar ordered. He started walking towards the person. He moved his hair to the front, and pulled a hood over his head, partially shielding his eyes.

The figure was standing in front of an old tree and seemed to do something to its branches. It heard Runar walking towards it and turned towards him.
"Who's there?" the figure asked. The voice belonged to an older man and it echoed through the stony place.

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #647 on: December 31, 2019, 08:47:50 AM »
The figure was standing in front of an old tree and seemed to do something to its branches. It heard Runar walking towards it and turned towards him.
"Who's there?" the figure asked. The voice belonged to an older man and it echoed through the stony place.

Rúnar stopped approaching. "We are travelers from the North."

Temteno

« Reply #648 on: December 31, 2019, 10:25:33 AM »

"We? I thought there was just a one lad."

The figure approached slowly Runar and Sanni. It dusted its clothing from something and, through the mist, its figure became clearer.
It was a man who was clearly very old and stood with shaking hands and hunched back. He had gardening equipment on his hands. His head had started to bald but it still had slightly curly, gray-brown hair. The roughly textured beard had gray streaks on it and his face had many scars and wrinkles.

He took few steps closer with his muddy pair of boots.
"Well well, from the North? Many people don't come to visit the old me from there", he said and turned to a new bush.
"I remember when good ol' Lilith moved to the viking's land. Told here there was cold and no flowers like my benches had but she didn't take a word. A word, can you believe that!"

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #649 on: December 31, 2019, 11:19:18 AM »
Anne listened again into the distance and felt just uneasy. She shook her head and turned around to look behind her.
:denmark: "So you can't sleep either", Anne said to him and pressed her lips tightly together.
:denmark: "...there's probably something out there. I don't feel safe enough to leave it even when it is out of the borders."

Probably something like trolls strolling through the night. She glanced at Elin.

Axel nodded, a rifle in his hands as he scanned the horizon. :norway: "Could hunt it," he said in barely-understandable Norwegian.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #650 on: December 31, 2019, 01:56:17 PM »

There was a wild glint in Elin's eyes and a smirk on her face, ":sweden: What you're saying is we should go kill it?"
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Temteno

« Reply #651 on: January 05, 2020, 04:25:59 PM »
Axel nodded, a rifle in his hands as he scanned the horizon. :norway: "Could hunt it," he said in barely-understandable Norwegian.

There was a wild glint in Elin's eyes and a smirk on her face, ":sweden: What you're saying is we should go kill it?"

Anne looked both of them and nodded, snapping her fingers.
:sweden: "Exactly, both of you."
She looked back at the tank with slightly unnerved look. Anne had no idea if Amelia approved this unofficial mission of theirs. Then on the other hand, Anne was the second leader and could probably make decisions.
Such thing felt like huge burden and responsibility just on her and that's what made her nervous.
However...

:sweden: "It's night here, so it isn't safe to go too far away. Trolls and beasts are moving everywhere - so this is a sneak mission", she told both of them very slowly and clearly.
:sweden: "Our only mission is to get rid of anything that is out there and close -  or at least make sure it isn't dangering us. Maybe we could get the village on our side with that."

Sweat drops on her forehead told though that this was such a risky move.

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #652 on: January 05, 2020, 04:37:10 PM »

Sanni raised an eyebrow but did as her said, squinting just barely through her fingers to follow his path. She was about to ask him why, and what, and where, when the figure spoke.

The figure approached slowly Runar and Sanni. It dusted its clothing from something and, through the mist, its figure became clearer.
It was a man who was clearly very old and stood with shaking hands and hunched back. He had gardening equipment on his hands. His head had started to bald but it still had slightly curly, gray-brown hair. The roughly textured beard had gray streaks on it and his face had many scars and wrinkles.

"Well well, from the North? Many people don't come to visit the old me from there", he said and turned to a new bush.
"I remember when good ol' Lilith moved to the viking's land. Told here there was cold and no flowers like my benches had but she didn't take a word. A word, can you believe that!"

Sanni didn't recognize him. She wondered if Rúnar did, though his caution seemed to suggest that he did not. She wasn't entirely sure what to say, or whether she was supposed to say anything. She began to slowly lower her hand from her eyes, looking at Rúnar for any sign of what or what not to do.
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #653 on: January 05, 2020, 04:41:22 PM »

Rúnar gave him a shrug. "We traveled here by the sea. I thought it would be polite to greet the mages of the village that was so hospitable to us. We are spending the night here."

