Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72506 times)

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #585 on: November 18, 2019, 06:10:22 PM »
Jack shrugged and slowly drew his bow across his violin starting up another song, it sounded quit somber, and for a time, he didn't actually sing to the tune, though the two ashrays slowly waltzed to Jack's rendition of the song.

"To ride the storm, to an empire of the clouds, To ride the storm, they climbed aboard their silver ghost..."

Rúnar wondered if that was his cue to leave. Jack clearly preferred ghosts, rather than his company. And Rúnar, while he liked the music, had a very distinct feeling it wasn't for him.
So he politely stayed until the song finished, gave Jack a nod, and moved on.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Temteno

« Reply #586 on: November 19, 2019, 01:04:09 PM »
Anne blinked few times when she stared a fire that smoldered quietly its orange glow. She had a wool blanket wrapped her shoulders and a stick in her hands. The stick poked the fire few times and she listened the quietness with blank eyes. Few wrinkles appeared in the glow under her eyes. Anne rubbed her face few times.

Her slightly rigid pose was a clear sign that she wasn't in ease.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #587 on: November 19, 2019, 07:38:41 PM »
Anne blinked few times when she stared a fire that smoldered quietly its orange glow. She had a wool blanket wrapped her shoulders and a stick in her hands. The stick poked the fire few times and she listened the quietness with blank eyes. Few wrinkles appeared in the glow under her eyes. Anne rubbed her face few times.

Her slightly rigid pose was a clear sign that she wasn't in ease.

Elin rolled over in bed, thoughts bouncing around in her head to no end. She closed her eyes, opened then, pulled her blanket up to her chin, took off her blanket, rolled over, closed her eyes, opened them, and nothing worked. It was no use trying to fall asleep, she was exhausted still, but she couldn't rest. She sat up in bed and put her jacket back on. She was going to head out to the fire and try to relax, but noticed Anne by the fire. She rushed back to her bunk and pulled some spare snacks out of her pillowcase.

Elin made her way over to the fire and sat next to Anne, " :sweden: Hey," she handed over the snacks, "I won't bother you, I just.. couldn't sleep."
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #588 on: November 19, 2019, 08:26:25 PM »
Sanni finally made it off to bed, curled in the corner of her bunk.

She opened her eyes in a forest. Darkly wooded, tall trees rising around her as far as she could see. Shafts of golden light threaded through the branches from somewhere high above and traced shifting patterns on the mossy ground. Sanni uncurled herself and sat ponderously for a moment on the banks of the quiet river she knew so well.

Slowly, Sanni became aware of the sound of music wafting through the trees, thin and mournful. That was peculiar--it had definitely never happened before. She stood up slowly and looked around for the source of the sound, but it seemed not to have one. She started walking through the trees at random, following the river.
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #589 on: November 20, 2019, 12:52:52 AM »
Rúnar wondered if that was his cue to leave. Jack clearly preferred ghosts, rather than his company. And Rúnar, while he liked the music, had a very distinct feeling it wasn't for him.
So he politely stayed until the song finished, gave Jack a nod, and moved on.

Slowly, Sanni became aware of the sound of music wafting through the trees, thin and mournful. That was peculiar--it had definitely never happened before. She stood up slowly and looked around for the source of the sound, but it seemed not to have one. She started walking through the trees at random, following the river.

Jacks singing at some point would probably have become audible as Sanni approached his haven,

'Said the coxswain, “Sir, she’s heavy, she’ll never make this flight“
Said the captain, “Damn the cargo, we’ll be on our way tonight“
Groundlings cheered in wonder, As she backed off from the mast
Baptizing them her water from the ballast fore and aft...
Now she slips into our past...'

His voice trailed off as the song shifted into one of the longer sections of the song that sinply had no verses, though he continued to play.

As the two ashrays continued to sway in time to the music Jack quickly spoke up, "......so where is home for you people?.... Normandy?... Norway?...I'm still more than a little lost as to the geography?"

Spoiler: ooc • show

Hey you did say Runar was staying till the song was over, and it's an 18 minute song, with a single interlude that's just a bit over 8 minutes long.

I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Temteno

« Reply #590 on: November 20, 2019, 01:26:01 AM »
Elin rolled over in bed, thoughts bouncing around in her head to no end. She closed her eyes, opened then, pulled her blanket up to her chin, took off her blanket, rolled over, closed her eyes, opened them, and nothing worked. It was no use trying to fall asleep, she was exhausted still, but she couldn't rest. She sat up in bed and put her jacket back on. She was going to head out to the fire and try to relax, but noticed Anne by the fire. She rushed back to her bunk and pulled some spare snacks out of her pillowcase.

