Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72516 times)

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #630 on: November 29, 2019, 03:00:48 PM »
He nodded.

"By the way, the music comes from our new friend, Jack. It appears he is a very skilled violinist."

"Oh! I was wondering. He is talented."
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Temteno

« Reply #631 on: November 30, 2019, 10:57:48 AM »
":sweden: I do speak Icelandic actually!" Elin said lightheartedly, "My dad was from Iceland, he moved to Sweden because that's where my mom was and she had an important job doing some sort of important thing. My mom wasn't around as much as my dad so me and my brothers all learned and spoke Icelandic from him."

":iceland: See, I'm speaking Icelandic right now!" Elin teased, "You have no clue what I'm saying!"

Anne stared Eli and blinked with slightly surprised face. She huffed when Eli started to speak Icelandic and gave her the look.
:sweden: "Fine fine, you won this round. Just stop the Icelandic", she sighed and crossed her arms.

Elin didn't have to think long to come up with a response, ":sweden: I'm not sure I could go back to school, I don't do well in still and quiet places, I get... jittery. Maybe I could just work in a candle shop until I learn how candle making works," Elin's eyes lit up, "Or maybe I could be one of those people who tosses flaming torches and catches them again and stuff!"

She sighed, ":sweden: Probably not, but still, I could probably work something out that's not military. This trip is kinda like, me seeing if I really could go back or not in a way. This isn't a normal life but it's definitely not what I was doing before either. I dunno, I just kinda needed a change and quick."

She listened her with a little more thoughtful look and blinked few times.
:swede: "Change of pace, huh", she said and smiled gently in a secretive way. Anne leaned on her hand and pet Ylva carefully again.

Elin took a deep breath, she didn't feel like she was going to tear up when she spoke about... needing change... anymore, at least not right now. She looked to Anne, ":sweden: If you get a normal job when we go back, what do you think you'd be doing?"

Anne smiled even more widely and looked at Elin with a teasing expression.
"Hmm, you tell me what you would think as fitting", she said and gave a grin to her.

Axel woke up, and slithered out of his extremely safe crate.
Time to see what was going on.

Axel listened quietly, not wanting to intrude.

Anne felt slightly uneasy. She looked around her and turned her head around. She tried to keep her calm look but her body got rigid again.
She looked Ylva and gave her a pat to the side.
:denmark: "Hey, can you sense anything?" she asked from the dog in a rhetorical way, if only to ease herself.

Sanni smiled widely at that. "Thank you. Not yet, but I might. Will. Probably." She trailed off, letting her gaze fix itself back on the dark water.

Sanni could see that in a distance was heavy fog that didn't seem to ease. There were few lonely islands peeking out and seemed like there was more than one. Still, they were far away.

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #632 on: November 30, 2019, 11:14:49 AM »
Anne stared Eli and blinked with slightly surprised face. She huffed when Eli started to speak Icelandic and gave her the look.
:sweden: "Fine fine, you won this round. Just stop the Icelandic", she sighed and crossed her arms.

She listened her with a little more thoughtful look and blinked few times.
:swede: "Change of pace, huh", she said and smiled gently in a secretive way. Anne leaned on her hand and pet Ylva carefully again.

"Hmm, you tell me what you would think as fitting", she said and gave a grin to her.

Anne felt slightly uneasy. She looked around her and turned her head around. She tried to keep her calm look but her body got rigid again.
:denmark: "Hey, can you sense anything?" she asked from the dog in a rhetorical way, if only to ease herself.

Ylva wurfed softly and licked Anne's nose.

Axel went on guard. Was there something out there?
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #633 on: December 02, 2019, 06:00:41 PM »

Elin tapped her chin thoughtfully, ":sweden: Hmm, well," she grinned, "You could work in a candle shop with me,"Elin gave a playful wink.

Then she noticed Anne tense up, Elin went back to a more serious composure. ":sweden: Do you think something is out there?" she asked carefully.

Ylva wurfed softly and licked Anne's nose.

Axel went on guard. Was there something out there?

Elin scanned the landscape in front of her, nothing. Then she turned to the landscape behind her, there was a figure looming back there, or at least there seemed to be.

Elin gasped, ":sweden: The hell..." she grabbed Anne's shoulder, "Is something back there or is that just my imagination?"
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #634 on: December 03, 2019, 03:49:17 PM »
Elin tapped her chin thoughtfully, ":sweden: Hmm, well," she grinned, "You could work in a candle shop with me,"Elin gave a playful wink.

Then she noticed Anne tense up, Elin went back to a more serious composure. ":sweden: Do you think something is out there?" she asked carefully.

Elin scanned the landscape in front of her, nothing. Then she turned to the landscape behind her, there was a figure looming back there, or at least there seemed to be.

Elin gasped, ":sweden: The hell..." she grabbed Anne's shoulder, "Is something back there or is that just my imagination?"

Axel spun around. What was sneaking up on them?

Ylva sighed, and slowly raised one paw to her muzzle.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #635 on: December 03, 2019, 04:43:07 PM »
Jack's music softened and quieted some as he transitioned to a different song. The magic of the music changed and it seemed that, while most of his ghostly audience vanished the moment the tenor changed, a couple of them were still captivated by his song and swirled in time to the song, whose quiet notes and spoken verse seemed to mute and sway into the background song of the dream.

"I's a p-f-c on search patrol, huntin' Charlie down, t'was the jungle wars of sixty five..."

In fact the magic of his music, and the two remaining ghosts seemed to shimmer and mix as they swirled around the edges of his haven, obscuring and muting the music itself and the appearance of his haven.

