Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72489 times)

Temteno

Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #600 on: November 21, 2019, 06:50:54 PM »
Elin gave a small smile, ":sweden: Thanks, I promise I'll be better by tomorrow... probably."

Elin grinned, taking a rye snack, ":sweden: Sure!"

She munched quietly on her food for a moment, ":sweden: I know you used to do something with the cleansers, what brought you out here then? ... If that's not too much to ask."

Anne sighed lightly to Elin and took a rye snack with a smile. When the question came up, she munched her snack and crossed her arms under the woolen blanket.
:sweden: "It's alright, I can answer to that", she said to her but had a little thoughtful look again. Anne's smile turned to a little more awkward.
"Well, let's say my work didn't really meet my expectations anymore", she laughed but her laugh had ashamed tone.
"It's not that big of a secret, my colleagues saw that coming."

Anne looked at Elin and stretched her arms.
"They say I'm always looking for a thrill, but...", Anne started but let her voice fade away.
"I guess it isn't really about that either."

She was quiet for a moment and quickly a smile came back to her face.
"Awfully interested of me, are you?" Anne teased Elin and gave a gentle shoulder punch.
"It's okay, I stuck my nose into your private life so it's fair. I can answer to your every question."

Anne took another snack and let her blanket fall on her lap.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #601 on: November 21, 2019, 07:08:19 PM »
Anne sighed lightly to Elin and took a rye snack with a smile. When the question came up, she munched her snack and crossed her arms under the woolen blanket.
:sweden: "It's alright, I can answer to that", she said to her but had a little thoughtful look again. Anne's smile turned to a little more awkward.
"Well, let's say my work didn't really meet my expectations anymore", she laughed but her laugh had ashamed tone.
"It's not that big of a secret, my colleagues saw that coming."

Anne looked at Elin and stretched her arms.
"They say I'm always looking for a thrill, but...", Anne started but let her voice fade away.
"I guess it isn't really about that either."

She was quiet for a moment and quickly a smile came back to her face.
"Awfully interested of me, are you?" Anne teased Elin and gave a gentle shoulder punch.
"It's okay, I stuck my nose into your private life so it's fair. I can answer to your every question."

Anne took another snack and let her blanket fall on her lap.

Elin rubbed her shoulder and smiled, ":sweden: Ah don't worry about asking about my private life, we all will have to get to know each other over this trip one way or another. Besides, it's not like my private life was ever really private."

":sweden: Has the ship getting attacked and your crew beating each other up been thrill enough for you yet?" Elin joked, nudging Anne.
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Temteno

« Reply #602 on: November 21, 2019, 07:22:31 PM »
Elin rubbed her shoulder and smiled, ":sweden: Ah don't worry about asking about my private life, we all will have to get to know each other over this trip one way or another. Besides, it's not like my private life was ever really private."

Anne leaned on her hand.
:sweden: "But I'm snooping sensitive things. Some people don't like to share a lot about themselves", she said to Elin and took another snack.

":sweden: Has the ship getting attacked and your crew beating each other up been thrill enough for you yet?" Elin joked, nudging Anne.

Anne groaned.
:sweden: "I regret now my promise", she said to Elin with a sigh but the smile didn't leave her face.
"Enough thrill for my whole life. Might as well retreat from work after this and move to Iceland", she said with a playful tone and leaned on her hand again.

"What do you think of doing after this trip? Go back to work?"

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #603 on: November 21, 2019, 07:41:34 PM »
Anne leaned on her hand.
:sweden: "But I'm snooping sensitive things. Some people don't like to share a lot about themselves", she said to Elin and took another snack.

Elin leaned back a bit, ":sweden: Yeah I guess, but if you were around the cleansers there's probably not anything you haven't heard already."

Anne groaned.
:sweden: "I regret now my promise", she said to Elin with a sigh but the smile didn't leave her face.
"Enough thrill for my whole life. Might as well retreat from work after this and move to Iceland", she said with a playful tone and leaned on her hand again.

"What do you think of doing after this trip? Go back to work?"

Elin laughed, ":sweden: You'll have to learn Icelandic first!"

Elin looked up at the sky, her expression becoming pensive, "I'm not really sure, I'll have to see once this is all set and done. It all depends how much I change, gods know I couldn't go back in this state. I'm not sure how much I'm suited for a regular life... I mean, don't tell the rest of the crew but I dropped out of school when I was, like, 10 or 11 years old. Anything I know after that I got taught by my dad at home. I dunno, maybe I'll move to Mora or Iceland and open a candle shop, that would be fun and less traumatic," she joked.

"Making candles can't be that hard, right?" she said, smiling and looking back to Anne.
socks

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #604 on: November 22, 2019, 02:01:26 PM »
"Do you know that area, or should I go and see whether it is dangerous?" Rúnar asked.

Jack shrugged, "If I had to hazard a guess, it's probably the haven of the local magic."

He continued his music.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #605 on: November 22, 2019, 03:39:18 PM »
Jack shrugged, "If I had to hazard a guess, it's probably the haven of the local magic."

He continued his music.

"Ah, thank you. I believe I should visit them, to thank them for their hospitality" he said. He gave Jack a nod and walked out of his place and over the water.
"Excuse me?" he spoke.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Temteno

« Reply #606 on: November 22, 2019, 05:36:04 PM »
"Ah, thank you. I believe I should visit them, to thank them for their hospitality" he said. He gave Jack a nod and walked out of his place and over the water.
"Excuse me?" he spoke.

Despite of his expectations, the island wasn't any local mage's. The river took deep into the forest, but he could see a vague figure of Sanni following the river to where it leads.
There were other islands way further away and only a very dark and faint figure could be seen.