Elin made her way over to the fire and sat next to Anne, " :sweden: Hey," she handed over the snacks, "I won't bother you, I just.. couldn't sleep."

Anne turned around immediately when she heard a noise. The cogs in her brain were moving and there was this slight sense of panic of what it might be. However, she didn't expect it to be Elin with dried rye bread badges.
She smiled to Elin and nodded.
:sweden: "Try to get some sleep later then", she said and took the snacks. Anne stared again the embers of a fire and tightened the blanket around her. All the words were lost for some reason and she couldn't even come up with a small-talk topic.

She rubbed her eyes.
:sweden: "Was everyone else fine?" Anne finally asked.

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #591 on: November 20, 2019, 05:44:16 AM »
Jacks singing at some point would probably have become audible as Sanni approached his haven,

His voice trailed off as the song shifted into one of the longer sections of the song that sinply had no verses, though he continued to play.

As the two ashrays continued to sway in time to the music Jack quickly spoke up, "......so where is home for you people?.... Normandy?... Norway?...I'm still more than a little lost as to the geography?"

Hey you did say Runar was staying till the song was over, and it's an 18 minute song, with a single interlude that's just a bit over 8 minutes long.

"From what I remember of my geography lessons, Normandy is far to the south from here, on the European mainland" he replied. "Our expedition left Norway yesterday. Norway is a Scandinavian country, north-east from here. I myself come from Iceland, which is an island to the north-west. I do not believe we currently possess maps with scales so small, but I could attempt to sketch one."

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #592 on: November 20, 2019, 05:07:11 PM »
Anne turned around immediately when she heard a noise. The cogs in her brain were moving and there was this slight sense of panic of what it might be. However, she didn't expect it to be Elin with dried rye bread badges.
:sweden: "Try to get some sleep later then", she said and took the snacks. Anne stared again the embers of a fire and tightened the blanket around her. All the words were lost for some reason and she couldn't even come up with a small-talk topic.

She rubbed her eyes.

Ylva approached Anne, and laid her head on the woman's lap.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #593 on: November 20, 2019, 05:39:48 PM »

She rubbed her eyes.

Elin nodded, ":sweden: For the most part yeah. I guess Axel might be a little off, he was sleeping in the cargo area after all, but I'm not sure what's normal for him yet," she was quiet for a moment, "It was kinda weird how fine Runar was. I mean I punched him in the face, and Axel held a knife to his throat and he just- didn't care. He didn't seem to at least. He apologized and all but... I don't know. I'm probably just being crazy."

Spoiler: show
Anne: *smiles at Elin*
Elin:  :V  :sparkle:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 05:41:19 PM by ILoveMySocksAndSweater »
socks

Temteno

« Reply #594 on: November 20, 2019, 06:26:42 PM »
Ylva approached Anne, and laid her head on the woman's lap.

Anne moved slightly and stared the dog in silence. After a moment being frozen she let the dog's head be on her lap. Its head was warm. Anne rubbed the dog gently and almost sighed.

Elin nodded, ":sweden: For the most part yeah. I guess Axel might be a little off, he was sleeping in the cargo area after all, but I'm not sure what's normal for him yet," she was quiet for a moment, "It was kinda weird how fine Runar was. I mean I punched him in the face, and Axel held a knife to his throat and he just- didn't care. He didn't seem to at least. He apologized and all but... I don't know. I'm probably just being crazy."

She looked at Elin and listened her rambling with attentive look. Finally Anne looked at Elin and shook her head.
:sweden: "No, no you aren't", she said finally and looked Elin into her eyes.
"Both of them are acting weirdly - or at least in a way that might be dangerous in future. I will talk with them tomorrow, don't worry."
She didn't look too happy about the thought and Anne looked like she had shrunk when her shoulders hunched. Small smile was still on her face.
"I know I need to talk with you too. Don't get me wrong, I'm not scolding you"

"Just..."
Anne's voice trailed off. She stared Elin with a thoughtful look and didn't get words out of her mouth for some time.
"Are you fine? You panicked there", she asked finally.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #595 on: November 20, 2019, 07:00:05 PM »
Anne moved slightly and stared the dog in silence. After a moment being frozen she let the dog's head be on her lap. Its head was warm. Anne rubbed the dog gently and almost sighed.

She looked at Elin and listened her rambling with attentive look. Finally Anne looked at Elin and shook her head.
:sweden: "No, no you aren't", she said finally and looked Elin into her eyes.
"Both of them are acting weirdly - or at least in a way that might be dangerous in future. I will talk with them tomorrow, don't worry."
She didn't look too happy about the thought and Anne looked like she had shrunk when her shoulders hunched. Small smile was still on her face.
"I know I need to talk with you too. Don't get me wrong, I'm not scolding you"

"Just..."
Anne's voice trailed off. She stared Elin with a thoughtful look and didn't get words out of her mouth for some time.
"Are you fine? You panicked there", she asked finally.