Spoiler: ooc • show
apparently I missed the memo that scottish mage's can't walk on water

« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 07:44:54 AM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #636 on: December 10, 2019, 04:49:40 PM »
Sanni could see that in a distance was heavy fog that didn't seem to ease. There were few lonely islands peeking out and seemed like there was more than one. Still, they were far away.

Rúnar squinted his eyes. He began to walk a bit faster, still careful to not have Sanni fall behind and into the water.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #637 on: December 11, 2019, 08:23:23 AM »
Rúnar squinted his eyes. He began to walk a bit faster, still careful to not have Sanni fall behind and into the water.

Sanni hurried her pace to keep up with Rúnar's much longer strides, trying all the while to look ahead at the fog. She was beginning to be afraid that if she didn't fall through the water right here they would meet some unspoken danger up ahead. "Well," she thought to herself, "it can't be any worse than whatever I'm likely to encounter in the waking world, anyway."
carpe diem

Temteno

« Reply #638 on: December 12, 2019, 06:45:10 AM »

Sanni hurried her pace to keep up with Rúnar's much longer strides, trying all the while to look ahead at the fog. She was beginning to be afraid that if she didn't fall through the water right here they would meet some unspoken danger up ahead. "Well," she thought to herself, "it can't be any worse than whatever I'm likely to encounter in the waking world, anyway."

They both walked closer to the foggy area for a time that took way longer than expected. Slowly, the water started to get more darker. Water plants grew densely around the area. The Islands were now way more bigger. With a closer look, oe of them it didn't seem to be a massive island though. The silhouette was mostly just a huge building that seemed to be made out of rocks. It stood there quietly and with a prideful but lonely air. Nothing stirred around them: rather, everything was almost abnormally quiet.

Finally they could see clearly the shores and the slightly collapsed rock building.

Axel spun around. What was sneaking up on them?

Ylva sighed, and slowly raised one paw to her muzzle.

Anne stared quietly into the way where Elin looked at. Her whole body tensed and any trace of rest had disappeared quickly. She got quietly but swiftly up around the fire.
She listened and twitched when the firewood cracked. Anne sniffed the air and pressed her lips together tightly.
:sweden: "We know you are there", she said finally with louder voice and waited for any kind of sign. Her tenseness didn't ease, but she gave a side glance to Elin. Anne's hand hovered around her knife, but she didn't take it out.

She had no idea what there might be.

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #639 on: December 12, 2019, 07:15:46 AM »

They both walked closer to the foggy area for a time that took way longer than expected. Slowly, the water started to get more darker. Water plants grew densely around the area. The Islands were now way more bigger. With a closer look, oe of them it didn't seem to be a massive island though. The silhouette was mostly just a huge building that seemed to be made out of rocks. It stood there quietly and with a prideful but lonely air. Nothing stirred around them: rather, everything was almost abnormally quiet.

Finally they could see clearly the shores and the slightly collapsed rock building.

Rúnar stopped, observing the area carefully.
"This does not look like a normal haven of a mage. It might be wise to turn back."

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #640 on: December 12, 2019, 11:24:59 AM »
Rúnar stopped, observing the area carefully.
"This does not look like a normal haven of a mage. It might be wise to turn back."

Sanni shot him a glance. He knew more about this than she, but-- "I'm curious," she said. "Let's explore."
carpe diem

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #641 on: December 12, 2019, 11:41:13 AM »
Sanni shot him a glance. He knew more about this than she, but-- "I'm curious," she said. "Let's explore."

"I am mostly defenseless like this" he said. He slowly started to walk onwards to the island.

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #642 on: December 17, 2019, 07:28:21 PM »
"I am mostly defenseless like this" he said. He slowly started to walk onwards to the island.

Smiling, but with nervousness coiling in her chest, Sanni hurried after him.
carpe diem

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #643 on: December 30, 2019, 01:09:52 PM »

Anne stared quietly into the way where Elin looked at. Her whole body tensed and any trace of rest had disappeared quickly. She got quietly but swiftly up around the fire.
She listened and twitched when the firewood cracked. Anne sniffed the air and pressed her lips together tightly.
:sweden: "We know you are there", she said finally with louder voice and waited for any kind of sign. Her tenseness didn't ease, but she gave a side glance to Elin. Anne's hand hovered around her knife, but she didn't take it out.

She had no idea what there might be.

Axel paused as Anne shouted. He was no stranger to living away from civilization, but Anne must be sensing something he couldn't.
Hm.
Best be silent. He needed to be ready if the thing struck.
In utter quiet, he climbed on top of the tank.

Temteno

« Reply #644 on: December 31, 2019, 06:28:17 AM »
Sanni and Runar walked to the shores and onward from there. Everything was misty and didn't seem to get any clearer when both of them continued to the gate of the rock building - or that's what they supposed it was. Grass was growing wildly everywhere but after the gate there was growing flowers neatly. Grass was slightly shorter too.

In the distance, they could see a collapsed piece of the building, with a silhouette standing next to it

Axel paused as Anne shouted. He was no stranger to living away from civilization, but Anne must be sensing something he couldn't.
Hm.
Best be silent. He needed to be ready if the thing struck.
In utter quiet, he climbed on top of the tank.

Anne listened again into the distance and felt just uneasy. She shook her head and turned around to look behind her.
There was greeting only Axel on top of the tank.
Anne's eyebrows went up and she crossed her arms. The unease didn't leave her.
:denmark: "So you can't sleep either", Anne said to him and pressed her lips tightly together.
:denmark: "...there's probably something out there. I don't feel safe enough to leave it even when it is out of the borders."

Probably something like trolls strolling through the night. She glanced at Elin.
:sweden: "So...you both get what I'm saying, right?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 08:30:38 AM by Temteno »