Elin leaned back a bit, ":sweden: Yeah I guess, but if you were around the cleansers there's probably not anything you haven't heard already."

Anne shrugged with a small smile.
:sweden: "True, but I want to still make sure. Rumors are just rumors after all."

Elin laughed, ":sweden: You'll have to learn Icelandic first!"

Elin looked up at the sky, her expression becoming pensive, "I'm not really sure, I'll have to see once this is all set and done. It all depends how much I change, gods know I couldn't go back in this state. I'm not sure how much I'm suited for a regular life... I mean, don't tell the rest of the crew but I dropped out of school when I was, like, 10 or 11 years old. Anything I know after that I got taught by my dad at home. I dunno, maybe I'll move to Mora or Iceland and open a candle shop, that would be fun and less traumatic," she joked.

"Making candles can't be that hard, right?" she said, smiling and looking back to Anne.

Anne looked at Elin and she listened her again. She smiled with an understanding look.
:sweden: "But for that you too would need to learn Icelandic first and the art of candles", she said with teasing tone and was amused.
She poked the smolder with her stick again and breathed calmly. The rigid pose had already eased some time ago.
"I met this one person who actually makes candles and sweaters. It's really meticulous job - everything has to be on its place and perfectly to make them look good", she said and relived her memories in the time she visited Mora.

Anne was quiet for some time and then opened her mouth again.
"It's never too late to start normal life or go to school. Nobody is too old to learn", she said and hummed.
"I'm sure you would learn a thing or another from there."

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #607 on: November 22, 2019, 06:05:48 PM »
Anne looked at Elin and she listened her again. She smiled with an understanding look.
:sweden: "But for that you too would need to learn Icelandic first and the art of candles", she said with teasing tone and was amused.

":sweden: I do speak Icelandic actually!" Elin said lightheartedly, "My dad was from Iceland, he moved to Sweden because that's where my mom was and she had an important job doing some sort of important thing. My mom wasn't around as much as my dad so me and my brothers all learned and spoke Icelandic from him."

":iceland: See, I'm speaking Icelandic right now!" Elin teased, "You have no clue what I'm saying!"

She poked the smolder with her stick again and breathed calmly. The rigid pose had already eased some time ago.
"I met this one person who actually makes candles and sweaters. It's really meticulous job - everything has to be on its place and perfectly to make them look good", she said and relived her memories in the time she visited Mora.

Anne was quiet for some time and then opened her mouth again.
"It's never too late to start normal life or go to school. Nobody is too old to learn", she said and hummed.
"I'm sure you would learn a thing or another from there."

Elin didn't have to think long to come up with a response, ":sweden: I'm not sure I could go back to school, I don't do well in still and quiet places, I get... jittery. Maybe I could just work in a candle shop until I learn how candle making works," Elin's eyes lit up, "Or maybe I could be one of those people who tosses flaming torches and catches them again and stuff!"

She sighed, ":sweden: Probably not, but still, I could probably work something out that's not military. This trip is kinda like, me seeing if I really could go back or not in a way. This isn't a normal life but it's definitely not what I was doing before either. I dunno, I just kinda needed a change and quick,"

Elin took a deep breath, she didn't feel like she was going to tear up when she spoke about... needing change... anymore, at least not right now. She looked to Anne, ":sweden: If you get a normal job when we go back, what do you think you'd be doing?"
socks

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #608 on: November 24, 2019, 02:53:48 PM »
"Excuse me?" he spoke.

Sanni gasped. She recognized that voice. "Ah--Hello?" She glanced nervously through the trees.
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #609 on: November 24, 2019, 04:06:55 PM »
Sanni gasped. She recognized that voice. "Ah--Hello?" She glanced nervously through the trees.

Rúnar spotted her and froze a bit. "I apologize. I did not wish to intrude in your haven."

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #610 on: November 24, 2019, 06:07:42 PM »
Rúnar spotted her and froze a bit. "I apologize. I did not wish to intrude in your haven."

Sanni’s eyes were wide, but she shook her head and a relieved smile flickered across her face. “No—don’t apologize. But how did you get here?”
carpe diem

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #611 on: November 24, 2019, 06:43:56 PM »
Sanni’s eyes were wide, but she shook her head and a relieved smile flickered across her face. “No—don’t apologize. But how did you get here?”

"I saw your haven from Jack's haven through the fog. I assumed you are a local mage, and I planned to thank them for their hospitality" he said. "If your question refers to my ability to enter your protected area - I can enter any haven. All Icelandic mages can. I am aware how rude that is. I apologize.

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #612 on: November 24, 2019, 06:50:24 PM »
"I saw your haven from Jack's haven through the fog. I assumed you are a local mage, and I planned to thank them for their hospitality" he said. "If your question refers to my ability to enter your protected area - I can enter any haven. All Icelandic mages can. I am aware how rude that is. I apologize.

“You can? Oh my gods, there is so much I don’t know. And, really, don’t apologize. It’s good to see you.”
carpe diem

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #613 on: November 24, 2019, 07:00:00 PM »
“You can? Oh my gods, there is so much I don’t know. And, really, don’t apologize. It’s good to see you.”

"Ah. Thank you" he said.

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #614 on: November 24, 2019, 07:08:41 PM »
"Ah. Thank you" he said.

“Of course. Do you...want to come sit down or something? I’m sorry. I don’t know what good manners are for inviting someone into your haven. I don’t even know if you want to be here. Sorry.” She frowned slightly at the mossy ground, as if it were somehow responsible for the necessity of navigating social interaction—albeit social interaction with a person she actually did want to get to know better—even in her sleep.
carpe diem