Elin looked back into Anne's eyes and something softened inside her. She sighed, ":sweden: I- I mean I guess so... I'm just- I'm not really sure. I've just been like this for a little while now so it's gotten hard to tell. Most of the time I'm alright it's only when something goes wrong when I'm not alright," she inhaled deeply and scratched at her arm, "I don't usually uhm- go off like that. I was just really worried someone was gonna get really hurt and I didn't know what was going on. We can't have that happen when our mission just started."

Elin looked back into Anne's eyes, ":sweden: I'm just worried things are gonna go horribly wrong again, I was trying to get away from that... Things going wrong I mean."

Elin's face softened into a look of slight but genuine concern, ":sweden: But what about you? Are you alright?"
socks

Temteno

« Reply #596 on: November 21, 2019, 09:41:57 AM »
"From what I remember of my geography lessons, Normandy is far to the south from here, on the European mainland" he replied. "Our expedition left Norway yesterday. Norway is a Scandinavian country, north-east from here. I myself come from Iceland, which is an island to the north-west. I do not believe we currently possess maps with scales so small, but I could attempt to sketch one."

A mist surrounding the dreamworld's waters started to ease a little. Just then an island could be seen. Its figure was unclear but a clear river fell into the waters.

Elin looked back into Anne's eyes and something softened inside her. She sighed, ":sweden: I- I mean I guess so... I'm just- I'm not really sure. I've just been like this for a little while now so it's gotten hard to tell. Most of the time I'm alright it's only when something goes wrong when I'm not alright," she inhaled deeply and scratched at her arm, "I don't usually uhm- go off like that. I was just really worried someone was gonna get really hurt and I didn't know what was going on. We can't have that happen when our mission just started."

Elin looked back into Anne's eyes, ":sweden: I'm just worried things are gonna go horribly wrong again, I was trying to get away from that... Things going wrong I mean."

Anne looked at Elin and listened. She pat the dog again. She was quiet for a moment and opened her mouth few times to start speaking.
:sweden: "It's something you have to solve yourself with time. But remember that you aren't leading anything here", she said finally and gave a pat to Elin's shoulder.
"Amelia and I do that responsibility. Please, nobody hates you - it was just a misunderstanding."

She gave Elin an encouraging look. Her eyes told that she fully believed in her own words.

Elin's face softened into a look of slight but genuine concern, ":sweden: But what about you? Are you alright?"

Anne looked confused of Elin's question.
:sweden: "Me?" Anne asked but smiled widely after it.
"I'm fine", she waved her hand in a dismissing move and took the snacks.
"Maybe we should open this package", she said and ripped it open, "Want a rye snack?"
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 01:04:51 PM by Temteno »

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #597 on: November 21, 2019, 11:43:10 AM »

As she walked, Sanni heard the words to the song slowly fade into hearing; quiet, in a strange, lilting accent. She must be headed in the right direction after all, then.

She was uneasy. The music was foreign to her, but this was her dream. It shouldn't be here. She took a breath and walked on, nearing the uncrossable borders of her haven.
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #598 on: November 21, 2019, 12:12:03 PM »
A mist surrounding the dreamworld's waters started to ease a little. Just then an island could be seen. It's figure was unclear but a clear river fell into the waters.

"Do you know that area, or should I go and see whether it is dangerous?" Rúnar asked.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #599 on: November 21, 2019, 03:49:11 PM »

Anne looked at Elin and listened. She pat the dog again. She was quiet for a moment and opened her mouth few times to start speaking.
:sweden: "It's something you have to solve yourself with time. But remember that you aren't leading anything here", she said finally and gave a pat to Elin's shoulder.
"Amelia and I do that responsibility. Please, nobody hates you - it was just a misunderstanding."

She gave Elin an encouraging look. Her eyes told that she fully believed in her own words.

Elin gave a small smile, ":sweden: Thanks, I promise I'll be better by tomorrow... probably."

Anne looked confused of Elin's question.
:sweden: "Me?" Anne asked but smiled widely after it.
"I'm fine", she waved her hand in a dismissing move and took the snacks.
"Maybe we should open this package", she said and ripped it open, "Want a rye snack?"

Elin grinned, taking a rye snack, ":sweden: Sure!"

She munched quietly on her food for a moment, ":sweden: I know you used to do something with the cleansers, what brought you out here then? ... If that's not too much to ask."
socks