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #654 on: January 05, 2020, 04:42:15 PM »
She looked back at the tank with slightly unnerved look. Anne had no idea if Amelia approved this unofficial mission of theirs. Then on the other hand, Anne was the second leader and could probably make decisions.
Such thing felt like huge burden and responsibility just on her and that's what made her nervous.
However...

:sweden: "It's night here, so it isn't safe to go too far away. Trolls and beasts are moving everywhere - so this is a sneak mission", she told both of them very slowly and clearly.
:sweden: "Our only mission is to get rid of anything that is out there and close -  or at least make sure it isn't dangering us. Maybe we could get the village on our side with that."

By the dark circles under her eyes you tell that she was tired, but by the wild grin on Elin's face you could see that she wasn't too tired for some troll hunting. ":sweden: Rad! I'll grab my flame thrower, and get right on that."

She gave Anne a friendly punch on the arm and a smile, then ran off to the tank to grab her stuff.
socks

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #655 on: January 05, 2020, 04:44:33 PM »
However...

Axel nodded, and leapt down from the tank soundlessly, moving in utter silence. Ylva got up from her resting position and sat at his footsteps as they both waited for Elin.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #656 on: January 06, 2020, 11:39:20 AM »
Axel nodded, and leapt down from the tank soundlessly, moving in utter silence. Ylva got up from her resting position and sat at his footsteps as they both waited for Elin.

Not much later, Elin hopped out of the tank, flamethrower in hand and dagger sheathed at her side, ready to hunt some trolls. She walked up to Axel and Anne, ":sweden: I'm ready to go now, where do you guys think we should head first?"
socks

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #657 on: January 08, 2020, 09:42:03 AM »
Not much later, Elin hopped out of the tank, flamethrower in hand and dagger sheathed at her side, ready to hunt some trolls. She walked up to Axel and Anne, ":sweden: I'm ready to go now, where do you guys think we should head first?"

Axel looked Elin over, nodded wordlessly, and started walking off the street in complete and total silence, Ylva following like a shadow.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #658 on: January 13, 2020, 01:55:58 AM »
Jack stretched out and stared silently into the night sky from his perch atop the building roof. From his vantage he had heard talking and movement down in the camp from the foreigners, that's what has roused him from his rest. Vaguely he wondered what they might be doing.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Temteno

« Reply #659 on: January 15, 2020, 03:24:42 AM »
Rúnar gave him a shrug. "We traveled here by the sea. I thought it would be polite to greet the mages of the village that was so hospitable to us. We are spending the night here."

The man raised his eyebrows and looked lost there for a moment. Her let out a hearty laugh and pointed with his small gardening shovel at Runar and Sanni.
"Mage? Well that's not a word I've heard for some time."
He took a plastic watering can and watered some flowers. The mist got heavier but it didn't seem to damp his mood.
"I would consider myself a one, too. A world that is about sterile hospitals sometimes forgets about the 'touch of nature', don't you think?"
He walked towards them slowly and with shaking hands and unsteady legs.

"Want a cup of coffee? I don't get a lot of visitors - actually nobody visits here."
The man continued his walk to a doorway and just didn't stop talking.
"Before this I thought this all was just some limbo. The end of the world happened after all."

By the dark circles under her eyes you tell that she was tired, but by the wild grin on Elin's face you could see that she wasn't too tired for some troll hunting. ":sweden: Rad! I'll grab my flame thrower, and get right on that."

She gave Anne a friendly punch on the arm and a smile, then ran off to the tank to grab her stuff.

"Flamethrower-!"
Anne rubbed her arm and let out a small, strangled sigh. This was a bad idea, she already regretted this with these maniacs. The unease didn't still ease though and it just grew her paranoia.
However, she hoped for stealth mission.

Axel looked Elin over, nodded wordlessly, and started walking off the street in complete and total silence, Ylva following like a shadow.

Anne jogged ahead of Axel and Elin. She turned to face them and slowed slightly her jogging pace.
:sweden: "I sensed something out there - which shouldn't be a surprise at night. However, it feels too close, if you get what I mean."
They walked on the streets of the small, abandoned town. Rusted cars were laying around, everything was taken by nature and anything wooden had crumbled down already.
Unknown signs had fell apart. Anne's eyes darted everywhere - there were so many places to hide and it was a night.

When the campfire's light faded, Anne took her torch and was ready to lit it up.
:sweden: "What I got, the villagers guard this city. Do they guard all the time though? Maybe they just take care of the village center all the time."
She coughed.
:sweden: "We shouldn't split up for the sake of safety, but we should take one block at a time and go through it. How that sounds?"

Anne tried to follow her instincts. She turned her torch on and turned around the corner, walking towards the frontier of the village.